First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stoppppp, lol. Just Bc I can afford an ADM doesn’t mean I’ll do it. “Affording it”. And having “F you money” is two different things…..and I personally don’t have the latter. BUT, being a GT holder and getting one at msrp…….you best believe I’ll be taking it. Lol. Bc it is HANDS DOWN the best bronco. Now I understand a “use case” scenario. BUT from your original post, it’s not just the fact that it’s “too wide”, Anyone can clearly see that there was a tinge of u hating on your post. Lol. And btw, the fact that only the track is wider……is less of an issue on these trails you speak of. Body is virtually the same. Tires and flares would get the worst of it. And btw, Ford isn’t the only one calling it the “best”. It’s anyone that has driven it. To quote motortrend “it’s ten times better than a regular bronco”. That’s including a Sasquatch…..which btw my wife has (and I love it). But the fact remains, this raptor has ppl twisted up…..whether its the jeepsters, or ppl that thought they were buying the “best” bronco over this last year or two. And you certainly seem like the latter.
You are clearly a moron. Putting you on ignore.
Sponsored

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Virgin MSRP defender

The Chad Market-value fan

Seriously I wonder how many people would simultaneously insist (1) that MSRP is the only price worth paying, and (2) that they would not sell their own Bronco for $5k profit.

Don’t you see the inconsistency of holding both these positions?

Eddienass

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can't order any Ford Performance or old SVT variant vehicle unless the dealer had/has the ability to, that is what causes these vehicle prices to what they usually are. Now the Braptor seems to be pushing the crazy button, but if you look at others, the current 22 GT500 Mustang Heritage is floating around 125k if you can find one and those MSRP just over 100k. Also regular 22 GT500s are hovering closer to 100k and those are 80k without CFTP. You can go back to the dawn of time like the 1995 Mustang Cobra R. 107 of them and at the time they were 80k if you had the creds. Now maybe 5000 a year isnt that rare, but they are still special order vehicles to begin with. Oh and I am keeping my 200k Bronco :p
You sir, are a logical, well read gentleman. Lol. Nice to see.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What a misguided/child like comment. Try again. To most ppl, a 50% markup is significant money…….and receiving that type of MONEY is more important than having the best of something like this. Remember the market this thing is catering to…….It’s not an exotic car that say costs 250k, and can flip it for say 400k. By in large, these were regular reservation holders, in most cases looking to buy a 40-50 bronco! that just happened to win this golden ticket lotto. Comprendo??? Not too hard to understand.
I see what your saying. Guess I just have a different mentality. I’ve never purchased something hoping to resell it for a profit. Like my zr1. Has 800 miles on it, all track miles. Paid 125k. Almost worth 300k if I sent it to auction. That car will never get sold. It’s perfect for what it is. Then the c8 was number 35 off the line, that not getting sold, ct6 v and z06 won’t be sold unless a better replacement comes out for those. But that just me.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Virgin MSRP defender

The Chad Market-value fan

Seriously I wonder how many people would simultaneously insist (1) that MSRP is the only price worth paying, and (2) that they would not sell their own Bronco for $5k profit.

Don’t you see the inconsistency of holding both these positions?
I would lump in the people who essentially value their time at $0. Think of all of the “under invoice” guys who are prepared for a multi-year wait as #400 on one of the big 3 B6G dealer lists. No different than guys paying ADM, just the opposite extreme.

Sponsored

Riverat

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would lump in the people who essentially value their time at $0. Think of all of the “under invoice” guys who are prepared for a multi-year wait as #400 on one of the big 3 B6G dealer lists. No different than guys paying ADM, just the opposite extreme.
I think most of those guys placed their orders assuming that Ford was gonna build them in order of reservation and not thru dealer allocation. I think most felt stuck once the allocation plan was revealed. Granted they could have moved to a new dealer with a new reservation and I am sure many did.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had a #700 order, it was a secondary backup plan, I nuked it after the rules changed, was never gonna get to scheduled. My current one which was my original res, was #42 in 2020. I may have my Braptor by the end of the year, that pretty much is a ridiculous wait time, but it is what it is. My next move would of been a walk in or just find something on the open market.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep—That’s exactly right.

By being unwilling to sell at $5-10k profit (you don’t think it’s worth waiting 1-2 years to replace), you’re valuing your time.

By not understanding why someone would pay a $5-10k premium, you’re not acknowledging that other people also value their time.

And waiting 2 years in line at Granger, you’re saying now that the time-value of owning a Bronco (or some desirable alternative) is basically zero.

Eddienass

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I see what your saying. Guess I just have a different mentality. I’ve never purchased something hoping to resell it for a profit. Like my zr1. Has 800 miles on it, all track miles. Paid 125k. Almost worth 300k if I sent it to auction. That car will never get sold. It’s perfect for what it is. Then the c8 was number 35 off the line, that not getting sold, ct6 v and z06 won’t be sold unless a better replacement comes out for those. But that just me.
Exactly! You knew what you wanted, and were fortunate/resourceful enough to get it. A lot of these ppl getting these raptors basically fell into it. Had no intention of getting something that high end or capable…..and all they see is dollar signs now. I can only speak for myself, I’m definitely looking to keep mine……certainly not the case with many others. See ppl love to blame dealerships solely, but it’s like the chicken and the egg. These flippers are equally to blame. Capitalism at its finest/worst. Lol.

Eddienass

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And btw, your stable is worth keeping. Some of the last of a dying breed.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And btw, your stable is worth keeping. Some of the last of a dying breed.
Yes, been building it up with fun stuff with the electric change over coming. Bronco to be included.

Eddienass

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol. Right?! I certainly don’t post in forums of vehicles that I have no interest in. Makes them feel better I guess…..complaining about the fenders or whatever else.

onthelookout

Raptor
First Name
C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Life is short - buy what you want and enjoy it. The Raptor market has seen ADMs since the beginning. All of the Raptors are in demand, and although not technically limited editions, supply is limited and people are willing to pay more for various reasons (is it time and not sitting years on a waiting list to potentially get at MSRP, is the value proposition there for them where they believe it is worth more than sticker, etc.). I don't foresee this changing any time soon, even if people are flipping to make a quick return as they see what the market prices currently are.

There certainly is a lot of negative reaction to the Braptor on here. If you don't like the fenders or are judging it solely based on pictures and not seeing one in person or driving it, that's your opinion. We are all entitled to those, and maybe it doesn't fit your needs. But I can say my initial impressions are the Braptor is a significant improvement to what I experienced in my Badlands SAS, and I look forward to more time behind the wheel.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They will, I doubt it even takes a few months for them to be 95-100k. It’s a luxury buy that most aren’t taking on since it’s a box on wheels that gets bad gas mileage. I love them minus the fender flares
Already there. I sold the one I ordered for $120k as soon as it hit my driveway but two dealerships have already called to offer me one locally at $97k and another at $102k. Declined both. Didn’t like the options and I’m sure I’ll be able to get my personal one cheaper by waiting.
Sponsored