Recommended: Kicker Key 200.4 Power Adapter Plug

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I created a thread about upgrading my 2 door with a 12" tailgate sub on a 700w amp, replacing all speakers with KIcker CS's, and changing out the rear pods to 6.5", running off the KIcker Key 200.4.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...seat-with-pics-6-5-mabett-rear-kickers.67620/

The Power plug that wired power straight from the battery for the Kicker key 200.4 was not available when I installed mine. After a year and a half, I ordered and install it. Super easy to install, plug into both sides of they key, run the power to the battery and then a ground. Took 15 minutes.

The sounds is MUCH better, than before, and it was already MUCH better than stock. Sound is so much louder, can use lower volume for higher sound. So much better it developed a rattle, I think its my drivers side windshield speaker rattling. I broke a pin when taking off the speaker shield the first time. I can hear it rattle a bit more now because it has more power. Old volume I would listen to it on high was 15, no more than 9 now.

Should have taken a few pictures, but it was literally two plugs, and then power and ground wire.

HIGHLY recommended to those who have a 200.4 and not the extra power cable. Worth the $37 and 15 minutes to install by far.

edit link to adapter;
https://plugnplaykits.com/products/kicker-key-200-4-power-adapter-plug
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the review. I ordered the power adapter for mine awhile ago and have it still sitting on my work bench. Need to find the time to install it, but sounds like it’s super easy with awesome results.

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hoel Wiring sold the harness with integrated power and ground connections from the beginning.

PnP Kits should have shipped those out to customers for free.

OP
OP
fallguy

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't disagree with you. Sadly, I had to pony up to get it at this point. Really makes a huge difference.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Holy cow I didn’t know people would try to run an amp from the 12V constant power line. Yeah I can only imagine how much better it sounded afterward! Surprised it sounded much better than stock in the first place.

That said I’ve never seen an amp the requires a specific adapter for power. Most will come with either a terminal post for the power line, or at least the harness for you to crimp your own power line to it. Maybe the Kicker Key is just different. 10 ft of #12 wire and a couple of ring terminals and you are there for a 200W 4Ch.
Sponsored