Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

FINAL UPDATE:

Dealer made good on our agreement and even went a little better than that. I am happy with this outcome.

Bronco6g members who contributed to this effort: thank you, you did this. The dealer conceded that the lawsuit meant nothing to them but the online reviews are everything to them.

I agreed to remove any negative reviews I put up (of which I have done none) as well as request you all to take down negative reviews. Thank you for your support. Without you, this wouldn't have resolved the way it did.

The bronco6g community is nothing short of amazing. You have my axe.

Mission accomplished.

Screenshot_20211206-185604_Gallery.jpg
HELL YEAH! Removed the review. NOW, if we can do this as a Bronco Comminity, maybe we can get vote for a better government LOL.

CONGRATS SIR!
Sponsored

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Still wondering how they managed to put 300 miles on it. Unless I missed that.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Congrats thatā€™s an awesome story to share for the rest of your lifešŸ˜Ž

OP
OP

Smeagolsaur

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still wondering how they managed to put 300 miles on it. Unless I missed that.
I was meaning to mention this. I checked the odometer and it only showed 11miles, which was reflected in the paperwork. So the 300 must have been a typo.

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So happy to hear this was resolved in a way that was satisfactory to you. Sometimes the good guys do win. Congrats.

Sponsored

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was meaning to mention this. I checked the odometer and it only showed 11miles, which was reflected in the paperwork. So the 300 must have been a typo.
Glad you got your rig at the right price. Nice job man! Iā€™m jealous Iā€™m still waiting on mine.

Dan303

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
All,

I'm fuming mad and just got back from Lindsay Ford (Wheaton, MD) where they tried to get me to pay 10k ADM over what we agreed to back in March when they committed to MSRP and no dealer markup. I have an order summary with MSRP and my signature and date and $1000 deposit but they are not honoring our agreement. I happen to be a licensed attorney so I'm exploring my options in the legal arena and am likely to file a complaint against the dealership.

Folks who have been through this shakedown, I welcome your advice and recommendation. I am not paying a cent over MSRP - what we agreed to.

@Ford Motor Company

Update:
Iā€™ve tweeted and emailed Mike Levine and Ford Motor Company. UPDATE: Mike Levine responded 12/5 and is looking into it.
Iā€™ve emailed the general manager to elevate it. UPDATE: I'm expecting to talk with the GM on 12/6.
Iā€™ve researched the Maryland Uniform Commercial Code and my situation looks favorable.
Iā€™ve reached out to several attorneys who specialize in breach of contract. UPDATE: I've prepared a complaint to file myself on 12/6.
I've reached out to the local news station with a news tip.

As I was leaving the dealership today with steam coming out of my ears, they said they would hold the vehicle for a day to see if I changed my mind. They also said they would drop it to $5000 markup. I told them I wouldnā€™t pay a cent over what we agreed to.

FINAL UPDATE:

Dealer made good on our agreement and even went a little better than that. I am happy with this outcome.

Bronco6g members who contributed to this effort: thank you, you did this. The dealer conceded that the lawsuit meant nothing to them but the online reviews are everything to them.

I agreed to remove any negative reviews I put up (of which I have done none) as well as request you all to take down negative reviews. Thank you for your support. Without you, this wouldn't have resolved the way it did.

Mission accomplished.

Glad they ended up coming down in price. Lindsay Ford Wheaton did the same thing to me weeks ago. I also left a review, on yelp. This is all part of what they do. Throw a price out there and see if it sticks. Then if you complain enough theyā€™ll come down in price some. It is shameful. They also ran my credit report without my permission. Terrible dealership.

Dan303

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad they ended up coming down in price. Lindsay Ford Wheaton did the same thing to me weeks ago. I also left a review, on yelp. This is all part of what they do. Throw a price out there and see if it sticks. Then if you complain enough theyā€™ll come down in price some. It is shameful. They also ran my credit report without my permission. Terrible dealership.
All,

I'm fuming mad and just got back from Lindsay Ford (Wheaton, MD) where they tried to get me to pay 10k ADM over what we agreed to back in March when they committed to MSRP and no dealer markup. I have an order summary with MSRP and my signature and date and $1000 deposit but they are not honoring our agreement. I happen to be a licensed attorney so I'm exploring my options in the legal arena and am likely to file a complaint against the dealership.

Folks who have been through this shakedown, I welcome your advice and recommendation. I am not paying a cent over MSRP - what we agreed to.

@Ford Motor Company

Update:
Iā€™ve tweeted and emailed Mike Levine and Ford Motor Company. UPDATE: Mike Levine responded 12/5 and is looking into it.
Iā€™ve emailed the general manager to elevate it. UPDATE: I'm expecting to talk with the GM on 12/6.
Iā€™ve researched the Maryland Uniform Commercial Code and my situation looks favorable.
Iā€™ve reached out to several attorneys who specialize in breach of contract. UPDATE: I've prepared a complaint to file myself on 12/6.

As I was leaving the dealership today with steam coming out of my ears, they said they would hold the vehicle for a day to see if I changed my mind. They also said they would drop it to $5000 markup. I told them I wouldnā€™t pay a cent over what we agreed to.

FINAL UPDATE:

Mission accomplished.

Oh and btw here is my post of my similar experience https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/posts/1016027/.

And my yelp review of the dealership.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/lindsay-fo...q8wQE8Kg&utm_source=ishare&utm_content=review

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hell no. Sure, say you'll remove negative reviews but 2 weeks from now put them back. I'm glad the OP got his Bronco but what about the next guy, or the 30 after him. The dealers math was simple, the cost to screw the OP over > than what they can screw out of everyone that comes after.

I'm lucky. I'm in a small town where everyone knows everything. It's larger dealers in larger towns that are the only ones who can try this shit.

Sponsored

ElMedico

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500, Volvo, '56 F100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats! Hopefully I don't go through what you went through. I should be picking up mine next week. Small dealership in MA. I texted my salesperson when it shipped and she texted me back "I'm so excited for you! You've been waiting forever." Hopefully that's a good sign. I have the same web order form with their handwritten price and my signature. They tried to charge an ADM of $2k when I went to order and I told them that I'd be taking my reservation to a dealer on the NO ADM list in the 6G forum. They instantly relented.

I've deleted my 1-star review of Lindsay.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FINAL UPDATE:

Mission accomplished.

Congrats! So nice to see you end up with it!

That dealer is still a tool. Their arrogant comment about the lawsuit meaning nothing, and online reviews everythingā€¦ still means all about greed.

Would have been nice to hear some level of being contrite or recognition from them to just do the ā€˜right thingā€™.

But again congrats! Hope you and your family enjoy in good health!

Paloaltoicu

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
All,

@Ford Motor Company

Update:

FINAL UPDATE:

Mission accomplished.

Whatā€™s Mike Levine s email and twitter ?

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didnā€™t see a way to delete my 1-star google review, but I did edit it to reflect the resolution, and bumped the rating. Glad they finally came through.
Sponsored