Sponsored

Replacing 4” speakers on the dash and rear pods.

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I put these in last night. I bent L brackets to make them fit until I have time to make some solid metal brackets. They make a huge difference. I am waiting for my loopback harness to come in before I install my LOC, AMP, and Sub. The Line Output Convert I bought has channel summing so I will not need to have the stereo settings changed.

IMG-4340.JPG
how do these make a huge difference without bass going to them?
Sponsored

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
how do these make a huge difference without bass going to them?
They are a lot louder and clearer, I have a subwoofer for bass. You are not going to get much bass out of a 6 1/2 coaxial speaker no matter what you do.

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They are a lot louder and clearer, I have a subwoofer for bass. You are not going to get much bass out of a 6 1/2 coaxial speaker no matter what you do.
Didn’t realize you had the sub woofer

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I disagree... But you're not gonna get much bass in a confined enclosure.

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
I disagree... But you're not gonna get much bass in a confined enclosure.
Confined enclosures create bass, that is why people seal their door and kick panel speakers.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Confined enclosures create bass, that is why people seal their door and kick panel speakers.
By confined, (not sealed) I mean too small for the proper cone excursion. Like the rear pods.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ran into a strange problem after replacing my speakers and am looking for help. I did the 4” dash speakers with no issues. When I did the driver kick speaker, I no longer get ANY sound from either the driver dash or driver kick speakers. I tried putting the factory speaker back in, but still no sound. All other speakers work fine. Any clue how to trouble shoot this?

Dirtyjed

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Dmax, 86 FunRunnah, Tiyoda truggy, Honda shi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just driver side?
Have you looked at settings to see if computer did computer things for computer reasons?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I ran into a strange problem after replacing my speakers and am looking for help. I did the 4” dash speakers with no issues. When I did the driver kick speaker, I no longer get ANY sound from either the driver dash or driver kick speakers. I tried putting the factory speaker back in, but still no sound. All other speakers work fine. Any clue how to trouble shoot this?
The speaker wires for the front run from head unit to kickpanel, and from kick panel to dash. They share the same channel. If you lost both I would bet there is an issue with your connector at the kick panel speaker.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The speaker wires for the front run from head unit to kickpanel, and from kick panel to dash. They share the same channel. If you lost both I would bet there is an issue with your connector at the kick panel speaker.
That’s good info. I thought it was ok, but I’ll have to re examine it

Sponsored

longwoodknight

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the aftermarket JBL. Sound bar and had the dealer install. The downside is it blocks most of my view out the back. I’m wondering if I replace the speakers as recommended here, will it make things even better in back or not too noticeable.
How do you like the sound? I just ordered one. I also ordered the brandview rear camera mirror to deal with the visibility issue. I’ve wanted one and used the sound bar as the excuse

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100 / 1980 F150 Stepside / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How do you like the sound? I just ordered one. I also ordered the brandview rear camera mirror to deal with the visibility issue. I’ve wanted one and used the sound bar as the excuse
The souund is fine for me. When I'm cranking it, the nuances of the woodwinds don't really apply. Not for what I'm playing anyway. I haven't installed the camera mirror yet. I was waiting for the new wheels I ordered to come in, but they still haven't, so finding a view point through the steelies may be more challenging.

nautoncall

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What all speakers is everyone using for the 4" and 6.5 kickpanel? Just out of curiosity when I was in Walmart over the weekend I saw these Scosche Hd4004sd 4 inch 4 way coaxial 120 watts max for 20 bucks. The factory 4" dash speakers were so bad I just thought, I'll spend $20 and see how much difference. Actually, they sound much better than the stock paper speakers. I've ordered the Sound Bar even though I've heard mix reviews. I want to know what everyone has used front speakers. Thanks. How can Ford make the stock stereo so bad?

nautoncall

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just trying to get an idea of what to purchase when staying with stock head unit. Thanks.

Yes, I have used the search and you have to read through hundreds of posts to see what exact speakers people are using.

This for base stereo NOT B&O
Sponsored