Sponsored

PPF bubbling/delaminating less than 2yrs old?

BCKMRKR

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2-Door, '19 Miata, '15 M235i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just about positive it is the texture. When my installer (owner w/20 years experience) did my pre-install inspection, he pointed out the texture on the rear gate attachment points (above the bronco logo) and mentioned it would not stick to it, so he wrapped around them.

If this is true, I would wonder why someone would try doing it and it doesn't appear he tried where your issue is.
Sponsored

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Shop said bring it by and if it is a film issue it would be a warranty issue. Not sure how this wouldn’t be an automatic warranty and no questions. Thoughts?

IMG_3452.jpeg
it’s not an “automatic warranty, no questions asked issue” because they haven’t even seen it yet and don’t know what caused it.

How would they determine if it is a covered repair (a defect in the product or a workmanship/installation issue) without even seeing it?

what if it had a harsh chemical applied to it, or excessive heat, or was pressure washed?

I’m not saying that any of those things happened, or that they shouldn’t warranty it. I just disagree with the notion that they should warranty it “no questions asked”.

Last edited:
OP
OP

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well after talking more with the installer he said he would have to look at in order to see if it is a warranty item. It seems there is possible a few issues that could cause this. Could be the way it was installed, not cleaned proper prior to install. Could be a film issue Luminar is the film on this vehicle. Could be this particular area on the car should be PPF due to the texture. But all my other cars have this and they are all PPF in the same exact area and no issue. Guess we shall see what the outcome is this particular shop did mods and PPF on no less that 4 vehicles over that past 6yrs.
Sponsored