Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had the front panels off for the first time yesterday and noticed this weird little plastic pin thing stuck in the front weatherstripping. Didn’t notice anything like this anywhere else on the seals. Gave it a tug and it didn’t want to come out but also I didn’t want to yank it out in case it’s supposed to be there. Also have a tear in the seal right below it, wonder if the pin caused the tear to happen. I’ve had some excess wind noise at freeway speeds from this general area so now I’m thinking this is the cause of it. I don’t remember seeing anything like this on my other bronco but that was a soft top.

Guessing this isn’t normal. Manufacturing defect?

12E21F96-9763-43BE-8188-6E993428F92D.jpeg

B9F78FF4-9EC9-40DB-9B1E-01EED5150DE0.jpeg
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco | '16 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the pin and opening. I assumed something is stuffed inside and the pin holds it in place.
I haven't figured out the opening, but we have the same feature

OP
OP
judgefudge72

judgefudge72

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the pin and opening. I assumed something is stuffed inside and the pin holds it in place.
I haven't figured out the opening, but we have the same feature
Good to know it’s not just mine. Seems odd still.

SmashFaceKiller

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door, BL, SAS- velocity blue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve got the same thing too. I’ve been chasing down a whistle coming from between my front panels that resolves when I jam my hand up there. Thought that was the problem for sure. Only to realize that I had the same pin and slit immediately to the rear in the clamshell weather stripping (2 door). Zero clue what the purpose might be but it seems we’re all meant to have it

OP
OP
judgefudge72

judgefudge72

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve got the same thing too. I’ve been chasing down a whistle coming from between my front panels that resolves when I jam my hand up there. Thought that was the problem for sure. Only to realize that I had the same pin and slit immediately to the rear in the clamshell weather stripping (2 door). Zero clue what the purpose might be but it seems we’re all meant to have it
I didn’t check the rear seal at all. My wind noise is similar. Gets quieter if you put your hand up near where the two panels meet in the front. Feel like adding some extra weatherstripping up there.

SmashFaceKiller

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door, BL, SAS- velocity blue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A little bit of extra weather stripping ran down in that front channel would certainly be more aesthetically pleasing than my current solution

C163E408-0554-4B46-B6B5-CD3AC2EB8A97.jpeg
Sponsored