EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently got the window sticker for my 2 Door and it has the tube doors listed on there for $1360. I have two questions, if anyone has any experience with this.

1) I had these on my order when ordering first opened in 2021 for $850. Does this item qualify for price protection? I couldn't find any information on the Ford website regarding this particular item.

2) If it turns out the doors do not qualify for price protection, and I decide I don't want to fork out $1360, do I have to buy them since they're on my window sticker? Or can I get out of it since they're considered a dealer installed option?
Sponsored

mtheawesomeone

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a good question. I had the modular bumper on my 21 reservation/build and when I had to reorder as a 22 it was optional with a $575+ adder.

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the Price Protection FAQs (link provided by F OR D, above):

Why are there price increases for the 2022 MY?
Prices change year-to-year to reflect market realities across all vehicle lines. For reservation holders and order holders as of March 19, 2021, we will price protect the 2021 MY MSRP pricing for a similarly equipped 2022 or 2023 MY Bronco.

Who qualifies for the Bronco Price Protection Program?
If you placed an order or reservation prior to March 19, 2021, you qualify for price protection. If you are not part of this program, make sure your order in the system is accurate, as changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, may result in increased vehicle prices. See below for more detail.

What qualifies as a series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system change?
An example of a series change would be going from Badlands™ to Big Bend™. An equipment package refers to base, mid, high, or lux package. A door change would mean going from a four-door to two-door and vice versa. A 4x4 system change means changing the standard 4x4 system to or from the advanced 4x4 system.

Will the 2022 MY Bronco two- and four-door offer AXZD Plan pricing?
Bronco will offer AZD (A = Employee, Z = Ford Retiree, D = Dealer) Plan pricing for all series excluding Bronco Raptor. X-Plan (X = Friends & Family) will NOT be offered on any Bronco two- or four-door models for the 2022 MY.

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the Price Protection FAQs (link provided by F OR D, above):

Why are there price increases for the 2022 MY?
Prices change year-to-year to reflect market realities across all vehicle lines. For reservation holders and order holders as of March 19, 2021, we will price protect the 2021 MY MSRP pricing for a similarly equipped 2022 or 2023 MY Bronco.

Who qualifies for the Bronco Price Protection Program?
If you placed an order or reservation prior to March 19, 2021, you qualify for price protection. If you are not part of this program, make sure your order in the system is accurate, as changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, may result in increased vehicle prices. See below for more detail.

What qualifies as a series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system change?
An example of a series change would be going from Badlands™ to Big Bend™. An equipment package refers to base, mid, high, or lux package. A door change would mean going from a four-door to two-door and vice versa. A 4x4 system change means changing the standard 4x4 system to or from the advanced 4x4 system.

Will the 2022 MY Bronco two- and four-door offer AXZD Plan pricing?
Bronco will offer AZD (A = Employee, Z = Ford Retiree, D = Dealer) Plan pricing for all series excluding Bronco Raptor. X-Plan (X = Friends & Family) will NOT be offered on any Bronco two- or four-door models for the 2022 MY.
TLDR: Ask your dealer, they apply for it when you take delivery.
Sponsored