First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OFFER yes. Do thier dealers choose to stock those units? Not if they can avoid it. Its simply an additional burden to sell, whereas, the manual trans enthusiast will search high and low to find what he's looking for. I would suspect the vast majority of manual sales are from customer orders, not, stock units.
Sponsored

nyhcinaz

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
hence the "we're listening" answer instead of just "nope" if they find there is enough demand I'm sure they will they can source the same transmission rated at 550 already but they wanted to come in at a certain price point.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is true, most folks don't have the patience to wait 2+ months for their custom build and many manufacturers won't even entertain custom builds

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hence the "we're listening" answer instead of just "nope" if they find there is enough demand I'm sure they will they can source the same transmission rated at 550 already but they wanted to come in at a certain price point.
I believe the "we're listening" comment was in response to 2.3/7mt/sasquautch combo. The response to 2.7/7mt was a flat no. Can't find the thread now, but it was a Ford Q&A.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not going to buy a Subaru. One jeep dealer near me has a manual rubicon tho...and its a 2dr no less. They are a real small dealer I've dealt with before. I'm kinda tempted to go talk to them and find out how they got stuck w/it. Beauty is these internet searches really help the salesman out...chances are the person that buys it was looking all over for that exact combo!

Sponsored

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Badlands with the MT has a 4.70 with 33-inch tires, while the other trims all have 4.46 with up to 32-inch tires.

You're trying to tell us the MT with 4.70 final drive ratio won't have appropriate gear ratios for 35s? Because the "deeper gears in the manual"? That makes no sense.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as I'm concerned thats Bronco's competition...period end of story, forget the rest. They still sell a "fair" amount of manuals, thus we NEED a manual Bronco to compete...thus Badlands trim w/2:3/7mt. Thankfully Ford read this market correctly. I still see NO reason not to equip that package w/35s...thats ALL thats missing, just the rubber!

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have no inside info as to the real reason mt isn't offered w/2.7, but my opinion is that it is not a durability issue. It's obviously a more complicated problem. Making a beefier manual trans is simple. Fuel economy and emissions regs are not. Mechanical issues such as using a hydraulic clutch sandwiched between 2 screaming hot turbos are not simple either. Whatever the reason it appears its insurmountable. The lack of 35s w2.3/mt I can't feature tho. Whats the stumbling block there?
Sponsored