Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve always thought Rigid was over priced and yes tons of aftermarket options for cheap...that being said, I’m still getting them for a few reasons: I’ve done after market on my vehicles (Jeep and hummer), wasn’t really thrilled with the results and ended up replacing them a few times. Second, trying to keep bronco “stock” (or factory installed) in this case. Finally, I’m not a pro when it comes to wiring so it’ll probably look cleaner if the factory did it. ?‍♂ Just my dot-oh-2
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think they’re worth it...for well less than $100 you can easily put high quality pod LEDs on from Amazon. Just as bright, just as long lasting in my experience, look just as good. You have switches already wired in, which is the hardest pet of wiring. I thought that prices was bad, and the $1800 light bar price is obscene.
If you think spending less than $100 on Amazon for LED lighting is going to provide an equivalent option, it’s not the quality of the light that’s “high.”

I guess it depends on what your end goal is. I’ve purchased plenty of cheap led lighting from Amazon before, but it’s always for conspicuity, not for actual illumination... when I want proper illumination and construction I’ve always had to spend at least some money.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One of the accessories now being offered is a pair of "pod lights" for $650. Can't tell what brand they are (other rock lights are stated as Rigid lights).

Seems awful pricey. I'm getting the BD with the aux switches so getting them installed and wired by someone who knows what they're doing is an incentive for me.

Thoughts? Where is the terminal for the aux switches? In the engine compartment or somewhere else?

1604155090716.png
Edit .. thought this was the same RIDGID brand found on jobsites. I've been bamboozled lol ..

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you think spending less than $100 on Amazon for LED lighting is going to provide an equivalent option, it’s not the quality of the light that’s “high.”

I guess it depends on what your end goal is. I’ve purchased plenty of cheap led lighting from Amazon before, but it’s always for conspicuity, not for actual illumination... when I want proper illumination and construction I’ve always had to spend at least some money.
I guess we've had different experiences. I think you can get very good lights for little money, often from the same factories turning out high dollar products. I've done it with both light bars and pods. I also see all the positive reviews on some of them. There is just very little difference in the product at the end of the day on something like a pod LED. They are simple and cheap to manufacture. You can either pay a lot or a little for similar quality, but with different names.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nothing RIGID is cheap. I'm in the construction industry and RIGID has been around for years. Known for high quality, durable products ... However yes it comes at a cost especially when it's a DIO on a vehicle. Would need a model# of the lights offered to make a firm desicion. But anything RIGID gets a ?? from me ...
Are you talking Rigid tools in construction? Different companies.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess we've had different experiences. I think you can get very good lights for little money, often from the same factories turning out high dollar products. I've done it with both light bars and pods. I also see all the positive reviews on some of them. There is just very little difference in the product at the end of the day on something like a pod LED. They are simple and cheap to manufacture. You can either pay a lot or a little for similar quality, but with different names.
True. If you can find the same product under a different brand name, that’s good to go.

We’ve seen this type of thing in the emergency lighting sector for a while. Particularly the small body mounted LED warning lights will be sold under different brands.

The catch is you have to do your homework. What will sometimes happen to further reduce per-unit cost and lower retail price is the downgrading of components, or removal of components all together. They come out of the same factory but they are built to different standards depending on the client.

The diodes themselves will be of a lower grade (producing an incorrect color temp or less output), circuit boards will be missing electrical regulation components or heat sinks (shortening lifespan or hurting reliability), or the plastic lenses or gasketing will be lesser quality. All of which amounts to a cheaper “good enough” product.

For some applications we actually suggest going with them, for others we go with the name brand stuff.

I guess... just.... do your homework?

:)

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you’d be pretty shocked at how many people would buy a vehicle like this and have no mechanical prowess to work in them, let alone mount and wire in a set of lights. People like that would have someone like 4-Wheel Parts install them at a crazy markup. In that case buying from a dealer would be an easier option.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you talking Rigid tools in construction? Different companies.
Oh man if that's the case .. will definitely reconsider lmao .. will research them now... anyone have a model# ?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you’d be pretty shocked at how many people would buy a vehicle like this and have no mechanical prowess to work in them, let alone mount and wire in a set of lights. People like that would have someone like 4-Wheel Parts install them at a crazy markup. In that case buying from a dealer would be an easier option.
This is an excellent point.

It’s not unlike oil changes for me. Sometimes I actually like spending the time doing them, and sometimes my time is worth enough it makes more sense just to pay someone else to do it.

I can imagine plenty of people for whom they just assume pay Ford to deliver their bronco with the lights already installed for this price.

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not saying Im questioning your info but where did you get the model info from? I haven't seen anything from Ford that identifies the model other than the 2-door badlands concept. Are they the same ones they used for the concept vehicle? Thanks for the info though. I do appreciate it.
I'm just going off of what the Rigid rep said was on the overlander. I don't think we will have any 100% confirmation on part numbers until ordering. Or at least I hope we will. I also asked a Ford guy if all of the Yakima accessories mount to the Ford roof rack. He said yes but couldn't say who manufacturers the Ford rack. Is any of this information 100% verified? No.

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nothing RIGID is cheap. I'm in the construction industry and RIGID has been around for years. Known for high quality, durable products ... However yes it comes at a cost especially when it's a DIO on a vehicle. Would need a model# of the lights offered to make a firm desicion. But anything RIGID gets a ?? from me ...
Rigid or Ridgid?

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's listed as an accessory and not an option though. Does that mean anything. It's marked as an S8 and not an S4, I think.
B&P info icon on these lights indicate 3/36 warranty if factory supplied and installed by Ford dealer.

OP
OP
BroncOBX

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm just going off of what the Rigid rep said was on the overlander. I don't think we will have any 100% confirmation on part numbers until ordering. Or at least I hope we will. I also asked a Ford guy if all of the Yakima accessories mount to the Ford roof rack. He said yes but couldn't say who manufacturers the Ford rack. Is any of this information 100% verified? No.
Cool thanks!
Sponsored