Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One of the accessories now being offered is a pair of "pod lights" for $650. Can't tell what brand they are (other rock lights are stated as Rigid lights).

Seems awful pricey. I'm getting the BD with the aux switches so getting them installed and wired by someone who knows what they're doing is an incentive for me.

Thoughts? Where is the terminal for the aux switches? In the engine compartment or somewhere else?

Ford Bronco Pod Lights - Is $650 worth it? 1604155090716
Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those are Rigid 360 Pod lights, think they are $350 from Rigid. Is $300 to install these 2 lights worth it? Not to me.
Wiring for the switches is under the hood and should be simple to hook in these lights.

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The rigid 360s range from 350-579. The version they have on are $450 from rigid and the wiring harness is $99, so I think the price is reasonable. I talked to a Rigid rep at the MOB event and he said their will be bumper mounted and other configurations available when ordering the Bronco at the dealer in December.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was planning on adding those lights but maybe need to rethink... I did read that d.i.o.'s would be covered by warranty so that may be worth something.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncOBX

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The rigid 360s range from 350-579. The version they have on are $450 from rigid and the wiring harness is $99, so I think the price is reasonable. I talked to a Rigid rep at the MOB event and he said their will be bumper mounted and other configurations available when ordering the Bronco at the dealer in December.
Not saying Im questioning your info but where did you get the model info from? I haven't seen anything from Ford that identifies the model other than the 2-door badlands concept. Are they the same ones they used for the concept vehicle? Thanks for the info though. I do appreciate it.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plus all of the interest that you'll be paying over the life of the loan and those are $500 per light. I can't see many people financing accessories through Ford. Well, actually I can which is crazy.

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was planning on adding those lights but maybe need to rethink... I did read that d.i.o.'s would be covered by warranty so that may be worth something.
It's listed as an accessory and not an option though. Does that mean anything. It's marked as an S8 and not an S4, I think.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I could pop on TheRetrofitSource and get pod lights in whatever style I want for half the price. As a bonus, I'd actually be using the auxiliary switches for their intended purpose: aftermarket addons.

OP
OP
BroncOBX

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just got this screen shot from the New York Stock Exchange visit. Ford guy says that Rigid is the partner for these lights so that part of my question is answered (confirmed)
Ford Bronco Pod Lights - Is $650 worth it? 1604161591979

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think they’re worth it...for well less than $100 you can easily put high quality pod LEDs on from Amazon. Just as bright, just as long lasting in my experience, look just as good. You have switches already wired in, which is the hardest pet of wiring. I thought that prices was bad, and the $1800 light bar price is obscene.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rigid lights are high quality and a decent value for the ~$350 price point that you can get them aftermarket. $650 is ridiculous, but that counts install as well. So if you have no mechanical ability and really want the lights then maybe that tips the scales.

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy the cheapies from amazon/eBay. I did once and never will again due to almost burning up my truck. They use poor quality wiring and cheap seals. There’s a reason why they are so much cheaper than the name brands.

Jb7

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How about these or similar, I believe this brands been around awhile and prob has a decent manu warrenty, install less than an hour I imagine based on past experience and that was me installing a switch which won’t be ness with auxs

Ford Bronco Pod Lights - Is $650 worth it? 1313112F-C557-4218-AA12-BE2EF2423F6A

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands