Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Greetings, I just received a recall notice for the front seat belts. After reading it, I realized neither my wife or myself have had any issue. I guess I was wondering if anyone has had the fix done? What did they do? And Did it make a difference? Just curious. Thanks
Sponsored

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It must be the seatbelt monkey. You get in and a monkey comes from behind and buckles your belt for you. Of the vehicles I own the bronco is the easiest of them to reach. My mustang and my wifes challenger are much worse to reach

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe it is a two door thing because I have to assume they are farther back do to the 2 dr being further back

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They put a chip clip on the belt.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe it is a two door thing because I have to assume they are farther back do to the 2 dr being further back
The recall is only for 4 doors.

PolarVortex

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Black Diamond, Craftsman tractor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Greetings, I just received a recall notice for the front seat belts. After reading it, I realized neither my wife or myself have had any issue. I guess I was wondering if anyone has had the fix done? What did they do? And Did it make a difference? Just curious. Thanks
It's definitely a silly recall like one of the others said - if it's the same one I'm thinking about.... the recall essentially says they'll somehow move the seatbelt receiver such that it's more easily accessible and you as the driver and passenger will be more likely to put on your seatbelt. That's it in a nutshell.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They put a plastic clip on the belt to hold the latch in a certain position, therefore making it easier to reach.

The recall exists because technically the location of the latch in certain seat positions is outside of specifications per federal regulations.

You can refuse the recall if you want, that is within your right. But some states have laws that fine you for selling a vehicle with open recalls. Usually those laws don't apply to private sales, but just a heads up for the future.

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I am a mobile technician for Ford and this recall just involves placing clips on the seat belts to keep the latch plate in a raised position because some customers have stated it was an issue. It takes 5 mins at most.
Sponsored