First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 4 Door, Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Upon reinstalling the passenger side front axle shaft, I noticed when I pulled back on the shaft to make sure the inner clip set, the shaft comes right out. I took a flashlight to shine inside the housing and it looks as if the inner collar that connects the stub shaft to the outer axle, has slid back a bit. I believe there is a clip on the outer part of the stub shaft that locks into that collar. Is it possible that the collar got bumped back? If so, why would Ford design its that way.
Question:
Will I need to pull the FDU, separate the cast aluminum housing just to reset that collar??

08892216-E52D-401C-B27D-916ED4E47E3F.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
BRNC_4X

BRNC_4X

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 4 Door, Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got doing exactly that before I opened your message. I was able to slide the housing towards the passenger side after removing the four bolts. The problem now is that the house won’t come completely off, my thought is the inner bearing is preventing it from clearing. I only mention this as I have to be reapply RTV between the housings. Again, seems like a huge design flaw for ford.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got doing exactly that before I opened your message. I was able to slide the housing towards the passenger side after removing the four bolts. The problem now is that the house won’t come completely off, my thought is the inner bearing is preventing it from clearing. I only mention this as I have to be reapply RTV between the housings. Again, seems like a huge design flaw for ford.
I can check the workshop manual when I get home... Funny thing was I was reading this exact section this morning. I was a little miffed they didn't cover the specs/rebuild of the M190... It was pretty much throw it away and get a new one.

4XMORE

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did you use a fresh circlip when installing the shaft?
Sponsored