PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm one of those I need a car sooner vs later...

Long story short. I'm concerned I'm going to get pushed into MY22. But I guess I won't really know that for 100% certainty until I place my order and get my delivery date in May.

So, let's say I place my order and I get my delivery date in May and it's too far out for my personal situation. Can I then cancel? Or is that too far past the point of no return?
Sponsored

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1st question would be are you at a dealership that wants some stupid high non refundable deposit. If so then think about moving dealers now since you are unsure if going to go through with it. I am an early 7/14 res so my option may differ than someone with a 7/15 or latter one.

OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1st question would be are you at a dealership that wants some stupid high non refundable deposit. If so then think about moving dealers now since you are unsure if going to go through with it. I am an early 7/14 res so my option may differ than someone with a 7/15 or latter one.
Yeah. That's a whole other story, lol.

I'm 7/16. So not late. But definitely not the earliest.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Long story short. I'm concerned I'm going to get pushed into MY22. But I guess I won't really know that for 100% certainty until I place my order and get my delivery date in May.

So, let's say I place my order and I get my delivery date in May and it's too far out for my personal situation. Can I then cancel? Or is that too far past the point of no return?
You can completely cancel, start talking to your dealer and they will tell you that.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

This is what I'm planning to do. I'll see where things stand in August and decide what to do at that point.

OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will they be penalized?
Not as far as what has been talked about here - Dealer would only be penalized if you backed out after the build was started...Correct me if wrong, please!

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will they be penalized?
Depends on the dealer. If you have one that requires a non-refundable deposit....sounds like you would be. However if your dealer doesn't require a deposit, you're fine to walk away.

OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Depends on the dealer. If you have one that requires a non-refundable deposit....sounds like you would be. However if your dealer doesn't require a deposit, you're fine to walk away.
Perfect!

Currently searching for a new dealer. #1 requirement is refundable deposit. ?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Perfect!

Currently searching for a new dealer. #1 requirement is non refundable deposit. ?
Why are you searching for a dealer that has a requirement of a non-refundable deposit? Am I missing a joke?

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Communicate with your dealer. Let them know that you need your Bronco by a certain date and if not you would like to cancel. If they are not in agreement, find a dealer that is willing. As long as everything is upfront and agreed to there won’t be problems.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you... this is the exact question I had. I don't want to be left holding the bag and I don't want to do that to my dealer (one of the Bronco6G ones).

But if it turns out I'm not getting my Bronco until late 22... I'm out. Waiting 2 years for a car is unreasonable IMO.
Sponsored