Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is very similar to my view (less owning an lr3).

IIRC the Bronco and Defender buzz started around the same time, and I was intrigued by both. We were looking for a "jeep" type vehicle - looking at everything from restored classics, NAS defenders, new jeeps, etc. Really just something to enjoy with our toddler boys. I was disappointed by the new defender, and jumped on the bronco.
When the Bronco was officially released, I said something to the effect of "look Ford built the better defender" on one of the LR forums I belonged to and got more agreement than disagreement.
At the time the LR faithfull told us that given all the regulations, market forces, etc, that it just was not possible for LR to build the new Defnder like the old one. And then the Grenadier happened and blew that out of the water.
Sponsored

Davespeed

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's my friends D90. It has the air suspension option and is in comfort modem in the pic. It does go higher but like the Bronco. My Bronco has the RPG perch lift.

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love a Defender, but it ain't a Bronco. It'a tame, broken, ride a pony at a birthday vehicle.

It's refined, and pedigreed, and guys name Biff buy 'em.

You drive it to the Whole Foods to get your conflict free toilet paper.

Of course your results my vary.
Biff.......James Biff

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I get it, this is a Bronco forum so the responses will be bias. That being said, just wondering how many have considered the Defender and what your thoughts are comparing it to the Bronco.
Let the games begin!
ugh. So silly.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wasn't even on the radar. Would never consider one.

Sponsored

Limpetman

Everglades
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I get it, this is a Bronco forum so the responses will be bias. That being said, just wondering how many have considered the Defender and what your thoughts are comparing it to the Bronco.
Let the games begin!
I absolutely loved the original Land Rover Defender...had many happy hours behind the wheel but then I found that Land Rover focused more on the mid to high end luxury cross-over market and lost its way...left its roots behind. I'd certainly not be keen to take any of their modern defenders on a serious offroad trek...and the Bronco is actually a very similar experience to the good old defenders which is one of the many things I like about it.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My best friend was a RR fan until he bought one and realized he had to always have a 2nd vehicle available because something was always breaking down with either his Defender or Disco.

I know Ford's reliability isn't exactly stellar, but just based on my buddy's experiences, I would never buy ANY Range Rover model.

JD8

Wildtrak
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Let the games begin!
If they made a removable top like back in the days, it would have been a serious debate!

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Removeable top and doors - Bronco
Vast accessorizing and customization - Bronco
Where do you go to off road? Maintenance and support. You can get a Ford, Jeep, GM serviced or repaired most anywhere. RR, BMW, Porche - Good luck

Sponsored

RCVBAF

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2005 Ranger FX4, & 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think they're targeted at the same demographics.

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My best friend was a RR fan until he bought one and realized he had to always have a 2nd vehicle available because something was always breaking down with either his Defender or Disco.

I know Ford's reliability isn't exactly stellar, but just based on my buddy's experiences, I would never buy ANY Range Rover model.
Ok, I have to completely disagree. This is not a common issue. I have owned a full size RR, 3 LR4's, 2 Disco Sports, and now a new 110 for over 2 years. They are definitely reliable. I love my Broncos but you cannot compare the interior quality between the two. Not even close.

100% agree the Bronco is the one I would take crawling or overloading but that's not what I own a LR. They are wonderful everyday drivers that can handle any weather.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, I have to completely disagree. This is not a common issue. I have owned a full size RR, 3 LR4's, 2 Disco Sports, and now a new 110 for over 2 years. They are definitely reliable. I love my Broncos but you cannot compare the interior quality between the two. Not even close.

100% agree the Bronco is the one I would take crawling or overloading but that's not what I own a LR. They are wonderful everyday drivers that can handle any weather.
The guys owned 7 LR's and if he were to go overlanding he'd take a Bronco........... That post says it all, might as well close the thread.
Sponsored