Sponsored

Problems with adding a Hard Top later...

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

there are no parts to store unless you want to take it completely off.
The 3 back windows need to be stored somewhere if you are going to fold it all the way down.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The dual top option seems like a good deal when compared to hard top now, add soft top later. The upcharge of $1100 for dual tops is a lot less than the $1999 that Bestop charges for a JL 4 door top. Am I missing something?
Nope. You nailed it.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So now I have to order the MIC for the connections, even though I wanted to go soft, then hard (wink). But I can't add the sound deadening to the MIC with a 2.7 on the BL because its too heavy/system is too dumb.

So a top that is not what I wanted for more money only to get the connections?
OR you try and estimate the $$$ for whatever the wiring harness is, the wiper and motor, the fluid reservoir, the tubing and then the labor to put it into the truck. Oh, and there MIGHT be extra switches and wiring at the front of the truck to deal with as well...

#JustSayin

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

but he made it sound like that was permanent, and that they couldn’t be added later when a hard top was added
I don't recall him saying anything like that. If you can remember roughly where that was said, I'd love to check it out. I'm not too interested in scrubbing though a 40-minute video. Again.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't recall him saying anything like that. If you can remember roughly where that was said, I'd love to check it out. I'm not too interested in scrubbing though a 40-minute video. Again.
start at about 31:25

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 3 back windows need to be stored somewhere if you are going to fold it all the way down.
This is true but they should take up very little room. I wonder if they can be rolled up and put in a tube?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is true but they should take up very little room. I wonder if they can be rolled up and put in a tube?
I was wondering similar. What got me a bit sideways is that, IIRC anyway, there is a rigid plastic tongue and groove thing on adjacent sides. That would screw up the rolling aspect a touch.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

...but it was so....RIVETING!

Sponsored

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks, I'll check it out

edit: OK, I watched that segment again and am still not hearing anything saying (or implying) that the electrical and plumbing can't be added later
I took it that they could not be added at the factory and the cost to order just the top from the dealer, with shipping, would be significantly higher than adding it to your build. Imagine how much more a dealer would charge to add switches, water lines and power.

From a cost standpoint, better to just order a MIC top even if you never plan on using it.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took it that they could not be added at the factory and the cost to order just the top from the dealer, with shipping, would be significantly higher than adding it to your build. Imagine how much more a dealer would charge to add switches, water lines and power.

From a cost standpoint, better to just order a MIC top even if you never plan on using it.
Yes, that was my takeaway as well

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was pissed about not being able to hook up a hard top after buying one with a soft top but after thinking it through I get it. Usually the controls are on the turn signal lever on the steering column and if you don't have a hard top it would look dumb to have the switches all there and not actually doing anything. My expedition has OFF/Medium/High and then a button for the wiper fluid. I thought it was just the harness and fluid hose but it is more complicated. I get it but I don't like it :p

OP
OP
Gamecock

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, I'll check it out

edit: OK, I watched that segment again and am still not hearing anything saying (or implying) that the electrical and plumbing can't be added later
Well, since he said directly that you could buy the hard top later from a dealer but wouldn’t have the rear wiper working, without anything mentioned about dealers being able to install it, it seemed implied that dealers couldn’t do it.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, since he said directly that you could buy the hard top later from a dealer but wouldn’t have the rear wiper working, without anything mentioned about dealers being able to install it, it seemed implied that dealers couldn’t do it.
With the way he looked, exhausted, I don't suppose that he would think about that. More of his boss told him to do it and he said "just enough".
Sponsored