Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got a quote yesterday to have my entire 18 year old Tacoma stripped to the metal and repainted for about $3000, from a shop here with a very good reputation. They are currently booked until January.

No way I'd spend twice that for some wrap that won't last 18 years or even 10 years, and that's what I was quoted from wrap places here, in the 6-8k range. I'm not buying a Lamborghini here, so that's a no go.

I'd consider it with the prices quoted by Aidan here, but that's not what I seem to be able to find locally, at least not from a good shop. But even then I would probably just wait, eventually get dings fixed and the entire rig wrapped in a different color or something like that. But never for $6k+ on a offroad truck.

I just ordered some PPF for my door sills and if I manage to get that on good I might just do the front lip of my hood myself, see if I can get it on there, I have plenty time to play. I'll also be doing my own ceramic coat first thing when my Bronco shows up here.

My Taco has only a couple small dings in the front of the hood after 18 years, all would be easy and not expensive to fix, just never bothered. Now the clear coat is coming off on the front of the roof, which is why I got the paint quote. I was surprised how "cheap", I expected easy twice that price, if not more.
Sponsored

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Expedition, 2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just got a quote yesterday to have my entire 18 year old Tacoma stripped to the metal and repainted for about $3000, from a shop here with a very good reputation. They are currently booked until January.

No way I'd spend twice that for some wrap that won't last 18 years or even 10 years, and that's what I was quoted from wrap places here, in the 6-8k range. I'm not buying a Lamborghini here, so that's a no go.

I'd consider it with the prices quoted by Aidan here, but that's not what I seem to be able to find locally, at least not from a good shop. But even then I would probably just wait, eventually get dings fixed and the entire rig wrapped in a different color or something like that. But never for $6k+ on a offroad truck.

I just ordered some PPF for my door sills and if I manage to get that on good I might just do the front lip of my hood myself, see if I can get it on there, I have plenty time to play. I'll also be doing my own ceramic coat first thing when my Bronco shows up here.

My Taco has only a couple small dings in the front of the hood after 18 years, all would be easy and not expensive to fix, just never bothered. Now the clear coat is coming off on the front of the roof, which is why I got the paint quote. I was surprised how "cheap", I expected easy twice that price, if not more.
If you're getting quotes for a full respray at that price then that's a no brainer. If its quality work they do then certainly, that makes it a valid option.

We don't see good paint work being performed at that price here. If you're not looking to preserve the resale value of a vehicle then sure, paint away!

Typically on a vehicle like the Bronco you're going to run in to rock chipping issues pretty quick, even if you don't take it offroad. Which is why frontal PPF is something we would absolutely recommend.

But again, it comes down to what you are trying to achieve and how you use your vehicle. An old rig that you're happy to bounce around the trails with, touch up any dings over the years, and generally enjoy, then yeah PPF might not be for you. A lot of folks are going to be enjoying their Broncos on road (unfortunately) more than offroad haha so highway driving and accidents become a thing to consider.

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Expedition, 2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mine is getting Xpel as we speak, we decided to not do the grill as there are so many holes and installer wasn’t positive we could get it to lay down properly.

Ford Bronco PPF Question 72AE1AB5-8E41-4116-804A-7F2233E820CC

That is a great colour! Is that the Anti-matter blue? I've been waiting to see one of those in person. Looks great so far. The Badlands Bronco we have in the shop right now is getting full body PPF including the grill. But it has that satin finish grey grill? So we opted to used XPEL Stealth, which is a satin finish version of their regular Ultimate Plus Gloss. It came out great!

Ford Bronco PPF Question Photo Oct 07, 16 56 55
Ford Bronco PPF Question Photo Oct 07, 16 57 09

If you look closely where i am pointing, you can see where the grill coverage kit stops. It covers the full area around the headlights and the top and bottom of the grill. It comes in to the first row of holes and then stops. As you can see though, with the Stealth it blends really well, the finish is perfect, you wouldn't know it is there.

Looking forward to what you think of your PPF'd Bronco!

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had PPF installed on my Bronc from a local shop I've done some business with. $2400 and they guarantee their work for the life of the vehicle. They did a great job. I had them do everywhere but the rear door. That price included window tint and the interior door sills.

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@AtlantaCeramicCoating&PPF the color on the bronco being wrapped is lightning blue. Only available on the First edition.

Anti Matter Blue is much darker. Some call it Anti Matter Black....

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

unless the cost is outrageous I'm planning on it

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just got quoted $7K for whole vehicle with XPEL,,,, 4 door Wildtrack. Seems steep, maybe not, never had a vehicle done before.

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might look into getting it done in Sac or LA, if I can find a good, reasonably priced place to do it. Seems like the SF Bay Area always overcharges for everything. Would be worth the drive to save a few thousand bucks. We always get screwed here.

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got quoted $7K for whole vehicle with XPEL,,,, 4 door Wildtrack. Seems steep, maybe not, never had a vehicle done before.
that's 4-5k in labor alone :/ isn't worth it in my book but not surprised by that estimate.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im doing the whole thing in xpel stealth. Buddy is doing the install, material is around $1000 for my 2 door, Ill shoot him 2-3k for doing the install right after delivery.
do share some photos when it's done, curious to see how stealth will look like!

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might look into getting it done in Sac or LA, if I can find a good, reasonably priced place to do it. Seems like the SF Bay Area always overcharges for everything. Would be worth the drive to save a few thousand bucks. We always get screwed here.
true, high rent prices and all that plus they know people have money here, especially for luxury installs like this, nobody with small budget would do that.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is a great colour! Is that the Anti-matter blue? I've been waiting to see one of those in person. Looks great so far. The Badlands Bronco we have in the shop right now is getting full body PPF including the grill. But it has that satin finish grey grill? So we opted to used XPEL Stealth, which is a satin finish version of their regular Ultimate Plus Gloss. It came out great!

If you look closely where i am pointing, you can see where the grill coverage kit stops. It covers the full area around the headlights and the top and bottom of the grill. It comes in to the first row of holes and then stops. As you can see though, with the Stealth it blends really well, the finish is perfect, you wouldn't know it is there.

Looking forward to what you think of your PPF'd Bronco!
For the record, that looks like Area 51 to me?

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

do share some photos when it's done, curious to see how stealth will look like!
yes will do, its going to be on velocity blue so it should look stellar
Sponsored