Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I took delivery of my BaseSquach in Feb 2022 and really haven't had any problems. I few annoying things like the driver side window keeps forgetting its calibration and needs to be reset and the interior plastics are even lower quality than what came in my 1989 Isuzu Trooper 2-door. Besides that its fairly well made for a $37k 4x4.
Sponsored

JJHTX

Black Diamond
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ditto the comments about fit and finish. I have a 2023 black diamond with about 7k miles. Most bothersome to me are squealing wastegate actuator rod and frequent brake pedal clicking noises. The squealing makes vehicle sound like cheap junk. Brake pedal click is concerning considering the brakeā€™s purpose. Dealership experience has been atrocious. They tell me these sounds are ā€œnormalā€. Yeahā€¦ok.

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2021 Base Sasquatch 4DR soft top 2.7 auto mod bumper. Zero issues. Love it. Interior fit is good. Cloth seats are nice. Plastics are hard, though - could be nicer, but as a base finish, they work. Sound system is OK, not great. Fit of hood leaves a little to be desired, but OK. I feel like $43k was a steal for the off road components, which is what I was paying for, not the interior.

Last edited:

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had 370 miles on mine when Ford bought it back. I was happy with the the outcome and Ford was very easy to work with so I ordered an exact replacement that should be here at the end of the month. I would be lying if I said I didn't second guess that decision daily and wonder if I will be stranded sometime in the middle of nowhere...a thought that has never once crossed my mind in my '94 Toyota pickup with 318,000 miles on it, I turn the key and it takes me anywhere and back with zero issues. It is maddening that Ford has such chaotic quality control, some are perfect some are lemons.

Nitpicks are same as everyone else. Absolutely no excuse on the crap fit and finish and cheap materials in the interior, especially for the upper trims. There are some really stupid engineering decisions that somehow made it to production but overall its a cool vehicle.

I like the Bronco design enough to give it another try and see if I can roll a winner this time.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love my $48000 BL 2dr 2.7. Just some minor issues including stabar replacement under warranty. But even to this day, strangers ask me about it when Iā€™m parked somewhere. Especially since itā€™s a two door with a soft top. 24,000 miles, runs great. I came from a German car so I knew what to expect as far as interior, but this thing has grown on me completely. My neighbors love it. People wanna ride in it. Itā€™s hella fun. Iā€™m not an audiophile so I couldnā€™t care less about the stock system- rarely have it at a high volume level. Yes plastics are hard and cheap (I guess), but at least I can escape from the zombies

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought my 21 Badlands in Sep 2021, approaching 30k kms and have had no real problems.

Only actual problem was a broken soft top clip on the rear panel (replaced under warranty before the TSB or whatever it was added rivets) that was damaged by the dealer when my veh was being used as a demo.

As has been mentioned, the frameless windows are hit and miss (literally sometimes, haha) and sync 4 is sometimes a bit finnicky.

My biggest gripe is poor fuel mileage, I didn't expect to be hypermiling in a 4x4 but I get worse mileage than a lot of friends with v8 pickups (and much worse than my Mustang GT).

Last edited:

C-Note

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™ve had mine for 15 months and 10K miles. Iā€™m happy with quality and features that came on my $31K base. I do have the M/T issue, but thatā€™s not keeping me from daily driving. At some point, Iā€™ll address it. I also have a small roof leak, but again, itā€™s not ā€˜direā€™. Overall, Iā€™m extremely happy and would buy another Bronco tomorrow if the wife would let me!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
'21 BL moar door 2.3 manual softie w high and 13k miles
Had a couple a TSB issues fixed and that is it. The Bronco is great for what it was designed for but remember you are paying for off-road and open air capability, not pampered luxury. My wife also had a '21 BL but we "upgraded" her to a fully loaded '23 OBX-Squatch certified mall crawler to get her some more of the creature comforts she was accustomed to. To date there have been no major issues with either Bronco.

Pics for inspiration:
Ford Bronco Reliability & overall quality? PXL_20230602_221633437

Ford Bronco Reliability & overall quality? PXL_20231013_231640980

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At 2021 pricing levels, the fit and finish is fine at the lower trim levels.
Even a Mid package starts to get costly and you don't really get a lot for the extra money.

At current pricing levels, maybe a bare bones Big Bend or Badlands (for the drive train) , after that, there's just not a lot of value in it.
That's why you're starting to see them stack up on the lots.
In a year, I'd bet there will be rebates.

Reliability wise, mine have been fine so far. A few tech bugs, but nothing requiring a trip to the dealer.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Its been some time since I've been here, but I am curious what do you all think of the overall reliability and quality of the Bronco now that its been out for sometime. I've been holding out for awhile as I know usually with a new model, it takes time to get all the "bugs" out of it.
17k miles for my OBX. No quality issues other than the windshield adhesive recall.

My one gripe is more of a design flaw by Ford. This thing will have a dead battery after 10 days in your driveway. Either the parasitic draw on the battery is way too high or the alternator isnā€™t giving enough juice when itā€™s driven. Dealership replaced my battery once but confirmed everything is ā€œwithin specā€

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm pretty ecstatic with my '21 2.7 4dr hard top still after over 2 years and 14k miles. I'm not sure if my expectations were low, or I just love it so much but I have basically zero things I bitch about. I've only had it in for one real repair, a leaking valve cover gasket. Otherwise a glitch with android auto or a window needing a reset from time to time. Recently my parking sensors have started acting up so that's on a list for the dealer eventually. I have a lux Outerbanks w/leather and I'm happy with the interior and B&O šŸ¤·.

Redflag59

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sold my Tacoma when I got my 21 Badlands. Best move ever. 43,000 plus and no issues. Have 4 wheeled the heck out of it and compared to the Tacoma it's a dream.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ooo that's another common theme - poor dealership experiences.

I know I'd rather fix something myself than take it in on warranty claim.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its been some time since I've been here, but I am curious what do you all think of the overall reliability and quality of the Bronco now that its been out for sometime. I've been holding out for awhile as I know usually with a new model, it takes time to get all the "bugs" out of it.
You are going to get a wide range of responses on this. Keep in mind that internet forums artificially increase the negatives. There are many happy owners with zero issues. My 2022 is near perfection. No mechanical issues, zero recalls, fir and finish is excellent. The amount of tech in these vehicles is unbelievable. This Bronco will go down as one of the best vehicles I have owned. There are better deal$ out now too. More inventory on lots. A dealer just South of me is selling all non-Raptors at invoice.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You are going to get a wide range of responses on this. Keep in mind that internet forums artificially increase the negatives. There are many happy owners with zero issues.
This is very true.

I love my Bronco, it's the second most fun I've ever had in a car. It's also the most money I've ever invested in a vehicle. I would buy one again for sure.

But I don't think it's perfect.
Sponsored