dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here I am reading thru the 1st 2 pages of this thread thinking the same thing. Took until the 3rd page for the easy solution. That 1st registration in FL will cost you a pretty penny but after that it's pretty cheap.
Not nearly as much as it will cost to register it in NY. FL is way cheaper than NY.
Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is this thread about ? Who is inspecting your car ? Is this some sort of government thing , or this the dealer and a curtesy ? Iā€™ve never heard of it.
I'm with you, I'm in California and never heard of a vehicle inspection, now we do have smog checks every 4 years through ?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully you are not serious. That's a bad road to go down, declaring general activities a "privilege". As if we're children allowed a privilege by some authority figure. Start declaring things privileges, and see where that gets us in terms of freedoms.
You have a right to travel and move about freely.

The operation of a motor vehicle upon a public way, is a privilege regulated by law, to make sure only those who are old enough, healthy enough, and trust worthy enough, do it.

This isnā€™t just my opinion... itā€™s also the opinion of the United States Supreme Court. You can file any complaints with them.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Learn something new every day. Up until this thread, the concept of the government being able to crawl around in your car without a warrant was alien to me. Never heard of it, but sounds like plenty of you submit to it, so I guess you are not making it up.

It still seems to me like a government agent plugging into your OBD port, while the government inspector is being watched on a live webcam by another government official is some really totalitarIan stuff.

Montana is very much a libertarian state. Each person gets to decide how to live their life. I like it here and canā€™t imagine living in the places you are describing.
I live in FL. There is no inspection. But I wish there was.

I have seen cars with completely shot struts bouncing up and down on the highway. I have seen cars missing the entire front, including headlights. I'm talking just seeing a radiator coming down the road at you.

It's about the safety of others on the road sometimes.

Sponsored

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
You have a right to travel and move about freely.

The operation of a motor vehicle upon a public way, is a privilege regulated by law, to make sure only those who are old enough, healthy enough, and trust worthy enough, do it.

This isnā€™t just my opinion... itā€™s also the opinion of the United States Supreme Court. You can file any complaints with them.
Did you just mic drop ?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you just mic drop ?
As someone who gets to interact with sovereign citizens way more often than Iā€™d like, Iā€™ve had plenty of opportunities to rehearse these statements.

Also, in related news, it turns out that filing your taxes with your name written in ALL CAPS actually does not magically absolve you of your civic duties as a tax payer.

Who knew?!

(that is a real thing some people believe... does not go over well in front of the judge)

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This isn't a safety issue, but typical of the type of thing you see down here in FL with vehicle related non-compliance.

IMG_20180831_121652.jpg

The SUV has a piece of cardboard for a license plate. It says "LOST TAG"
Quit picking on Florida Man. He's just looking for his lost dog. :ROFLMAO:

It was in my backyard on Christmas day.

Of7Shb2.jpg

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
As someone who gets to interact with sovereign citizens way more often than Iā€™d like, Iā€™ve had plenty of opportunities to rehearse these statements.

Also, in related news, it turns out that filing your taxes with your name written in ALL CAPS actually does not magically absolve you of your civic duties as a tax payer.

Who knew?!

(that is a real thing some people believe... does not go over well in front of the judge)
Didn't think sovereign citizens went to jamba juice ?. We have them up here too. They run through tollbooths and make right on reds where you aren't supposed , rules do not apply apparently.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't think sovereign citizens went to jamba juice ?. We have them up here too. They run through tollbooths and make right on reds where you aren't supposed , rules do not apply apparently.
They really like smoothies.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No inspection here. Only inspection I really sweated was getting my lifted, full size 4WD into Germany. Not easy to hit all the loop holes there.

Back when this state had inspections, they were a joke. Just an excuse for the shop doing it to "adjust" your headlights and charge an extra fee. Really had nothing to do with safety.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have you ever had to conduct a traffic stop on a vehicle in the middle of the night with tint so dark you canā€™t see inside? Talk about pucker factor.
I have. It's not that big of deal. Be a little more careful and light up the scene with takedowns, spotlights, and those red n blues so they don't notice your flashlight peeking in.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You're not allowed to turn right on red? That's interesting.
Sponsored