First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They may not be legal to use "on" road, and therefore you may not want them to come on with the reverse lights.

I imagine you will be moving at under 10 mph, so distance isn't a thing. You just need something bright enough to see 25 - 35 feet behind you. I'd choose a single Hella Valufit S1500. It's a little pricey at almost $40.00, but Hella makes very good quality lights.

ETA: https://www.amazon.com/HELLA-357106002-ValueFit-Square-Worklight/dp/B01D47ZPBY

Also, you could mount it to your boat trailer and have it wired to the reverse light.
thanks, appreciate all the good suggestions, now just gotta measure a roof rack to see how much clearance i have, or at least SEE a bronco before i buy the light.
Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks great.

I have a stupid question, so here goes:
I've had roof mounted lightbars but how does one mount a smaller lightbar to something like a steel BL or BD bumper? Do we need to wait for a company to come out with mounting hardware that lines up with the bumper screws/mounting points? I can't see myself drilling through a steel bumper.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They make "clamps" that clamps to a metal edge and has a hole for the light mount.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You don't use reverse? I almost always back out of parking spaces, driveways. When I parallel park, it's almost always in reverse. Those are some of the times I use reverse "on" road.
LEOs have no enforcement in parking lights.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get it man, you dont use reverse, cool.

I don't just park, or use reverse, in parking lots.

I think you should probably get some really cool lights, made by Rigid, and wire them to your reverse lights.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen designs for Jeeps that integrate something like this into the bumper.

If you decide to put them on the top, I'd suggest integrating some sort of quick disconnect into the wiring so you still have the option of removing your top.

Slater

Badlands
First Name
Just Slater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soul crushing Camry now cancled out by Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Baja Designs has this kit for the Bronco Sport... wondering if they'll offer something similar for the Bronco? Not sure if this is mounted too low for your requirements.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Ford-Bronco-Sport-Reverse-Kits.asp

I mentioned this on another thread but it looks like Baja Designs getting ready to release some products for the Bronco (if you search on their website for "bronco" you'll get a product page for an upcoming kit. No prices listed yet). I think @ZackDanger mentioned the Baja Designs team is on this forum. I might see if they can share any news on upcoming products.

Howdy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Trucks
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I plan on mounting something like these in the bumper and connecting to one of the 6 switchs.

https://www.blackoakled.com/products/new-flush-mount-pod-light-20w-or-40w-cree-xm-l2-flood-or-diffused?
It will work well. You will need to take the six screws off the front and remove the faceplate and then reattach as you install the light inside the bumper. The wire harness comes out of the bottom, making a tilt-in installation difficult without making a cut-out for the harness as well.

Reactions: KAQ