Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Back in the 80's I had to smog check my 65 gto in southern California
I laughed to myself then , that's all they cared about....... the thing could have been a death trap but pass smog and your good
Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
sigh... no one thinks that mismatched color doors will fail a safety inspection. Sadly, it was assumed that everyone would understand that a non-matching color would be obvious to an inspector with half a brain and they might fail the vehicle for some other technicality, just for trying to pull something so lame on him. The failure is mine for assuming that the audience here would understand that without explanation. My apologies, you are absolutely correct.

The color doesn't matter for a safety inspection

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back in the 80's I had to smog check my 65 gto in southern California
I laughed to myself then , that's all they cared about....... the thing could have been a death trap but pass smog and your good
Yep, no safety inspection for POV's in California, just SMOG check, you can drive a wreck as long as it will pass SMOG.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure what you're smoking, but I'd like some of that. Vehicle inspections have nothing to do with the constitution. Granted, states like NY, NJ, AND CA can go overboard on their testing.
California doesn't do a safety inspection, just SMOG checks on POV's.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, if the door is stuck closed in an accident (happens a lot) and the window won't roll down then it impedes your escape.
Failing to roll UP though, it would be down for inspection purposes. I understand how failing in the up position would be a safety issue.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sigh... no one thinks that mismatched color doors will fail a safety inspection. Sadly, it was assumed that everyone would understand that a non-matching color would be obvious to an inspector with half a brain and they might fail the vehicle for some other technicality, just for trying to pull something so lame on him. The failure is mine for assuming that the audience here would understand that without explanation. My apologies, you are absolutely correct.
As you said, mismatched colors are not a safety issue... and they’re not going to fail you just because they think you’re doing something sneaky. They can only test what’s in front of them, and either you pass or you don’t.

For all they know your matching doors were faulty and these are the replacements so that you *can* pass inspection.

Also, this:

Ford Bronco Passing State Inspection - Tint 1609088641383

rand442002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
register your car in fl.
Here I am reading thru the 1st 2 pages of this thread thinking the same thing. Took until the 3rd page for the easy solution. That 1st registration in FL will cost you a pretty penny but after that it's pretty cheap.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
California doesn't do a safety inspection, just SMOG checks on POV's.
Never said safety inspection, just said those 3 states can go overboard in their testing. Smog testing is overly strict in CA

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Haha

Driving is a privileged NOT a right.
Hopefully you are not serious. That's a bad road to go down, declaring general activities a "privilege". As if we're children allowed a privilege by some authority figure. Start declaring things privileges, and see where that gets us in terms of freedoms.
Sponsored