Sponsored

Problems with adding a Hard Top later...

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

seemed implied that dealers couldn’t do it.
That's a pretty big implication. I didn't take it that way at all. I'm expecting it to be a kit like on a Jeep but hopefully less of a PITA. Hopefully I'm right. It's all just a guessing game at this point.
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's a pretty big implication. I didn't take it that way at all. I'm expecting it to be a kit like on a Jeep but hopefully less of a PITA. Hopefully I'm right. It's all just a guessing game at this point.
Aftermarket will provide as well even if Ford doesn't.

Anything can be done.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

there really needs to either be a 'hard top' prep option or all need to be pre-plumbed/wired to support a hard top.

i'm not a fan of the MIC top, so would love to order the soft top and get the white MOD top when finally available.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know that's a long boring video, but...
With the way he looked, exhausted...
I hope someone whispers in Ford's ear about stuff on the internet staying there Forever. Sooner or later the barrel of rabid buyers will run dry & they're gonna have to actually SELL these Broncos

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dual top option seems like a good deal when compared to hard top now, add soft top later. The upcharge of $1100 for dual tops is a lot less than the $1999 that Bestop charges for a JL 4 door top. Am I missing something?
Looks correct !
I also saw this after market black top for Jeep $2320 + $250 shipping for comparison to current shadow black modular top @$1895.

Ford Bronco Problems with adding a Hard Top later... 007E942E-2AB0-45E4-9997-04CD2CD8BB90

Sponsored

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I want a soft top now and had planned to add a black or white hard top later, but the Esteban Q&A yesterday kind of crushed that. I realized that the hard top connections aren’t on a soft top vehicle, but he made it sound like that was permanent, and that they couldn’t be added later when a hard top was added. That’s a problem and makes me rethink things and getting a MIC now. It sucks if the wiper fluid and electric line can’t be easily added at a later time.
I had the same thought.
Ford should offer a reasonably priced option kit with directions for the pieces needed to add those items should someone choose to go hard top in the future. Connection points have to be there and should be made easy to get at and utilize if chosen, especially on a top switching designed vehicle.

You will probably have to go to the parts counter and have them search what is needed to add fluid line etc... and then start taking things apart to figure it out. First person on you tube to do it will save the rest of us.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had the same thought.
Ford should offer a reasonably priced option kit with directions for the pieces needed to add those items should someone choose to go hard top in the future. Connection points have to be there and should be made easy to get at and utilize if chosen, especially on a top switching designed vehicle.

You will probably have to go to the parts counter and have them search what is needed to add fluid line etc... and then start taking things apart to figure it out. First person on you tube to do it will save the rest of us.
Companies like Quadratech already do this kit for Jeep, somewhere around $180 all told IIRC.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hope someone whispers in Ford's ear about stuff on the internet staying there Forever. Sooner or later the barrel of rabid buyers will run dry & they're gonna have to actually SELL these Broncos
True. On the other hand, I give them credit for this first attempt at transparency. Other than the "we know you're all eager" and "your dream Bronco" marketing speak, the guy was really trying to be honest about some bad news, which is what Ford should have been doing from the get-go. Customers can accept bad news - they just don't like being lied to. Withholding information that customers need to make an informed decision is lying.

The delivery was painful though. Really, Ford needs a good social media team to show Ford how to deliver bad news sincerely and apologetically without sounding like it's the end of the world. And without being cryptic about it, like they are on Twitter. Just give it to us straight. We're adults.

So kudos to Esteban for getting some much-needed info out there, like this stuff about the roof. Welcome to marketing and brand management in the 21st century, Ford, where it's all about honesty.

nastyMAC

Badlands
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW gli
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want a soft top now and had planned to add a black or white hard top later, but the Esteban Q&A yesterday kind of crushed that. I realized that the hard top connections aren’t on a soft top vehicle, but he made it sound like that was permanent, and that they couldn’t be added later when a hard top was added. That’s a problem and makes me rethink things and getting a MIC now. It sucks if the wiper fluid and electric line can’t be easily added at a later time.
Watch the You Tube video on Hard top removal and you will see where the electric wiper line and washer line stowed

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I had the rear window washer on my old JKU hard top, never used it once the whole time I owned it. Do people really care about it that much?

Sponsored

Jv15

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did we ever see any confirmation about the sunrider working with the MIC top, or only modular? Or if that’ll be a factory accessory up front? That might be my route for the short term if so, I wouldn’t mind the MIC top with the sunrider until all the other stuff gets worked out.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks correct !
I also saw this after market black top for Jeep $2320 + $250 shipping for comparison to current shadow black modular top @$1895.

007E942E-2AB0-45E4-9997-04CD2CD8BB90.jpeg
And this top is only 2 pieces vs the 4 piece MIC or 6 piece modular. I'm quickly talking myself into the dual top option. What I'm on the fence about is whether the MIC or modular might provide enough open air experience that I won't really use the soft top? I had a gen 1 Bronco that I bought a soft top for. After I put it on, the hard top went into storage, never to be used again, until I sold the vehicle. Part of the reason was that taking that hardtop on and off was a real chore, but it truth, I never missed it. However, lift styles change. I see more utilility in the hard top now than I did back then. So many decisions. :)

Last edited:

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wanted to start soft and then go hard later but if the plumbing isn’t there, hard may not be possible, maybe just topless — I better stop, this is not sounding very good!

jcmhere

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep and 1975 vett
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I missed the video does anyone have a like to share?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I had the rear window washer on my old JKU hard top, never used it once the whole time I owned it. Do people really care about it that much?
Those north of Georgia do. Defrost and washer fluid/wiper are daily use items for me in the winter.
Sponsored