Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am considering installing a half rack to my four door with the side panels.

Any thoughts or experience on which you like better? Would appreciate the insight.

TrailRax?
https://www.trailrax.com/collection...ck-for-the-ford-bronco?variant=43149378683047

RCI?
https://rcimetalworks.com/product/4-door-half-length-roof-rack-21-present-bronco/

below are a couple of photos of my current build:

IMG_5195.jpeg
IMG_5196.jpeg
Happy to answer any questions you may have about our products! Feel free to give us a call, respond on this thread, or PM us. We can run you through our design and why we did certain things we did and talk about our patented pak rax that you can add onto your roof rack.
Sponsored

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t have a rack on my Bronco, so I have no experience with either of these.

In case you haven’t read through the long RCI thread, there has been recent discussion about roof sag potentially due to the RCI rack. Starts on post #185 on page 13 (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/rci-modular-roof-rack-now-available.55098/post-1968703). Looks like folks are starting to receive some type of bracket from RCI.

I think there might be a similar issue with the JCR rack. I haven’t read about it with the Trailrax rack.

Anyways, probably some good information to consider.
We have not experienced any customer with these issues and we truly believe it is because we work with OEM files allowing us to get a perfect fit. From research and discussion with our engineers here, said other brand racks pinch the hardtop in a weird way that puts stress on the center of the hardtops making them concave down or convex up creating an unsealed hardtop and rattle noise. We would guess it is something regarding the multi-piece design of each rack, we tested this back in our first prototype stages and we broke them several times and had issues with the hardtop working with the rack in multiple pieces for a side panel vs one piece.

At anytime, feel free to reach out to us and we can discuss the testing and stats we have behind our product from the better of 2 years with the bronco platform.

Stinger06

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am considering installing a half rack to my four door with the side panels.

Any thoughts or experience on which you like better? Would appreciate the insight.

TrailRax?
https://www.trailrax.com/collection...ck-for-the-ford-bronco?variant=43149378683047

RCI?
https://rcimetalworks.com/product/4-door-half-length-roof-rack-21-present-bronco/

below are a couple of photos of my current build:

IMG_5195.jpeg
IMG_5196.jpeg
Just installed a hooke road and it’s built really well. Easy installation. Fits like a glove. The price allowed me to spend money on other upgrades.

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For what it's worth, I had an RCI rack for about 7 months and had pretty severe issues with my roof. It caused the rear panel to sag and contact the horizontal roll bar which rubbed some paint off and made some crazy noises. I recently removed the RCI rack and plan to buy a TrailRax if they do a labor day sale. I love the look of the RCI rack and the front fairing, but I feel like the TrailRax is the better option for the long run.

(RCI has addressed these problems and shipped out a supporting brace that now keeps the latch off the roll bar, however, this is accomplished by the support brace resting on the roll bar)
If RCI rack causes hard top sag, the others must also. They all attach the same way.

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If RCI rack causes hard top sag, the others must also. They all attach the same way.
Aside from the support from the pak rax on the Trailrax, the difference would be subtle variances in their geometry. If the RCI one was just a bit narrower, that might cause the roof to be pinched awkwardly and lead to the sag. I have no idea what’s for sure causing that issue with those racks, I just know it’s never been reported with the Trailrax.

Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For me, if I end up with a rack, will be the half rack by trailrax. I use their side packs currently on my jeep and if garage space allows, will get it for the bronco solely because of the "pak rax" that you can order with.

Some use it for fuel and other tools, I use it to mount milwaukee packouts as the interior tends to get pretty loaded up. Apologies for the jeep pics/reference on a bronco forum 😂

Ford Bronco RCI vs TrailRax any thoughts? FB_IMG_1684896010987

Ford Bronco RCI vs TrailRax any thoughts? FB_IMG_1695217663730

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the @RCI Offroad rack and I prefer it mainly because of the straight front fairing and the ease of connecting attachments on their rails. Here are some good angles of it:

Ford Bronco RCI vs TrailRax any thoughts? IMG_20230813_185457_821

Ford Bronco RCI vs TrailRax any thoughts? 20230812_132539
Ford Bronco RCI vs TrailRax any thoughts? 20230705_115447

Ford Bronco RCI vs TrailRax any thoughts? IMG_20230311_193534_458

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the @RCI Offroad rack and I prefer it mainly because of the straight front fairing and the ease of connecting attachments on their rails. Here are some good angles of it:

Wow that looks great and your pics totally sold me on getting the half first and then upgrading to the full later on. Nice!
Sponsored