Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey everybody!

After all the bs I've dealt with to try and get my bronco, I finally got an email saying I'll be one of the first to order a 2023. This is a day 1 reservation that was ordered, canceled, reordered and canceled again, but kept my reservation alive the whole time.

I've already picked up a bronco about a year ago off a lot and love the s**t out of mine. It's too far customized to start over.

With that said, I dunno how to go about transferring this, but if anyone wants it, it's linked to fritts ford in riverside, ca. Once again I dunno if we can transfer anything, but if I can, or someone knows how to, I'll give it away for the $100 deposit I put down on it.

It has to be done before Nov 21st or they'll refund my deposit so I'm not losing anything. There is no build set to it.
Sponsored

ERock62

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am very local. Curious... what do you have on order?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With that said, I dunno how to go about transferring this, but if anyone wants it, it's linked to fritts ford in riverside, ca. Once again I dunno if we can transfer anything, but if I can, or someone knows how to, I'll give it away for the $100 deposit I put down on it.
You can only transfer reservations to a family member in the same household. Ford also put COVP into place to prevent dealers from using abandoned reservations and/or orders to place an order for someone else. So, congrats on the Bronco but please do everyone who has been waiting 2+ years a favor and just cancel your other reservation/order.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey everybody!

After all the bs I've dealt with to try and get my bronco, I finally got an email saying I'll be one of the first to order a 2023. This is a day 1 reservation that was ordered, canceled, reordered and canceled again, but kept my reservation alive the whole time.

I've already picked up a bronco about a year ago off a lot and love the s**t out of mine. It's too far customized to start over.

It has to be done before Nov 21st or they'll refund my deposit so I'm not losing anything. There is no build set to it.
So you already did the COVP for the one that's ordered? Not crapping on your post but that's not how this is supposed to work. If you aren't taking it and told the dealer you were, after COVP opened up, you need to take delivery of it and resell or tell the dealer to cancel the order. The whole point is to cull abandoned reservations so those who are waiting have a better chance of taking delivery. Also, if your dealer takes the bronco and resells, it's going to look really bad now that Ford's cracking down on this type of stuff.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

giphy.gif

Sponsored

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When you say you "got an email saying I'll be one of the first to order a 2023" is that just the wording on the bottom of the 2023 rollover confirmation saying you're an early order?

Because that's on every confirmation email right now for 2023. My original order was 02/14/2022 and I got this upon 2023 rollover:
"Your vehicle order is one of the early orders for the 2023 Bronco Base, and because we are building this vehicle just for you, we wanted to share a bit more on our production process as it may impact your delivery time."

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So you already did the COVP for the one that's ordered? Not crapping on your post but that's not how this is supposed to work. If you aren't taking it and told the dealer you were, after COVP opened up, you need to take delivery of it and resell or tell the dealer to cancel the order. The whole point is to cull abandoned reservations so those who are waiting have a better chance of taking delivery. Also, if your dealer takes the bronco and resells, it's going to look really bad now that Ford's cracking down on this type of stuff.
@flip I also got an order confirmation e-mail from Ford before I submitted my COVP data. There are a few other posts here as well. Is the COVP a second tier verification, or is it required before the order is submitted by the dealer?
I sure hope Ford doesn't f up their COVP program.... I'm all for cancelling illlegit orders.

OP
OP

Rush4th

Base
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I dunno how any of it works. I was just trying to spare someone else the bs that I went through even if I had to buy it and sell it to whoever wanted it.

Long story kinda short, my original oder was a 2 door 2.7 badlands that was purchased by a POS dealer manager the day they called me to pick it up, so they kept my reservation alive and I changed it to a 22 4 door wildtrak. 3 months later I got a call from ford that it was damaged enough in transit that they couldn't sell it to me, although I saw it on the lot a month later with a 30k mark up...

Anyways they kept the reservation alive. Then today ford emailed me again saying that I can go to the dealer and finalize it. So it might be the wildtrak, but the email made it sound like it like I can change it and still get the build started asap.

I'm going down to the dealer on Friday to see what is possible. I just thought with all of the experience in this forum, maybe someone could skip the line and get one.

If not, then sorry for wasting everyone's time. Just trying to help someone who wants one.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I dunno how any of it works. I was just trying to spare someone else the bs that I went through even if I had to buy it and sell it to whoever wanted it.

