First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First mod on the new Bronco. Redline Tuning Quick-Lift Elite hood struts. This is the second vehicle I've installed them on. Installation is very easy - 20 minutes on average but took me 30 since I wanted to put a dot of lock-tite on each bolt. I've found that YouTube videos are much better than reading the directions. They look good, feel good and do what they're supposed to do. No, I did not remove the OEM hood prop.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thinking of purchasing these and installing myself. Was out wheeling with a buddy and fellow forum member today and mentioned that I want the Redline. Said while lifting my hood to access my air compressor.

Your saying its easy and pointing out the YouTube vids confrim I‘m doing it real soon.

Trail season!

OP
OP
Lej512

Lej512

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was really nervous about dropping the hinge bolts, especially with cold fingers but it went fine. Very easy.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Easy install, one of the 1st mods I did.

RedSoloCup

Big Bend
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I put mine on a few days ago. I got the extended hood opening ones! Super easy install.

Sponsored

sp4nno

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, BMW 440
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was really nervous about dropping the hinge bolts
Happened to me on one side, fortunately I was able to fish it out after removing the plastic fender flare and removing part of the wheel well liner. I was panicking for 5 minutes though.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was really nervous about dropping the hinge bolts, especially with cold fingers but it went fine. Very easy.
There is no need to loosen the hinge bolts with the Redline kit. At least not with the one I installed.

OP
OP
Lej512

Lej512

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is no need to loosen the hinge bolts with the Redline kit. At least not with the one I installed.
Only way to install the mounts on the kit I have.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Only way to install the mounts on the kit I have.
I was replying to the poster that said he had a Redline kit. I was curious of they had another version that did require hinge removal. I don't have a "hold this thing for me" buddy so I choose not messing about with the hinges. I'm sure both work well and I looked at both.

Sponsored

Redline Tuning

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was replying to the poster that said he had a Redline kit. I was curious of they had another version that did require hinge removal. I don't have a "hold this thing for me" buddy so I choose not messing about with the hinges. I'm sure both work well and I looked at both.
Our system does NOT require you to touch the hood hinge bolts. Installation is less than 10 minutes. :thumbsup:

Ford Bronco Redline Tuning Hood Struts installed 21-11039-02-2

Don't forget Free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all Bronco systems using coupon code "Bronco6G" at checkout.

https://www.redlinetuning.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=2021+bronco

Here is a video showing the installation process:

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for reminding me of how easy this is to install; have had a set sitting in a box since Fall and need to get off my butt and install them this weekend. Just thinking of the mileage I'll save when I discard that heavy prop rod! 😜

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for reminding me of how easy this is to install; have had a set sitting in a box since Fall and need to get off my butt and install them this weekend. Just thinking of the mileage I'll save when I discard that heavy prop rod! 😜
I got the Redline extra lift version last Christmas, and took advantage of the decent weather we were having in Chicagoland back then to install. Was easy for my son and I to install, maybe 15 or so minutes, being careful not to drop anything. Did not require removal/loosening of the hood hinges.

Very happy with the product - no issues. Provides good engine bay access, the struts due to location don't interfere with leaning over the side to work on stuff.

I kept the stock hood rod for now, in case if ever in a situation where I need the hood only raised to stock height, or if in some situation with very high wind and extra support is needed. But I probably will never use it.

Ford Bronco Redline Tuning Hood Struts installed P1200754_v02_sm

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I put on the Redline extra lift, I had a bitch of a time compressing them to snap them in.
I have no complaints with them now, but damn.

OP
OP
Lej512

Lej512

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm afraid I mislead everyone with my reference to the "hinge bolt". After closer inspection, they are fender bolts (one on each side) that need to be removed to install the mounting brackets. Doesn't change the fact that you still have to be careful not to drop the bolt down the fender well. My apologies.
Sponsored