Photo added: Just got the call - My Bronco has been delivered --- but damaged hood!

mpoteet

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 79 CJ5, 78 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same thing happened to me. Dealer called and said mine had been completely atomized. Options are wait for them to build another or go ahead and wait for another to be built.

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a thread out there for people who have gotten a Bronco delivered and driven it farther than I can throw a cow without something breaking or looking like a kindergartener built it?
Depends on how far you can throw a cowšŸ¤£. I made it less than a mile before the airbag light came on. I thought that was a pain until the clutch failed at 600 miles.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Waiting on photos from the sales manager - he has informed me that there is damaged the roof hood of the Bronco.

The sales manager is supposed to give me my options tonight for how to address it.

updated: photo attached. There is one paint chip spot and several dents equivalent to what you would see from a hail stone
53B9C518-B1D0-4BCD-A31B-726C7AAAFE5C.jpeg
Easy, Ford paints new hood when they get it and you enjoy your new Bronco until then.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a thread out there for people who have gotten a Bronco delivered and driven it farther than I can throw a cow without something breaking or looking like a kindergartener built it?

Iā€˜d propose starting one, but donā€™t feel like doing enough research to keep the forum nazis from shitting all over me for thinking about discussing something somebody already thought about discussingā€¦as that is clearly unforgiveable.
Has zero relevance to shipping damage unfortunately.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Fill in the dents? šŸ¤”

Iā€™ve used a dent guy who does magic pulling/pushing/rubbing out dents.

And I have given him some good sized dents to work on!

Yes thereā€™s a story behind each one, but my lips are sealed.
My son does this type of work (paintless dent repair) for a living. Even travels overseas. Hail damage type repairs, except for repainting.

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP it happens and I personally know the suckage hopefully they make it right. I had ordered a 100th Anniversary Challenger back in 2014. When it arrived it had sat on a train coming from Canada for 3 weeks. When we were going thru the inspection one of the tires had quarter sized cuts from the chains holding it down. The windshield had lines between the laminated layers. The steering wheel had a huge gouge down the center. The trunk wasnā€™t fully sprayed, and Iā€™m sure Iā€™m missing something. The upside Dodge flew a paint guy down from Canada and they redid the paint on the inside of the trunk, replaced all the other listed shit. Then for all my trouble gave me 3k in parts of my choice which was a performance exhaust, cai, and a shift kit. Installed for free, sometimes shit just happens. And the best part for me was it arrived on my Birthday!

BigDog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does anyone know if Rapid Red is a new color to Ford? Will the dealer body shop have it in stock?
I work for Ford doing paint and metal repair at the factory and this should not be a problem at all and you shouldnā€™t be able to tell it was touched if their body guy is any good. Take about 20 minutes to get hoods dents out and about 40 minutes to paint that chip. I would not worry about it. Shipping damage happens quite a bit. Also Rapid Red is a great color. I ordered my FE in it and use to have a F-150 in RR and loved it. Use to be called Ruby Red.

OP
OP

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I work for Ford doing paint and metal repair at the factory and this should not be a problem at all and you shouldnā€™t be able to tell it was touched if their body guy is any good. Take about 20 minutes to get hoods dents out and about 40 minutes to paint that chip. I would not worry about it. Shipping damage happens quite a bit. Also Rapid Red is a great color. I ordered my FE in it and use to have a F-150 in RR and loved it. Use to be called Ruby Red.
Thanks. At the dealership now. It looks like the dents are pretty minor and there is only one chip. They are going to write it up that they will attempt repair in house and if that does not satisfactorily resolve it, they will replace the hood.

BigDog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks. At the dealership now. It looks like the dents are pretty minor and there is only one chip. They are going to write it up that they will attempt repair in house and if that does not satisfactorily resolve it, they will replace the hood.
Sounds like a good resolution. Once vehicles leave the plant they are then the responsibility of the shipper and then the dealership.

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has zero relevance to shipping damage unfortunately.
True. Some turd head along the way had to know that thing was damaged and evidently didnā€™t say anything.

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Depends on how far you can throw a cowšŸ¤£. I made it less than a mile before the airbag light came on. I thought that was a pain until the clutch failed at 600 miles.
Dang, sorry man. Even when I was in my cow-flinging prime, I could never launch one a full mile.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully itā€™s not from the derailment on that train recently?šŸ˜Æ
Donā€™t know if joking or not, but any vehicle involved in a recordable derailment is automatically scrapped/given a salvage title.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Donā€™t know if joking or not, but any vehicle involved in a recordable derailment is automatically scrapped/given a salvage title.
Wasnā€™t joking! I did not know that. I fear there might be some of us, including me, that might find out our Bronco was on that train. Praying there wasnā€™t many Broncos on that derailment.