Sponsored

Problems with adding a Hard Top later...

dmalaquias

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Porsche Cayenne S, Audi Allroad
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Long time listener, first time caller. I just changed my wife's order due to this thread. Ideally, we'd want a white hardtop which we all know isn't orderable yet. We ordered just the soft top as a stop gap but changed to the MIC top due to the electrical/ plumbing not installed with soft top only orders. Thus adding to the already inflated cost of getting a top shipped after the fact. Question for the folks who have seen the MIC top up close, how easily to you think that could be painted? Given that the top will be removed/ reinstalled I'm wondering how durable a paint finish would be on the MIC top (it's hard to tell how rough the surface is).
Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Long time listener, first time caller. I just changed my wife's order due to this thread. Ideally, we'd want a white hardtop which we all know isn't orderable yet. We ordered just the soft top as a stop gap but changed to the MIC top due to the electrical/ plumbing not installed with soft top only orders. Thus adding to the already inflated cost of getting a top shipped after the fact. Question for the folks who have seen the MIC top up close, how easily to you think that could be painted? Given that the top will be removed/ reinstalled I'm wondering how durable a paint finish would be on the MIC top (it's hard to tell how rough the surface is).
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/painting-mic-top-will-material-hold-fillers-and-paint.12092/

There's others out there as well

dmalaquias

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Porsche Cayenne S, Audi Allroad
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Question for the folks who have seen the MIC top up close, how easily to you think that could be painted? Given that the top will be removed/ reinstalled I'm wondering how durable a paint finish would be on the MIC top (it's hard to tell how rough the surface is).
I'm sure many tops will be ruined in the coming months in a quest for the answer to that question. I say let the crazy people figure it out and take advantage of their expensive trials & errors once a solid solution has been found.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This seems to be a popular thing on Jeeps. The surface of the Jeep roof looks a lot smoother though. Someone should give this a try, since the roofs are free for many.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This seems to be a popular thing on Jeeps. The surface of the Jeep roof looks a lot smoother though. Someone should give this a try, since the roofs are free for many.
Not saying it won't work, but that's a top that's designed to be painted, I'm guessing results on the MIC top could be very different.
Sponsored