Sponsored

Production dates set yet no official Raptor HP power numbers announced?

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Raptor | '11 FLHX | '02 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I find it extremely strange that Ford has started to issue build dates for the BRaptor yet we STILL have no official power numbers on this vehicle?? 🤔

I'm starting to think this might be an indication of some problems Ford is having with the tweaks they are implementing on this 3.0 Ecoboost. :oops:
Sponsored

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hopefully the engine can run on regular too like the 3.5 in the f150 Raptor even though I will be filling up with premium 😑

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I find it extremely strange that Ford has started to issue build dates for the BRaptor yet we STILL have no official power numbers on this vehicle?? 🤔

I'm starting to think this might be an indication of some problems Ford is having with the tweaks they are implementing on this 3.0 Ecoboost. :oops:
That's so we can't change are minds when the numbers don't meet our expectations

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think Stellantis had something to do with this. They released that new 3.0l Hurricane engine with 510 hp and 500 ft lbs. Ford was probably short on their numbers so now they are trying to correct. This is just a wild guess.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If I recall the same thing occurred with the normal trims. Production dates were set prior to the horsepower numbers officially coming out.

Sponsored

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I find it nuts that official HP and Torque aren't out yet.

Hoping its atleast 430hp and 460ft-lb

OP
OP
Raptor Guy

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Raptor | '11 FLHX | '02 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well since they are going to start building them in a couple of weeks, we should know soon.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I doubt that. If Ford's still tuning/ tweaking HP & Torque numbers for the engine of of a truck that is already essentially in production (VIN 001 has technically already been delivered) I feel sorry for those buying a Raptor.
And the previous popular excuse for not posting HP and torque numbers was supposedly the Jeep wrangler 329's numbers. Ford's just dragging the feet for some unknown reason, maybe good new maybe bad.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I doubt that. If Ford's still tuning/ tweaking HP & Torque numbers for the engine of of a truck that is already essentially in production (VIN 001 has technically already been delivered) I feel sorry for those buying a Raptor.
How has VIN001 been delivered? They used a mannequin at Barrett and specifically said the winner of the auction would get to pick their production options.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

How has VIN001 been delivered? They used a mannequin at Barrett and specifically said the winner of the auction would get to pick their production options.
That's an official production vehicle.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That's an official production vehicle.
Every other media outlet that covered this stated that the winner would pick their options - so how is it that you KNOW that it was a production vehicle when production technically hasn't even started??

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

High Hp and 2.7 torque, my guess is 400hp and 450ftlbs. I don't think they will exceed the rest of the drive train and running 37s just ups the stress.

I don't think we are going to see huge numbers, I wouldn't be surprised if they power limit first few gears also.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The GEN2 Raptor was limited to power in 1st and 2nd gear due to the rear leaf sprung suspension to limit axle wrap.

No such limit was implemented on the GEN3 because the rear is a 5-link setup ... so in 1st and 2nd gear .. you can give it the beans and get all of it.

I don't think there will be any power limits in the warthog for the same reason.

High Hp and 2.7 torque, my guess is 400hp and 450ftlbs. I don't think they will exceed the rest of the drive train and running 37s just ups the stress.

I don't think we are going to see huge numbers, I wouldn't be surprised if they power limit first few gears also.
Sponsored

Last edited: