Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The wife's '18 Mustang was one of the the first Ford's that came with the 10 speed. There were some minor problems. i.e. hard shifts, but nothing serious. These trans like all of the new ones have a learning curve, and that was the only thing that troubled her 10 spd. But, a trip to the dealer to have the tranny reprogrammed, and it's back in action. They can be harsh right out of the box, but give approx. 1K miles, and it will learn the way you drive. I just picked up my Ranger last Friday, and with a tick over 300 miles, while it's not up to par with the Mustangs, it should be fine when the learning session is over. Yes it has had one episode of jumping when coming to a stop, and it tends to be a bit unwilling to downshift at low speeds causing the engine to lug, but I can get that smoothed out by forcing it to downshift until it learns itself. There is none of that "hunting" for gears that everyone who doesn't own one insist there is. With the amount of 10 speeds that Ford has on the road now I think they have a winner.

BTW, It doesn't get any better than putting her 5.0L in sport mode, and letting that baby rip. It puts a tingle in your special place. :)
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Affected about 67,000 vehicles out of a million plus. It's not ideal but nothing I would worry about too much.

It's also good to see this stuff come up anyway. Ford has already sorted it and has a year to sort out any more issues.

Thanks! Warmed my fuzzy a bit. I'm still on the fence between 10A and 7M.
JJ, pick the manual because you want one, not because of this 2 years old news. I've really enjoyed the 10 spd in the wife's car, and expect my Ranger's 10 spd to smooth out nicely. If you go over to the Range5G forum you won't find any threads complaining about serious problems with the tranny.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like others have said, I wouldn't worry too much about this transmission. I drive my dad's 2018 F-150 from time to time and I absolutely love that truck. It has the 3.5L paired with it and I believe he has about 40,000 miles on it now with no issues. A good friend of ours has a 2019 with the 2.7L and 10 speed and he has no issues either. Both are great trucks and I expect the Bronco to perform very well regardless of engine/transmission choice.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a 19 f150 the A10 rocks and I use my truck as a truck

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
42k miles on my 10speed auto in the f150. Zero issues w/ the trans thus far. I tow with, wheel the crap out of it and drive it like its a c8 corvette (well except for sharp corners and twisties).

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member 13702

I appreciate all the feedback. Makes me feel better about considering the automatic.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds like you were in sport mode.
it should
That's where I'm at. I'm leaning on going the manual route as I wanted something more fun. Not thrilled that the manual is being built in China but what can you do. I'm a bit biased at the moment because my old Tundra just keeps trucking along without any issues, making me hesitate to get rid of it. Prior to it, I had an old 2005 explorer with a lot of transmission problems. It eventually needed a transmission replacement at 60000 miles. Just don't want to get burned again.
WAIT .... WHAT???!!! the manual is built in FKNG CHINA???!!! I thought the Bronco was a strictly DETROIT product!!!

Pie Grande

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (eventually)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because a mentioned the manual in my last attempt at posting about this, the thread was moved to a post on manuals, so I'll try again.

I recently test drove a 2019 Ranger with the 2.3L and Automatic transmission. The transmission downshifted while trying to stop and lunged the truck forward creating a temporary feeling of having no breaks. This seems like it would be unacceptable off road. I dug around a bit and found this article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.to...-2020-ford-ranger-regarding-transmissions/amp

Just looking for feedback on those of you with the 10 speed in either a ranger or an F150. Any issues, any problems off-roading, or longevity issues?
well for starters, i feel you, the moderator always moving our posts around, kind of undemocratic, but anyways,
i had a 2.3L with the 10 speed, and its one of the best transmissions IMO, not sure why it didnt feel like that to you :confused:

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Me to salesman,hey that was fun got anything with a stick lol.
Lighting strike me dead i have NEVER had an auto last the life of the truck! always properly maintained as well. If you know what your doing clutches brakes all last ,just me i reckon hate autos if you every take one apart you will wonder how long it will last too.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There were some minor problems. i.e. hard shifts, but nothing serious.
:ROFLMAO: I paid money to make the shifts harder in my '92 5.0!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member 13702

well for starters, i feel you, the moderator always moving our posts around, kind of undemocratic, but anyways,
i had a 2.3L with the 10 speed, and its one of the best transmissions IMO, not sure why it didnt feel like that to you :confused:
It felt ok till I went to stop, then right before I came to a stop it felt like it would pull forward at the last second. After hearing about everyone else's experience I think it might have been a one off. Still torn about the transmission, wanted the squatch package with the manual, but if I end up getting the automatic I am now less concerned about any issues. As a side note, the 2.3L was an impressive engine. What I originally wanted to test out.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Class action lawsuit was filed??!! JEEEEZ .... NOT GOOD.... NOT GOOD AT ALL
Eh, it feels like every other day there's a new class action lawsuit against Ford / GM / Kia / Toyota / Tesla / Delorean about a problem with their cars. It's one step above angry customers yelling "I'm gonna sue you" because there was oxygen mixed in with their nitrogen fill.

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a ‘18 5ltr 10spd auto in my F-150 and have never had an issue with it in 3 years.
Exactly the same here, but with a 3.5L twin turbo. Without a doubt the best auto tranny we've ever owned.

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For me the 2.7 motor will outlast the 4 cylinder motor and for that very reason I'm getting the 2.7 motor . My friend has it in a 2016 F150 and I'm impressed with it over my 5.4 single over head cam .
Sponsored