First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Its been some time since I've been here, but I am curious what do you all think of the overall reliability and quality of the Bronco now that its been out for sometime. I've been holding out for awhile as I know usually with a new model, it takes time to get all the "bugs" out of it.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've heard that. So far, a year and a half in and 18.5k miles, shockingly good! I say that having only had Toyotas for 34 years....a bit scared to jump to Ford...but it's been great. Only trouble was a loose sensor as I drove away from the dealership...

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well there's still certainly some bugs being worked out (rattling manual trans, rattling cam phasers, hard top issues, wonky Sync 4, and so on) but I would say overall reliability is good so far...at least for me. Some here have had some BIG issues but I think in the grand scheme of things this forum is a very small sampling. To date I'm very satisfied.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There seems to be a lot of variance. Some people have lemons riddled with problems, some have no problems at all. I think I've had a fairly average experience with just 3 issues, none of them show stoppers.

Alanp970

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4 Door Base Sasquatch Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
Aside from a couple weird brake issues, I’ve only experienced some Sync 4 glitches (but most of the time it’s perfect) I really love how easily the lockers engage especially after seeing all the issues Toyota, Jeep and Ram folks have trying to use theirs. I’m only a little over 10,000 miles in but I love it.

Sponsored

CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
so far so good for me, but I also keep it in mind that it is a ford

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just over 2 years and just over 17k. My honest answer is it has been, "ok." Not great but it also hasn't left me stranded. The few electrical issues have been aggravating and annoying but fixed by Ford. Luckily the parts needed were not on backorder so it only took them a few weeks to fix. The build quality is also "ok." Not great but not horrid. Everything but the hood fit as it should and the hood was not that bad, it took having it for several months before I realized it was a miss, but then again those were snowy months.

I would say the issues I have had would be expected from every can maker with a brand new first model year car.

However, what I really do not like is the cheapness of the interior. Everything is cheap and feels/appears to be done to the cheapest possible way and with little thought. I am not saying the interior is bad, just even when new it was old style and tech and design. The materials used however are bad.

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

22OBX Lux, 2.3 nonSAS with 22000 miles. No issues. 2 recalls one is for the seat belt and the other for a windshield wiper motor flash. Both completed with no issues prior. Honestly one of the best vehicles I’ve ever owned.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
33,000 miles, 2021 WT. Only glitch was a front differential leak, but it was taken care of by my 3/36 warranty. Just had to replace a seal. Otherwise, it has been a great vehicle and experience.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Only issue was the well documented headlight switch. Other than that zero problems...

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wonky Sync - yup. But then again, Sync has always been wonky on every vehicle. It just seems more-so on the Bronco. My Bronco can't even play the startup movie without it hitching up.

Durability the Bronco has been fine. It's been fit and finish that it lacks. Cheap trim interior. Easy to scratch plastic. Horrible Sync with crappy OEM audio (even the "premium" audio is bad). Horrible dash layout. A new rattle every other time you drive it. Dim lighting. HVAC that has a mind of it's own. Frameless windows that rattle. Tailgate that rattles. Soft top panels that are either impossible to get in or fall right out. Hard tops that leak, or squeak, or both. The Bronco Sport is miles ahead on all of these things - it just seems like a much more polished product from just sitting inside it.

But driving, especially off road - couldn't ask for anything better. Unless you are into getting good gas mileage.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

However, what I really do not like is the cheapness of the interior. Everything is cheap and feels/appears to be done to the cheapest possible way and with little thought. I am not saying the interior is bad, just even when new it was old style and tech and design. The materials used however are bad.
This.

Broncos have interiors of $30-40K vehicles. I balked at the $62K Badlands price tag and picked up a Heritage instead.

These days there are plenty of $50K SUVs with well equipped interiors that are near luxury level. The outgoing Wrangler and new Wrangler have fairly decent interiors also. Land Cruiser interior looks pretty similar but might be $5-10K less than a similar equipped Bronco.

The big one is how sh*tty the stock audio system is. The plastic interior is somewhat acceptable at the lower trim levels but the B&O audio system is not at all premium.

Quest

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was thinking on this topic on my way home and saw this post. I've had mine just under a year and put about 18.5K on it (about haIf on a big road trip). 2023 4D BD Auto V6. I LOVE this thing but holy F the build quality. Out of these 12 months it has been in the shop about 2 months.

Fixed
Driver side rear door and 1/4 panel repainted - Drip line in door paint and missing at least one coat of paint.
Windshield Wiper motors replaced- kept turning to intermittent even in heavy rain.
Tailgate lowered- Hit the window when you closed it.
Front differential replaced (1)- Broke trying to reverse up a hill in shallow mud.
Front differential replaced (2)- Broke trying to get traction after high centering.
Tightened driver door window - Shook a ton hitting small bumps. (Just started again last week)

Looked at by Ford and not able to reproduce (but still occur)
Radio freezing and needing restart to fix.
Driver side passenger window not going up by several inches. (only fix is to open and close door)
No key detected error and horn sounding despite key being there. (worse using GMSR radios and at gas stations)

Have not had looked at yet.
HVAC doesn't put air to locations selected (e.g. floor puts air to windshield and window vents)

Other
CV axels and driveshaft fully covered in pitted rust from day 1 (I'm told this is normal, though most other Broncos have no major rust on these parts when I've looked).
Roof creaking and what seems to be a bad gasket behind passenger roof panel.

All that and the inconsistent level of Ford Service department effort. I won't even get into how one dealership has refused to ever work on my Bronco, including basic maintenance, when they saw Ford contacted my original dealer service department about the key issue. Nor the fact the original dealership indicated Ford won't replace the FD if it breaks again because scratches on the skid plate make them think I abuse the thing (my off-roading is so basic entry level I hesitate to even say I off-road to experienced people).

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going on 13 months in my '22. 14K miles. No drivetrain issues (knock on wood). Only nit picky fit/finish things like my hardtop/tailgate/window rattling occasionally.
Sponsored