mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
Apprently for 2023 Ford put plastic skid plates on my Bronco which were supposed to be metal. Someone caught them and forced a recall. Tallahassee Ford where I am at is as useless as tits on a bull. Has anyone ever heard of a dealership ordering just the parts to satisfy a recall and giving them to a customer ?
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think there is a recall, I think you are referring to the dealer filing a "misbuild".

As to your question, depends on dealer

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP

marktwain2001

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
Photo of recall

QUOTE="Lifeliberty, post: 2015466, member: 11126"]
I don't think there is a recall, I think you are referring to the dealer filing a "misbuild".

As to your question, depends on dealer
[/QUOTE]

20230813_071136.jpg

buckhorn_cortez

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, SHO, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Technically, it's not a recall. Recalls are issued to comply with NHTSA or EPA requirements and are safety or emissions related. Government-mandated recalls require the manufacturer to track the VIN of each vehicle and file paperwork with the related agency to prove the vehicle has been retrofitted and is in compliance with a specific government requirement.

What you have gotten is a "Customer Satisfaction" program letter. In this case, the Munroney sticker on the vehicle specifies steel bash plates and plastic was installed. This means they specified and sold one type of bash plate but installed the incorrect equipment. To "satisfy" the customer, they are issuing a notice that the dealer will "replace" the parts.

The wording says "parts and labor" meaning the dealer orders the parts from Ford and installs them on the vehicle. Giving the parts to the customer does not satisfy the corporate requirement of "replacement" of the plastic bash plates. The dealer gets reimbursed by Ford for the labor and the parts are provided by Ford.

Sponsored
OP
OP

marktwain2001

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
Dude they lied got caught and dont wanna get sued. All the oil leaking out or on a hot part then catching fire would be unsafe. Lookup voluntary recall. Unfortunatly i think your right about stealership wanting their cut.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude they lied got caught and dont wanna get sued. All the oil leaking out or on a hot part then catching fire would be unsafe. Lookup voluntary recall. Unfortunatly i think your right about stealership wanting their cut.
I dunno. If they promised you gold plated cup holders and you got plastic, it won't be any kind of recall; there's no requirement to fix the vehicle for a potentially dangerous defect.

A recall: "Please bring it back, we need to fix it."
Customer satisfaction: "We goofed, please bring it back so you don't hate us."

Since they "misbuilt" some vehicles (probably due to poor assembly line parts management), they're offering to replace the parts and since it's not the dealership's fault, they're going to compensate the service departments so the techs gets paid for their time.

Not everything's a conspiracy. Ford's trying to cleanup some dunderheadedness on their part. Get it fixed and move on.
Sponsored