Long story kinda short, my original oder was a 2 door 2.7 badlands that was purchased by a POS dealer manager the day they called me to pick it up, so they kept my reservation alive and I changed it to a 22 4 door wildtrak. 3 months later I got a call from ford that it was damaged enough in transit that they couldn't sell it to me, although I saw it on the lot a month later with a 30k mark up...

Anyways they kept the reservation alive. Then today ford emailed me again saying that I can go to the dealer and finalize it. So it might be the wildtrak, but the email made it sound like it like I can change it and still get the build started asap.

I'm going down to the dealer on Friday to see what is possible. I just thought with all of the experience in this forum, maybe someone could skip the line and get one.

If not, then sorry for wasting everyone's time. Just trying to help someone who wants one.
what dealership you order from and after they jack you over why you buying from them.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the same email From my 2020 reservation which I was told on the phone by a Ford CustOmer service rep was switched to a different dealer but it never changed on the reservation site.

“Due to overwhelming demand for the 2022 Bronco, earlier this year, we placed your reservation on hold. The wait has been long and we are thankful you have stayed with us. We are thrilled to announce that starting today, we want to offer you the opportunity to be one of the first to order a 2023 Bronco. Rest assured, your reservation timestamp has not changed.

Your next step is to use our Build & Price tool for the 2023 Bronco. This tool will allow you to check for new features and options prior to placing your order with your dealer. Once you know what you want, contact your dealer to help you place your order and answer any questions you may have. We encourage you to agree in writing to the purchase price with your dealer. Additionally, be sure to check out our FAQs here.

Don’t miss this opportunity. You’ll need to convert your reservation to an order with your dealer by November 21st, 2022, or your reservation will be canceled and your deposit will be refunded to you.*”

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip I also got an order confirmation e-mail from Ford before I submitted my COVP data. There are a few other posts here as well. Is the COVP a second tier verification, or is it required before the order is submitted by the dealer?
I sure hope Ford doesn't f up their COVP program.... I'm all for cancelling illlegit orders.
I don't remember the timing of the email vs. COVP verification but remember getting the confirmation for mine after the order was in WBDO but I did COVP within minutes of building it. One of the other dealers will have to say for sure if the email goes out only after it's "approved" or does so after submission and "pending". My assumption is after "approved" but have not done enough to say for sure.

The right thing to do is cancel the order if you aren't going to take it. If you're intent is to flip after it's built, fine, I don't have issue with that. Ford is never going to get caught up on retails if dealers keep letting known abandons come in for "stock", ADM people out of their orders or customers don't follow up on orders they still want or don't want.

How many stories have been told about an order being sold out from under a customer only to find out later the dealer couldn't contact them and turned into a finger pointing blame game? What I'm saying is most of this is on the dealer to follow through on. I know we've got a couple still in there we're fairly certain the customer isn't going to take so the COVP should sort that out. The hard part is when they waffle and end up not taking it after it's got a VIN. My advice to everyone is make sure you're proactive and get the information and confirmation. Salespeople and mangers, especially at dealers with tons of carryover orders are under a deadline to get this done so be patient, schedule a time to do this and verify everything. A lot of this can actually be done through email and your order summary sent and digitally signed or signed and pic emailed back. As long as we've got a paper trail to put with the deal folder, everyone should be GTG.

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just thought with all of the experience in this forum, maybe someone could skip the line and get one.
Although that sounds nice, to one person ... it isn't so nice to all the other people who are still waiting that are now "skipped" when you could potentially just cancel your reservation.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey everybody!

The $100 was for the reservation, not a deposit

OP
OP

Rush4th

Base
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
He called it a deposit in the email. 🤷‍♂️

I can't talk about the original dealer yet, I'm suing them. So I switched it to the riverside one.

But a dealer literally bought my bronco and told me sorry, it was sold by accident and then tried to sell me a base model for 25k mark up. I was literally there 3 hours after the first time the tried to call.. So no, all dealers aren't good people just trying to do their job. This guy is a POS.

I got an email back from the Ford dude that emailed me yesterday. Saying I can't switch to someone outside of my household, someone was right. So sorry to everybody that didn't blow me up for not canceling my 2 year reservation. Cuz I'm not.

Sorry for not being fully informed. I was trying to do something nice, but you can delete this thread now. Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited: