RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I purchased my Day Two reservation 4-dr Black Diamond on May 31, 2022. At the time of purchase, the dealer showed a single price-protection certificate in their system, which I believe was around $400-500. I asked about the mid-year price protection. They said that's all they showed in their system, but any additional price-protection amounts would be mailed directly to the dealership via a check. I asked the sales manager how could I be assured the dealership would pass that on to me upon receipt and was told "We have to give that to you. It would be illegal for us to keep it."

Fast forward a year and I've never heard a word more about this, though I'm fairly certain I was entitled to additional price protection money:

Ford Bronco Price Protection Problem ford

I called Ford and was routed between multiple departments who told me they couldn't help me or didn't have access to the information I need, namely was additional price protection money sent to the dealership on my behalf? Ultimately they referred me to the dealership. Of course if the dealership intended to keep this money (which clearly they did), they'll simply tell me they never received anything. I need to know from Ford if that's the case.

What's my recourse?
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
You trusted a sleazy dealer - no recourse other than small claims court.

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But how do I find out if - and for how much - additional price protection was paid to the dealership on my behalf? That’s something I absolutely need to know.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am having an issue too. I called Ford Marketing and they show nothing in the system for my 10/21 order that has had no changes other than the color. They tell me that the dealer has to upload the information in order for them to generate a certificate. So far the dealer has done nothing.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
But how do I find out if - and for how much - additional price protection was paid to the dealership on my behalf? That’s something I absolutely need to know.
That's not really how it works. The dealership is simply re-invoiced. It's a correction on their monthly invoice statement. (i.e. the dealership isn't paid by Ford, they get a credit on what they owe to Ford).

To prove that the dealership was re-invoiced you would have to subpoena their business records. Obviously neither Ford nor the Dealership is going to volunteer those records.

The other recourse you might have is to simply file a fraudulent business complaint against the dealership with your States Attorney General.

My Bank recently charged me $50 after they changed my acocunt type without asking first. After dragging their feet for 2 weeks I filed a complaint with the AG. That got their attention immediately, and I got my $50 back the next day.

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I purchase under the Z Plan am I entitled to the price protection amount shown on my screenshot above or are the discount plans exempt from this?

I need to find out the exact amount I should have qualified for in price protection discounts. Clearly I can’t rely on the dealership to provide me with that information.
Sponsored