First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes, thank you - my build date was 8/16 - so I just made it (SMH)/what I don't understand, however, is why this is the first time I am hearing this? You would think this warrants some type of communication from Ford to the customers.
Haven’t you seen Fight Club?

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, if my "In production" date was 6/26 and my "Built" date is 9/30...I should be OK? Supposed to be delivered next week. Blend date was 6/25.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for this helpful info! My 08/04 is on DM and I have not had a recall notice show up on the app. Keeping my fingers crossed there's no airbag problem.
I might add that both the Broncos in my example have not talked to the mothership since 08/05 and 08/06 respectively. So, that eliminates another possible factor, as no communication with the modules in the vehicle appears to be involved in the identification of the problematic airbags. So if you haven't had a recall notice generated yet, it is likely that your Bronco is good to go at this period in time with regards to this recall. Your mileage may vary, this information is worth what you paid for it.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm pretty certain this won't be a problem exclusive to Ford if the Takata debacle was anything to go by.
Probably not, it's just almost hilarious how much of a disaster the launch has been.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm pretty certain this won't be a problem exclusive to Ford if the Takata debacle was anything to go by.
Folding an airbag incorrectly is a failure mode for all airbag modules. This recall is just a limited run of a process issue, probably one operator or an incorrect work instruction.

The takata debacle was caused by moisture getting in the propellant in the inflators. Every inflator was at risk to grenade if deployed.

Status
Not open for further replies.