First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So weird question, since this has to be installed by a Ford dealer or ASE certified technician to maintain the warranty, does it matter what ASE's that tech has? I still have 2 left from my days of being a tech but neither of them apply to what we're doing here.
Says ASE Red cert or something like that.
Sponsored

Alexxm

Badlands
First Name
Alexandru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi group!
I am from Europe, and I have a 2021 2.3 Auto, Badlands.
i am contemplating buying one of these, but i do have a few questions.
Please excuse the lack of knowledge. I did some research, but i don't really understand these electric stuff.
I don't know the fuel economy before (as my license was suspended when i got it) but i installed an Injen cold air intake. After the install, the Fuel economy is about 13,5 mpg, on premium gas.
I went to a local tuning shop, but they cannot read the ECU. They said the car could run rich or lean, and it would not be OK for the engine, and i should do a custom tune.
Now, my questions are:
- is there such a thing as a custom tune for these engines? (read the ECU, tune it, write it back) Is it a good thing?
- does it matter that i installed a cold air intake? (i read that the engine adjusts itself on various mods you make: petrol type, CAI, exhaust) is it true?
- would the Pro-cal make a tune that includes the CAI i installed?
- as Ford's warranty is not international, i guess it would be OK for me to install it myself. But would there be support from Ford Performance in case i need it?

Other than that, i still love the car :)

Thank you for your help.
Alex

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Ford Performance Procal devices and calibrations are now available for the 2024 Bronco models. Use coupon code WINNING for your discount and don't forget that today is the last day of our Team Lethal Mustang Giveaway. So make sure to get your orders in before the end of the day to get your entries. Every dollar you spend with us gets you an entry to win the car and 10k cash.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ry-tool-2021-2024-bronco-2-3l-m-9603-b23.html
m-12655-f_2.jpg

https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/teamlethal-mustang-giveaway
Ford Bronco Post your 2.3L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review m-12655-f_2

YOLO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just installed this tune - I just did a quick around a few blocks in the neighborhood, so haven't formed a full opinion yet, but I will say that even at low residential speeds the throttle feels a bit crisper and with less turbo lag.

Rev matching is working on mine, but I can't figure out how to deactivate/reactivate it. The procedure in the manual is to depress the brake and hold down the "speed control" button (+ or -) and the tachometer should give you some feedback to let you know something happened. I can only assume that the speed control buttons referenced are the cruise control inputs, but for the life of me I can't get the procedure to work. Anyone else have trouble with this? Ford Performance has a help number listed on the instructions, but since it's Sunday I figured I'd ask here first...

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just installed this tune - I just did a quick around a few blocks in the neighborhood, so haven't formed a full opinion yet, but I will say that even at low residential speeds the throttle feels a bit crisper and with less turbo lag.

Rev matching is working on mine, but I can't figure out how to deactivate/reactivate it. The procedure in the manual is to depress the brake and hold down the "speed control" button (+ or -) and the tachometer should give you some feedback to let you know something happened. I can only assume that the speed control buttons referenced are the cruise control inputs, but for the life of me I can't get the procedure to work. Anyone else have trouble with this? Ford Performance has a help number listed on the instructions, but since it's Sunday I figured I'd ask here first...
Never felt a need to deactivate it. But I think there is an option in the driver assist menu.

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Once I had it I never wanted to turn it off.
Jason

burgerking

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't want to turn it off either. If you forget you have it and rev match it yourself it still seems to work smoothly. Gas mileage took a little hit when I first installed it but now it seems slightly improved after it had a chance to relearn. I was also running the JB4 on map 5 before the reflash and dropped down to map 3 after. I've been running a mixture of E85 and 89 octane, probably around 94 octane.

DDraht

Outer Banks
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Question on reflashing, I have been running the tune for about a year now, & last week hooked up the tool/module to the computer & downloaded the firmware update. Now on the tool I have the stock tune, the original performance tune, & a line with downloaded firmware update version. Do I need to re-install the stock tune & then reflash using the updated line?
Thanks,
Sponsored