First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all, just took delivery of my sas badlands bronco last week. This is my first 4x4, I've owned nothing but small lil fast hatchbacks lol. First time offroading next week to a mud pit next week here in Azusa. I was wondering what tire pressures y'all recommend for mudding on a sasquatch? I keep getting 20psi as a starting point, not sure if I have to go lower for muddy conditions?

Thx for the help
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Door sticker for on road. Off-road it depends but typically I run 15-20psi. I might drop it less if I am really Rick crawling. Make sure you bring a pump to air back up or have a buddy with one.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree with @Bronco cat ... door sticker for the road, you can run it a little lower than that if you find the ride is uncomfortable but at some point you'll start impacting your fuel economy... which most people who drive on the road care about (at least to some degree).

Offroad ~25 PSI is a good starting point, and you can adjust from there. Really depends on where you are going though. If it's just normal gravel or dirt roads 25-30 PSI would be perfectly fine. For loose fluffy sand you're going to want as low as possible... maybe 14-15 PSI. Ideally you'd want to go even lower than that, but once you get below ~12 PSI it gets real iffy unless you have beadlocks.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve been running 18-20psi off road. I have aftermarket E-load tires, but I set the cold pressure at 32-33. After a few miles it heats up to about 36. 38 is about as high as I’ve seen them get after a couple hundred highway miles.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Enjoy. Make sure your wash your truck and get all the Mud off as soon as possible.
One of the staff at Nevada Off-roadeo turned me onto Ronny Dahl's Youtube channel. Lots of good off road tips.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

18 is my go to air down for most conditions. I’d probably go to 12 for pure sand.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

35” Falken AT3s E-rated. I’ve settled on 18psi off-road and 35psi on the streets for a comfortable ride.

lairgeral

Base
First Name
Denial
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5G
Your Bronco Model
Base
The ideal tire pressure for mudding can vary depending on factors such as the weight of your vehicle, the type of tires you have, and the specific conditions of the mud pit you'll be driving through. However, as a starting point, you could try reducing your tire pressure to around 15-18 psi for better traction in mud.
https://drivingpress.com/category/blog/
Sponsored

Last edited: