Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Properttionally my new 2 door feels a lot like my long gone SIIA 88, but with power and heaters and a stereo.
Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the defender. It's $20k more tho for roughly equivalent size/features. Then again there are dealers still marking up Broncos that much.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I also like the Defender 110, but the Bronco is a better value. Despite Ford's quality problems, Land Rover is notorious for problems of its own.

OP
OP
Montducati

Montducati

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-350, 2020 BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
To end the debate I went with a Braptor which the Defender is no competition for ;)

woof

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW X5, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco all the way! I can't pretend to be able to afford a properly equipped Defender and I love my convertible top.

My mall crawler is a BMW X5, which would be my choice over the Defender as well, still at a lower price point when comparing features...

Sponsored

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Considered it for a sec. Then thought I would never take it off road and the top does not come off.
Kinda where I was. I really really like the new Defender but felt Iā€™d be more apprehensive to take it out and that it would be more expensive to customize. Removable top was definitely a bonus on the Bronco.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe if it were available with a soft top and stick

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It depends if you really want to get there,British autos <donkey

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you are in an area where 4WD is the real deal - neither. Those individuals who can afford to drive anything that they want (mine owners, drug lords, human traffickers) drive diesel Land Cruisers.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2D BaseSquatch, 1967 Bronco, 2016 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My son has a 2 door Defender and I have a 2 door bronco. They are completely different. The defender is much more comfortable and refined. It is massively better on the highway and around town. Itā€™s fine on dirt roads and with some mods it does ok basic trails but I wouldnā€™t take it too far off the grid. If your use case is really 99% daily driver then the defender is much much better.

I have owned 4 Land/Range Rovers now and really the biggest issue with them is the dealership network. God help you if you need to take it in for anything at all. Here in LA it can be 3 months to get a service appointment... yes you read that right. My wifeā€™s registration isnā€™t renewed because Iā€™m waiting on an appointment for an emissions recall.

Sponsored

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
My son has a 2 door Defender and I have a 2 door bronco. They are completely different. The defender is much more comfortable and refined. It is massively better on the highway and around town. Itā€™s fine on dirt roads and with some mods it does ok basic trails but I wouldnā€™t take it too far off the grid. If your use case is really 99% daily driver then the defender is much much better.

I have owned 4 Land/Range Rovers now and really the biggest issue with them is the dealership network. God help you if you need to take it in for anything at all. Here in LA it can be 3 months to get a service appointment... yes you read that right. My wifeā€™s registration isnā€™t renewed because Iā€™m waiting on an appointment for an emissions recall.
This is why Iā€™m places like EurAsia, Land Rovers are strictly status vehicles for use in town. Mongolia, for example, only has a few hundred miles of pavement in the entire country. Land Rovers donā€™t venture far from that pavement.

Last edited:

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Considered it for a hot second. But I want to take the top and doors off...

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would as a replacement to my sadly dead Expedition EL. But I think pricing sucks. However, I find a $90g mid-range Land Rover optioned out fairly nicely more "understandable" than an $85g mid-range nearly maxed out on options Expy Max. No way I would pay any where near that for either of them.

Ford Bronco Quick Survey - Bronco or Defender? Capture.JPG

Ford Bronco Quick Survey - Bronco or Defender? Capture2.JPG

But as others have said, a like for like comparison between a Bronco and Discover 110 was a non starter because of the roof. I did consider one but assumed, perhaps completely wrongly, the Bronco would be the more reliable of the two. And pricing wasn't really aligning.
Sponsored