Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The more I see about Bronco’s the less enthusiastic I am after waiting a year and a half. Gonna stsrt checking out the new Tacoma. May tell Ford to piss off.
Lol you must not know about the numerous actual paint issues with Toyotas... God forbid if you bought a white one like 5 years ago you were screwed. The paint flaked off of them like it wasn't even adhered. I loved my Tacomas ('96 and '17) but they all have their issues.
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
The complaints I see on here are funny . The bare metal is protected and the paint robot fixture has to grab the parts somewhere. They choose an area that will be hidden. Have you ever taken apart a door on any car ever made ? All individual panels will have some spot like this. The body is dipped then placed on a fixture to be painted in one piece but there will be points on it from where it was attached,lol.
You should see the comments on the Tesla owner's side... "If I get a nail in my tire, should I call Tesla..." It's like some people have never seen a car before...

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This gripe is almost as bad as the infamous, “ the turn signals are to loud” complaint.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cracks me up the people that think Toyota and Honda are so much better. Wife has a 2020 Tacoma. Know a lot of people with Hondas. No brand is perfect.

On the subject of paint, a few years back we got a new Subaru. The color I chose was more expensive so they didn’t paint the engine bay, left it in primer. Lots of complaints about that on the forums.

Looks like a clip dead center. Can see the tape on either side of it.
Don't let Ford's current issues let you think the grass is greener somewhere else
Toyota had excellent quality, UNTIL they became large. Now they have the same issues all the OEM's have. What Toyota did well was keep the quality issues quiet. Anyone remember all the truck frames they replaced dues to the frames rusting out? Toyota went thru the massive recall to the tune of roughly 3.5 Billion, but you find very little official Toyota info on the internet. However that did not stop folks from posting their thoughts lol

Ford Bronco Quality is Job 1 🤣 1701452668103

Ford Bronco Quality is Job 1 🤣 1701452726848

Ford Bronco Quality is Job 1 🤣 1701452820595

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't let Ford's current issues let you think the grass is greener somewhere else
Toyota had excellent quality, UNTIL they became large. Now they have the same issues all the OEM's have. What Toyota did well was keep the quality issues quiet. Anyone remember all the truck frames they replaced dues to the frames rusting out? Toyota went thru the massive recall to the tune of roughly 3.5 Billion, but you find very little official Toyota info on the internet. However that did not stop folks from posting their thoughts lol

Don't know what you're talking about. That's the best breakover angle of any modern truck.

Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My new Bronco is covered in mud and scratches, from off Roading… That hidden missed paint isn’t going to effect what a great vehicle this is off road.. My sister bought a 190,000 dollar Electric Karma vehicle, same issues with paint under the carpet.. I checked… No mattter the vehicle or price, they ALL have these hidden paint issues…

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Enjoy your 🌮
I can’t understand so may optional choices are Tacoma’s. Toyota’s are some of the most durable out there…but man they are boring. The new Tacoma I just drove as a rental was severely underpowered and no soul.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford should be embarrassed to have this sticker on the windshield!

Ford Bronco Quality is Job 1 🤣 IMG_1386

Conversely, these folks are proud of their work and it shows…and I agree!

Ford Bronco Quality is Job 1 🤣 IMG_1385

• Haha
Reactions: jon

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you!
I despise Toyota mostly because their reliability myth has far outgrown reality.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can’t understand so may optional choices are Tacoma’s. Toyota’s are some of the most durable out there…but man they are boring. The new Tacoma I just drove as a rental was severely underpowered and no soul.
This is the only reason to opt for a Tacoma. But it is a reason that justifies buying used. For new money, the Tacoma isn't in consideration for me. But if I'm looking for a runaround shitbox, there are plenty of Tacomas that fit the bill and you know they'll keep running.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The paint quality is horrendous on these things. They scratch so easily. If I knew it from the start I might have taken it somewhere and have them add clear coat. Not sure if that is feasible. My wife had a mid 2000 Volvo built in Sweden, Best paint I ever saw from a factory. The clear was very heavy.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the main reasons why new car paint is thin and brittle is due to environmental regulations. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has set strict guidelines on the amount of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that can be used in automotive paint. This has forced manufacturers to reduce the amount of solvent in their paint formulas, which has resulted in thinner and more brittle coatings. (www.reviveddetailing.com)

If you're unhappy about the paint thickness due to Cafe Standards and all the other safety nannies being mandated by government - because people can't put their phones down - Vote!

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Someone has never seen a car taken apart before lol. BTW, your house doesn’t have paint where you can’t see 😱 lol

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford should be embarrassed to have this sticker on the windshield!

Conversely, these folks are proud of their work and it shows…and I agree!

I also noticed that the application of the sticker was crooked and applied with very poor quality!
Sponsored