Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Range Rover Sport SC Autobiography
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's funny to me that the cynical attitudes of eveyone from the Jan 24 beginning posts continue through today, but tone has change to envy of those who can't get one. Yes, I'm a GT winner. Yes, I had no issues ordering. Yes, I have no ADM as I'm a day one reservation holder, Feb22 order holder. Yes, I'm a PCode10 build. Yes, I'm skeptical I will get one this summer. Yes, I'm excited as hell to get one. For $10k more than my Badlands build, I'll take it (60 vs 70k).
Sponsored

Last edited:

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's funny to me that the cynical attitudes of eveyone from the Jan 24 beginning posts continue through today, but tone has change to envy of those who can't get one. Yes, I'm a GT winner. Yes, I had no issues ordering. Yes, I have no ADM as I'm a day one reservation holder, Feb22 order holder. Yes, I'm a PCode10 build. Yes, I'm skeptical I will get one this summer. Yes, I'm excited as hell to get one. For $10k more than my Badlands build, I'll take it (60 vs 70k).
I just watched a YouTube video of a guy reviewing the Raptor and said it wasn’t worth it (to him). He said to start with a base Bronco Sport @ $30k and put $15-20k into it and have the same capability for $20k less. Lol

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Is there anything else I need to do to ensure my order is fully processed? I had an FE reservation that was switched to a raptor. Got the email from ford asking me to order. My dealer told me that the order is a Priority Code 10
Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 5.45.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 5.43.23 PM.png

Agreed upon price is all I see missing.

Thanks for posting here because you're helping confirm what I heard and that is that FE reservations are getting priority builds. My dealer already knows which Raptors are getting scheduled this week and both were originally FE reservations.

Drttrac

Raptor
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Range Rover Sport SC Autobiography
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just watched a YouTube video of a guy reviewing the Raptor and said it wasn’t worth it (to him). He said to start with a base Bronco Sport @ $30k and put $15-20k into it and have the same capability for $20k less. Lol
Sure, but for me me this is an 'everything from factory out of the box' option that I can drive day one, without it spending the next 6 months in a shop getting all the 'upgrades', but yet not everything. Plus I'm financing some of this, and not voiding the warranty on anything. I've done plenty of price comparisons for different builds and this is just the most convenient to me. And so easy to resell down the road. I like my vehicles to be unique, and limited. This checks those boxes.

mmr305

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Agreed upon price is all I see missing.

Thanks for posting here because you're helping confirm what I heard and that is that FE reservations are getting priority builds. My dealer already knows which Raptors are getting scheduled this week and both were originally FE reservations.
Is it supposed to show something different on Ford.com? IE not "Ordering..." bc I'm already Build Code 10? Or is that normal?

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Is it supposed to show something different on Ford.com? IE not "Ordering..." bc I'm already Build Code 10? Or is that normal?
How it looks now is normal

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There's always people that will say things like that. The 3.0 ecoboost is 9-10k by itself so there goes most of the "15-20k" lol.

LeBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
you cannot come close to the raptors price with upgrades to a lesser model. it would cost much more. ive done the math. could potentially get close if you did ALL the work yourself, but you are still losing warranty and months of time. The Fox 4.0 shocks alone are like $7500!!!!

Last edited:

BroncoMTB

Raptor
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Agreed. $20k into a base won’t get nearly the same vehicle or capabilities. The Hennessy Bronco package is near the same price and falls short… same with the 392 Jeep though it at least has more (useless) power…

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Agreed. $20k into a base won’t get nearly the same vehicle or capabilities. The Hennessy Bronco package is near the same price and falls short… same with the 392 Jeep though it at least has more (useless) power…
You can build a rock crawler from a different chassis for less.

You can build a pre runner from a different chassis for less.

You cannot build a rock crawler/pre runner with "Performance" interior for less.

Sponsored

BroncoMTB

Raptor
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You can build a rock crawler from a different chassis for less.

You can build a pre runner from a different chassis for less.

You cannot build a rock crawler/pre runner with "Performance" interior for less.
All so very true. One other factor is that the Bronco Raptor has all of these capabilities you noted from the factory and 100% under warranty. The other builds are at your own risk and involve one compromise or another. I feel much more confident driving my family any distance to participate in whatever activities we choose in the Bronco Raptor.

There are much better platforms for a purpose built machine which is where the Bronco Badlands or Wildtrak enter the market.

NJBronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado Bison
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
All so very true. One other factor is that the Bronco Raptor has all of these capabilities you noted from the factory and 100% under warranty. The other builds are at your own risk and involve one compromise or another. I feel much more confident driving my family any distance to participate in whatever activities we choose in the Bronco Raptor.

There are much better platforms for a purpose built machine which is where the Bronco Badlands or Wildtrak enter the market.
All true and let’s not forget about resale. The Raptor will depreciate a lot less than a Bronco that’s been built ‘like’ a Raptor, so actual costs of a Raptor are less.

Adrenalista

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
All true and let’s not forget about resale. The Raptor will depreciate a lot less than a Bronco that’s been built ‘like’ a Raptor, so actual costs of a Raptor are less.
The depreciation is the one thing that has me worried. I saw a chart for lease values… and the Braptor has the worst value retention of the Bronco trims. I’m just hoping it does better than my Jeep. That’s been a disappointment.

I bought my Jeep Wrangler at the end of 2019, with confidence in its historically strong resale value, and ironically had I bought practically any other vehicle I’d have been better off.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The depreciation is the one thing that has me worried. I saw a chart for lease values… and the Braptor has the worst value retention of the Bronco trims. I’m just hoping it does better than my Jeep. That’s been a disappointment.

I bought my Jeep Wrangler at the end of 2019, with confidence in its historically strong resale value, and ironically had I bought practically any other vehicle I’d have been better off.
Idk about that.
You check Carvana or Carmax on what they’d actually give you?
I’m not saying you don’t know what you’re talking about, I’m saying a three year old Jeep is probably selling for now what it would have two years ago.
that’s just the situation we’re in.

Adrenalista

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Idk about that.
You check Carvana or Carmax on what they’d actually give you?
I’m not saying you don’t know what you’re talking about, I’m saying a three year old Jeep is probably selling for now what it would have two years ago.
that’s just the situation we’re in.
I wish it was. Jeep is probably the one vehicle you want to BUY used rather than sell right now. The original projections for depreciation that posted in late 2018 for 2019 models are only 2-3% lower than what I’ve actually received for offers (Carvana & Carmax). And my Rubicon is clean. No negative history, no blemish clean car. 40k miles. The Jeep dealer said that used jeeps haven’t really adjusted much like other vehicles since Jeeps were always stronger in value historically.
Sponsored