John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 4dr SAS, 22 Base 2dr SAS, 2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone actually regeared from the 3.73 when moving to a larger tire size? It seems everyone is adding bigger tires and the the consensus is a regrear is best, but I haven't heard of anyone actually doing it. With the differentials being welded it almost doesn't seem worth it.

I 'm asking because I recently dropped SAS from my build, thinking I could add tires, coilovers and do a regear to get the look and performance I want. I'm now thinking I made a grave mistake. =(
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you do the work yourself or hiring out? If hiring out you’re gonna be close to the cost of sas. Unless you go junkyard route and find a complete setup to swap out. It’s hard to replicate the sas package for less than ford offers it.

OP
OP
Jhopkinson

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree on the SAS package, but I honestly didn't think I would get built so I dropped it. I can do the work myself, I just don't see the junkyards having anything for awhile unfortunately.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm guessing your order is a base model? I wouldn't be dropping SAS on the base... I'd be taking my chances for it being built. Other trims at least offer rear lockers with 4.27's.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think the majority have the bigger gears when putting 35s on. You dont nees sas to get bigger gears. I have big bend with 4.27 gears. Then again im not sure what your other requirements are on your build. I wouldnt have gotten 35s without the bigger gearing. Too much of a dog imo.

Sponsored

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why not jump to Badlands if you're dropping SAS?

OP
OP
Jhopkinson

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, it's a base. In hindsight I should have thought it though and researched a little more. It's scheduled now so the only options are to cancel and reorder when the banks open or take as is and upgrade when parts are more readily available.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re scheduled then enjoy this one and then re-order another with Sas. Most times you’d be worried about losing too much money when you trade in but I suspect you won’t lose much as these things still aren’t common.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone actually regeared from the 3.73 when moving to a larger tire size? It seems everyone is adding bigger tires and the the consensus is a regrear is best, but I haven't heard of anyone actually doing it. With the differentials being welded it almost doesn't seem worth it.

I 'm asking because I recently dropped SAS from my build, thinking I could add tires, coilovers and do a regear to get the look and performance I want. I'm now thinking I made a grave mistake. =(
Dont know if your a road trip kind of guy, but I got the 4.46 front and rear axles out of my Black Diamond that I need to get on the marketplace…

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can’t regear 3:73 front difs, you will have to buy aftermarket Dana/spicer. They are expected to have a plug and play front diff for the broncos without locking diffs this year.. hopefully. Um you can try to find oem 4:70 axles but they will be hard to find and overpriced.. I’m in the same boat

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jhopkinson

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dont know if your a road trip kind of guy, but I got the 4.46 front and rear axles out of my Black Diamond that I need to get on the marketplace…
I don't mind a little travel, but that may be a tad far unfortunately, or I would be all over them. =(

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You’ll also have to buy cv axles as well and have forscan to reprogram the modules or a dealer do the reprogram. It’ll throw a code

cyoungk

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Depends on what you want to do with it. I have a Big Bend, non-Sas with 35" and it drives perfectly fine. As a matter of fact, I was concerned when I put on 35"s but truth be told, didn't really notice much of a difference at all. Car has 0 problems finding the right gear.

danane

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you don't have the truck yet, I would recommend you wait until you have it, try to put together as light a 35" wheel/tire combo as you can, and see if you can live with it on the 3.73s. Lots of ppl. out there running 35s on 3.73 gears in broncos and other vehicles with no complaints.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I actually preferred how the 3.73 drove around town with 35s over my 4.46 gears with the same tires. 3.73 seemed to build more boost when floored and stayed out of boost when going 50mph and slower. 4.46 seam to shift to early are luggy around town but are much better on the freeway.

After having both ratios I wouldn't worry about 3.73 with 35s. My tires are also on the heaver side.
Sponsored