Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Above you said $1500. Sorry if I am missing something. Trying to figure out what document raises the price protection from $250 to either $975 or $1500.
Alright…. backing up a bit. Let’s see if I can make this extremely clear.

There are two price protection programs for people who reserved or ordered before March 19th, 2021. These programs stack.
  • PGM#38406
    • Covers price increases between MY2021 and MY2022.
  • PGM#38446
    • Covers price increases between MY2022 and MY2022.5.
    • Only applies if your Bronco was assigned a VIN and built after MY2022.5 price increases, and you modified your order after March 11th, 2022. If your Bronco still has the original MY2022 pricing this does not apply.
The price protection amount varies depending on what you had on order on October 1st, 2021. IF YOU HAD A 4-DOOR OUTER BANKS ON ORDER FROM THE BEGINNING, AND THAT HAS NEVER CHANGED…. you are eligible for the following:
  • PGM#38406 - $250
  • PGM#38446 - $1250 - (Again, only applies if your Bronco has the new MY2022.5 pricing on the window sticker and you modified your order.)

EDIT— Made some updates to be even more clear in case someone reads this later.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trying to figure this out now since my Bronco Black Diamond finally hit "in production". I reserved 9/16/20 but did not place an order until 5/17/21 tbh I can't remember why but I think I was waiting on info about the mod top, that eventually got dropped.

By being reserved in '20 am I covered under the price protection? Or am I not because I actually placed the order after the March deadline? And if it makes any different my "re-order" for '22 was done a few days after the order banks reopened. (Sometime in October).

My gut tells me from reading the replies that I am protected under the '21 prices because of my reservation but am unsure which takes precedent it or the order.
Yeah, you’re covered under the MY2021 price protection programs.

Which, assuming you got a 2-door Black Diamond, will be $1,500.

OP
OP
603BB

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Alright…. backing up a bit. Let’s see if I can make this extremely clear.

There are two price protection programs for people who reserved or ordered before March 19th, 2021. These programs stack.
  • PGM#38406
    • Covers price increases between MY2021 and MY2022.
  • PGM#38446
    • Covers price increases between MY2022 and MY2022.5.
    • Only applies if your Bronco was assigned a VIN and built after MY2022.5 price increases. If your Bronco still has the original MY2022 pricing on the window sticker, this does not apply.
The price protection amount varies depending on what you had on order on October 1st, 2021. IF YOU HAD A 4-DOOR OUTER BANKS ON ORDER FROM THE BEGINNING, AND THAT HAS NEVER CHANGED…. you are eligible for the following:
  • PGM#38406 - $250
  • PGM#38446 - $1250 - (Again, only applies if your Bronco has the new MY2022.5 pricing on the window sticker.)
Awesome. So that is how I understand it conceptually.

However, what I just posted (Post #7) above from PGM #38466 say you had to have made a change after Mar 11, 2022 text was highlighted in orange. Here is the quote "Eligible customer's Ford Bronco SUV must be reserved or on order as of March 19, 2021 and a change* made to the order after March 11, 2022 to qualify."

So what this PGM is saying (according to my dealer) is that you only qualify for MY22.5 PP if I made change in series or doors. If you didn't then you don't qualify. This is what my dealer is saying.

And this PGM goes on to say "If a customer did not make a change to their 22MY order after March 11, 2022, they will not be subject to the invoice price increase and dealers should utilize the existing Price Protection process." So what is that process that get me the additional $1250. because it does not appear to be this PGM?

Edit: Reread your post with a bit moreclarity. I was assigned a VIN 1/26/2022. But was not built until 4/4/2022. My window sticker jumped $1350 ($100 for D&D which I am not contesting) from last Preview Order date of 10/22/2021. So I think my VIN and build date maybe split the MY2022.5 price increase. Maybe that helps.

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome. So that is how I understand it conceptually.

However, what I just posted (Post #7) above from PGM #38466 say you had to have made a change after Mar 11, 2022 text was highlighted in orange. Here is the quote "Eligible customer's Ford Bronco SUV must be reserved or on order as of March 19, 2021 and a change* made to the order after March 11, 2022 to qualify."

So what this PGM is saying (according to my dealer) is that you only qualify for MY22.5 PP if I made change in series or doors. If you didn't then you don't qualify. This is what my dealer is saying.

And this PGM goes on to say "If a customer did not make a change to their 22MY order after March 11, 2022, they will not be subject to the invoice price increase and dealers should utilize the existing Price Protection process." So what is that process that get me the additional $1250. because it does not appear to be this PGM?
OHHHHHHHHHH… now I get what you were saying.

My bad, I am probably making this extremely confusing. I tend to avoid the nitty gritty of Ford’s internal systems because that tends to confuse the heck out of people. Especially since everyone’s situation is different and I usually don’t have the fully backstory on your specific order.

But since you are knee deep already…. here is what I suspect happened, and then you can tell me if I am correct or not.
  1. You originally reserved/ordered an 4-door Outer Banks before March 19th, 2021. At that point, the MSRP cost was MY2021 pricing.
  2. You got bumped to MY2022 and placed a new MY2022 order, probably sometime in October 2021. Your base MSRP cost was then the MY2022 pricing, and you became eligible for PGM#38406 and the $250 certificate.
  3. In March 2022... Ford did the mid-year price increases. Because you placed your MY2022 order before March 11th, 2022… your became eligible for standard retail price protection… which is $1250 for 4-door Outer Banks.
  4. You have not changed your order since then, and therefore you are still eligible for the retail price protection. Because you are still eligible for the retail price protection, you are not eligible for PGM#38446.
PGM#38446 only exists to cover you if you changed your order AFTER March 11th, therefore causing you to lose the standard retail price protection.

The net result of all of these programs is the same result… your cost will be $1500 less than the current Outer Banks pricing. But how you get to that $1500 discount depends on which path you took.

OP
OP
603BB

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OHHHHHHHHHH… now I get what you were saying.

My bad, I am probably making this extremely confusing. I tend to avoid the nitty gritty of Ford’s internal systems because that tends to confuse the heck out of people. Especially since everyone’s situation is different and I usually don’t have the fully backstory on your specific order.

But since you are knee deep already…. here is what I suspect happened, and then you can tell me if I am correct or not.
  1. You originally reserved/ordered an 4-door Outer Banks before March 19th, 2021. At that point, the MSRP cost was MY2021 pricing.
  2. You got bumped to MY2022 and placed a new MY2022 order, probably sometime in October 2021. Your base MSRP cost was then the MY2022 pricing, and you became eligible for PGM#38406 and the $250 certificate.
  3. In March 2022... Ford did the mid-year price increases. Because you placed your MY2022 order before March 11th, 2022… your became eligible for standard retail price protection… which is $1250 for 4-door Outer Banks.
  4. You have not changed your order since then, and therefore you are still eligible for the retail price protection. Because you are still eligible for the retail price protection, you are not eligible for PGM#38446.
PGM#38446 only exists to cover you if you changed your order AFTER March 11th, therefore causing you to lose the standard retail price protection.

The net result of all of these programs is the same result… your cost will be $1500 less than the current Outer Banks pricing. But how you get to that $1500 discount depends on which path you took.
You are correct.

Bolded text - So now how do I get the dealer (or help the dealer) to honor the additional $1250? And the path I took is exactly what you described. So help me here Yoda. I reserved in Jul 2020, ordered in Jul 2021 (though technically dealer submitted my order in Feb 2021 that I was unaware of – I have proof) and re-ordered in Oct 2021. VIN Jan 2022. Built May 2022

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are correct.

Bolded text - So now how do I get the dealer (or help the dealer) to honor the additional $1250? And the path I took is exactly what you described. So help me here Yoda. I reserved in Jul 2020, ordered in Jul 2021 (though technically dealer submitted my order in Feb 2021 that I was unaware of – I have proof) and re-ordered in Oct 2021. VIN Jan 2022. Built May 2022
The dealer should automatically take that off, it’s just the standard retail price protection Ford has.

On the dealer’s side of things… once they record the vehicle as sold in VINCENT, and it is verified that the vehicle was sold to the original order holder, the dealer will automatically get the reimbursement for the mid-year price increases back on their payment statement, usually about 30-60 days after the sale of the vehicle. There is no program number or anything like that to look up in VINCENT for retail price protection.

The dealer should know all of this stuff though, typically retail price protection is completely invisible from the customer’s perspective. I could see not everyone at the dealer being aware of it, but the lead sales managers and/or finance managers should absolutely be aware. If for some reason they don’t know about it… they probably need to talk to their regional dealer rep or someone at Ford to figure it all out.

OP
OP
603BB

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The dealer should automatically take that off, it’s just the standard retail price protection Ford has.

On the dealer’s side of things… once they record the vehicle as sold in VINCENT, and it is verified that the vehicle was sold to the original order holder, the dealer will automatically get the reimbursement for the mid-year price increases back on their payment statement, usually about 30-60 days after the sale of the vehicle. There is no program number or anything like that to look up in VINCENT for retail price protection.

The dealer should know all of this stuff though, typically retail price protection is completely invisible from the customer’s perspective. I could see not everyone at the dealer being aware of it, but the lead sales managers and/or finance managers should absolutely be aware. If for some reason they don’t know about it… they probably need to talk to their regional dealer rep or someone at Ford to figure it all out.
Thank for your assistance.

Yeah their info came from their regional dealer rep. They just talk about not recouping the money. And I say Ford says I have MY 2021 to 2022 PP according to FAQ. Guess we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank for your assistance.

Yeah their info came from their regional dealer rep. They just talk about not recouping the money. And I say Ford says I have MY 2021 to 2022 PP according to FAQ. Guess we'll see how it goes tomorrow.
No problem. Good luck tomorrow! And apologies for the confusion… I should stop making assumptions about people’s orders before I get the full picture. It’s already confusing enough as it is.

Also… I am fairly certain that Ford communicated most of this information to dealers back on March 3rd, 2022. So hopefully they can just go back and look at the dealer communications they’ve received from Ford in the past.

For those who come across this post in the future—I made some edits on my earlier posts that will hopefully avoid future confusion.

BroncoMax21

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@RagnarKon, think you could look at my scenario and see if my thinking is correct...?

Reserved an Outer Banks (4 Dr) in July 2020
Switched to Wildtrak (4 Dr) in Aug 2021

My dealer has been good throughout, and states I only qualify for $695. And I think I lost the large savings by switching late? I'm just not seeing the numbers clearly.

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@RagnarKon, think you could look at my scenario and see if my thinking is correct...?

My dealer has been good throughout, and states I only qualify for $695. I'm just not seeing where he's getting this based on what I'm reading here and from Ford
You would max out at $2,445.
  • MY2021 price protection program: $695
  • MY2022 retail price protection: $1750
Your situation is a lot like @603BB situation. The retail price protection should be automatic, there isn’t a specific program attached to it. The price protection program you will get a certificate for.

An easy way to check is just to build your order on Build & Price today. Your base price should be $2,445 less than the MSRP listed on Build & Price today.

Sponsored

BroncoMax21

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You would max out at $2,445.
  • MY2021 price protection program: $695
  • MY2022 retail price protection: $1750
Your situation is a lot like @603BB situation. The retail price protection should be automatic, there isn’t a specific program attached to it. The price protection program you will get a certificate for.

An easy way to check is just to build your order on Build & Price today. Your base price should be $2,445 less than the MSRP listed on Build & Price today.
Ok, so the switch doesn't impact this? (since it's before Oct 2021)?
Gonna need to come back to this with a clear head tomorrow

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, so the switch doesn't impact this? (since it's before Oct 2021)?
Gonna need to come back to this with a clear head tomorrow
Correct.
  • Your MY2021 -> MY2022 price protection is based on what you had on order as of October 1st, 2021. Which in your case would be the Wildtrak.
  • The MY2022 -> MY2022.5 price protection is based on what you had on order for MY2022. Which, again, for you is the Wildtrak.
So in your situation, switching from Outer Banks to Wildtrak didn’t impact you. You still get the same price protection for Wildtrak.

This situation doesn’t apply to you since you were Wildtrak both times, but it is possible to mix and match. Just as an example… lets pretend you had Outer Banks on order as of October 1st, 2021, and then you later switched to Wildtrak for MY2022. In that situation the price protection would be as follows:
  • MY2021: $250
  • MY2022: $1750
For a total of $2000.

OP
OP
603BB

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer has been good throughout, and states I only qualify for $695. And I think I lost the large savings by switching late? I'm just not seeing the numbers clearly.ep
Based on my understanding in FAQs, I would have thought you qualify for both. Good to see I am in step with RagNarKon.

Good luck to you as well. My battle of persuasion continues today.