Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't see any discussion on this so apologies if it's been covered.
We have a new '24 2DR Big Bend non Sas. No plans for lifts or larger tires. No towing. We have a truck for that. There will be times when the back is packed with camping gear or bags of garden soil but given the limited room the weight won't be excessive.
Having said all that, what are everyone's knowledgeable opinions on installing an anti roll bar? Given the short wheelbase and fairly light 2.3l motor the understeer isn't too bad but I'd like to take a little out. Might only need stock bar if there is one.
Thanks
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
You already have one. Ford calls it a "sport bar" Does the same thing, but it relieves them of liability if it should fail...

OP
OP

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You already have one. Ford calls it a "sport bar" Does the same thing, but it relieves them of liability if it should fail...
Not on mine. The anti roll bar mount points are quite empty. I've read the install instructions. Thanks for the feedback though. Much appreciated.

DawgFish

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 2 Door SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read this one this past week and ordered one from Hellwig. Looks like your choices are OEM, Belltech, and Hellwig. They all are a little different. I went with Hellwig because it uses OEM mounting points and is tucked up behind the differential. Early versions assume you have OEM hardware. The newer version looks to be a complete kit.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/rear-sway-bar.53649/

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't see any discussion on this so apologies if it's been covered.
We have a new '24 2DR Big Bend non Sas. No plans for lifts or larger tires. No towing. We have a truck for that. There will be times when the back is packed with camping gear or bags of garden soil but given the limited room the weight won't be excessive.
Having said all that, what are everyone's knowledgeable opinions on installing an anti roll bar? Given the short wheelbase and fairly light 2.3l motor the understeer isn't too bad but I'd like to take a little out. Might only need stock bar if there is one.
Thanks
I recommend the factory bar, I recently installed one on my 2 door. The parts are down to about $350 shipped from ford. Not very hard to install, but definitely need to raise the Bronco and lower the axle to snake the bar around everything.

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah no clue what you're talking about.
Definitely no rear bar on a lot of Bronco's.

mj63

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2 door I4 Big Bend non-sasquatch here as well; the OEM rear bar really makes the bronco feel a lot more neutral without feeling like the rear is going to slide, and (this surprised me) making the feeling of brake dive on initial brake application much less. It has been a meaningful upgrade in my book.

OP
OP

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I read this one this past week and ordered one from Hellwig. Looks like your choices are OEM, Belltech, and Hellwig. They all are a little different. I went with Hellwig because it uses OEM mounting points and is tucked up behind the differential. Early versions assume you have OEM hardware. The newer version looks to be a complete kit.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/rear-sway-bar.53649/
Thanks. running Hellwig bar on my Ram. Been very happy with it. Definitely on my list of vendors. Thanks for the feedback

Sponsored
OP
OP

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you have a 4 door, it's where the bottle opener is...

Got it. (y) Roll bar vs anti roll bar aka sway bar to many. Cool tip. Have to look for this on my 2Dr

OP
OP

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2 door I4 Big Bend non-sasquatch here as well; the OEM rear bar really makes the bronco feel a lot more neutral without feeling like the rear is going to slide, and (this surprised me) making the feeling of brake dive on initial brake application much less. It has been a meaningful upgrade in my book.
Excellent info. Thank you. This definitely nudged me in to the "will do" bracket. Articulation will never be an envelope I go to the edge of. The OEM setup might save me a few $ which I can always use elsewhere.

ToddLabbq

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I too recently installed the Hellwig and it definitely made a nice improvement on mine. It took a lot of the body roll out of it especially on some of the long curve on/off ramps on the interstate. I started on the middle hole but moved it too the stiffer hole for a bit more anti sway. Very easy to install also.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond