Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess we've had different experiences. I think you can get very good lights for little money, often from the same factories turning out high dollar products. I've done it with both light bars and pods. I also see all the positive reviews on some of them. There is just very little difference in the product at the end of the day on something like a pod LED. They are simple and cheap to manufacture. You can either pay a lot or a little for similar quality, but with different names.
I agree that this is mostly due to different experiences. Years ago when I was fixing my cars up on a High School or College budget I was forced to buy the cheapies (no name Chinese off brands) However, in less than a year there was always something wrong with them. After several examples of that I decided you get what you pay for. Since my budget was still tight I opted for middle of the road quality, which in my case were low end KC lights. After several years, they never failed me. Earlier this year I did splurge and bought some Rigid Pod Lights for my new Jeep GC and was blown away with the quality. I can tell they are a step up from even KC. Is that really worth it? Not sure since my KCs never failed either. Probably comes down to style at that point. So for me, the sweet spot are likely those middle of the road brands. But I will not buy those cheapo off brands ever again. IMO, the cost of installing them (or my time) isn't worth it.
Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about these or similar, I believe this brands been around awhile and prob has a decent manu warrenty, install less than an hour I imagine based on past experience and that was me installing a switch which won’t be ness with auxs

1313112F-C557-4218-AA12-BE2EF2423F6A.jpeg
Good idea, see my post above...

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How about these or similar, I believe this brands been around awhile and prob has a decent manu warrenty, install less than an hour I imagine based on past experience and that was me installing a switch which won’t be ness with auxs

1313112F-C557-4218-AA12-BE2EF2423F6A.jpeg
Not LED

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those are Rigid 360 Pod lights, think they are $350 from Rigid. Is $300 to install these 2 lights worth it? Not to me.
Wiring for the switches is under the hood and should be simple to hook in these lights.
Correct its clearly an after market accessory! And yes worth getting

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you’d be pretty shocked at how many people would buy a vehicle like this and have no mechanical prowess to work in them, let alone mount and wire in a set of lights. People like that would have someone like 4-Wheel Parts install them at a crazy markup. In that case buying from a dealer would be an easier option.
This is me. That’s why I’m getting aftermarket lights from Ford for my Badlands Bronco. .

Sponsored

VegasKoop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Plus all of the interest that you'll be paying over the life of the loan and those are $500 per light. I can't see many people financing accessories through Ford. Well, actually I can which is crazy.
Are your calculations based on the full 650?
I'm too lazy to do math right now. Because, obviously, nobody is financing %100

What % of the light cost did you use in your finance math?

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are your calculations based on the full 650?
I'm too lazy to do math right now. Because, obviously, nobody is financing %100

What % of the light cost did you use in your finance math?
Your point is solid, and to add on, if anyone is concerned with the thought of financing accessories and cringing at paying interest on stuff like lightbulbs...just pay down your loan by the cost of the accessory. It won't lower your monthly payment but it will lower the part of that payment that is interest. It will have the same net effect on your loan as paying for them outright in the aftermarket.

If you'd rather have your Bronco show up ready to rock with everything installed by the dealer, but don't want to pay interest on accessories, you can have your cake and eat it too.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No 650.00 is crazy ,but if you have zero mechanical ability either find some friend that does, or fire up the university of you tube its not hard .
Im not getting them because they look like someone walking by would to try to wrestle off when i wasnt looking

Saskwah

Big Bend
First Name
wess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm just going off of what the Rigid rep said was on the overlander. I don't think we will have any 100% confirmation on part numbers until ordering. Or at least I hope we will. I also asked a Ford guy if all of the Yakima accessories mount to the Ford roof rack. He said yes but couldn't say who manufacturers the Ford rack. Is any of this information 100% verified? No.
33F75C86-7AC5-4C3E-B61B-C5B549BC140C.png

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Pod Lights - Is $650 worth it? 33F75C86-7AC5-4C3E-B61B-C5B549BC140C
KC is quality stuff too. Plus they have actual fog patterns, although you wouldn't mount a dog light high like that and expect it to be effective.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Step back from the convenience of having Ford installed accessories and think about that $650 price tag. $650 for a light pod that you will probably turn on less than 10 minutes of use in six months time. Figure on how much time you will be off road in the dark and ask if $650 is for you?

I bought a 24” light bar and two pods about 5 years ago on a Black Friday sale. The light bar has spot and flood like all the big brand lights. $300 for all three lights and included the relays, switches mounting brackets, and they are still working today.

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of the accessories now being offered is a pair of "pod lights" for $650. Can't tell what brand they are (other rock lights are stated as Rigid lights).

Seems awful pricey. I'm getting the BD with the aux switches so getting them installed and wired by someone who knows what they're doing is an incentive for me.

Thoughts? Where is the terminal for the aux switches? In the engine compartment or somewhere else?

Ford Bronco Pod Lights - Is $650 worth it? 33F75C86-7AC5-4C3E-B61B-C5B549BC140C
Not, Ebay 1@ $275 2@ $301, so $576 i wire 2 sets! Mirrors & bumpers. Also Synthetic rope Warn 10-S at $1400.

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you ever used lights mounted like this? One of the first things I took off of my FJ40. Not sure what color Bronco you are getting but this type of light will glare off the hood. Same with the roof light bar depending on how far back it is mounted. It they are just for looks buy some cheapies. My opinion is the name brand lights are all over priced and over rated.
But in the end it it turns your crank, do it.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll be going Black Oak for far less and just as good.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see how any lights can be worth half that. And 1600 for a light bar? Ridiculous
They aren't chinesium. American lights, American design, American company, (north) American manufactured. Owned by the company that pioneered led headlights for the transportation industry (Truck-Lite). The best lights in the world at that price point. You can get cheaper for less $, and you can get better for more $.
Sponsored