2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d suggest keeping in the back that way you can get it without disturbing the windows.
Hopefully the bronco wont be like my other ford that has frozen tailgate latch & cab doors. Pretty sure its been to the dealership 3-4x now and “fixed” but yet I continue to receive letters from Ford notifying me of issue.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't understand how the Gorilla Glass will help with rock chips since it is used as the innermost layer.
I never looked up what made gorilla Glass special, but it would be odd if the strength is on the inside? I do know that some people have said that the gorilla Glass seems to be chipping just as easy, but I'm sure others have different opinions. I don't have gorilla Glass so I don't know.

Generally speaking, I have a walmart windshield chip kit that I use to fix any chips pretty much the day that I get them. So as long as you can fix it before it cracks!

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never looked up what made gorilla Glass special, but it would be odd if the strength is on the inside? I do know that some people have said that the gorilla Glass seems to be chipping just as easy, but I'm sure others have different opinions. I don't have gorilla Glass so I don't know.

Generally speaking, I have a walmart windshield chip kit that I use to fix any chips pretty much the day that I get them. So as long as you can fix it before it cracks!
The Gorilla Glass windshields have regular glass for the outside ply so there is no additional resistance to chipping. That’s why I was asking and I am wondering why people are blaming Ford/Obama/Marie Callender for rock chips because they didn’t use or offer Gorilla Glass.

https://www.corning.com/gorillaglass/worldwide/en/applications/automotive/windshields_windows.html

Last edited:

blsbikes2

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My biggest concern is the indexing door windows. Luck for me I am no longer dealing with negative Iowa temperatures. However the wear and tear of indexing every time you open the door has to wear a section out.
I have had that 'feature' on several non Ford vehicles, and never had a problem. Lived in Norhtern NY so snow and ice common in winter. Sometimes the window would be frozen to the gasket, and you would hear the pop when opening the door. Maybe those 'regulators' had better sensors to know when stuck? I agree it is total BS that the Bronco can't handle a normal weather condition. And sand on a highway causing windshield damage?

Sponsored

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what’s he best way to deal with this issue?

1. Exoshield on windshield
2. Hood deflector
3. Glass insurance coverage

All of the above?

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These windows wouldn't be ideal up North I'd imagine. I've had them on my Mustang and Audi TT, but it wasn't really an issue down here (Southern VA). Those cars always stayed parked when we got the occasional snow/ ice.

That must have been awful driving all that way with your temporary window. Hope they get it fixed soon.

Did you pull all that tape off? Sometimes tape can leave a nasty mess. I'd be concerned about ripping the MIC apart when removing it, LOL.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Took our brand new Outer Banks for a trip to Colorado for some snowboarding. We left central Texas and all was well on the trip up. The Bronco run and drove like a champ. While at Vail, it snowed every morning then the sun would melt it during the afternoon. Refreezing would occur nightly. This is where the trouble started. One morning I went to the truck to get something and while opening the driver’s door the window indexes down. It was frozen and made a cracking sound. I figured it was the ice breaking. I closed the door and the window indexed up. All seamed normal. A few days later we drove to Denver and stopped and a drive through. I lowered the window and it sounded like the whole window shattered. Then it wouldn’t go back up. The glass was fine but the regulator was toast. It was snowing and 4 degrees and no window. We had to get back to Texas, so I got some plastic and tape and made a new window. We drove for 14 very loud hours. Upon getting home I noticed three cracks in the windshield. Looking closer, there was hundreds of pits with tiny cracks forming. I am guessing this is from the sand on the interstate. A quick google search revealed that the Bronco Sports and Rangers all have serious windshield problems. Also, some other owners are reporting broken window regulators when the temp gets below 15 degrees. This is totally unacceptable. The vehicle only has 2000 miles and it can’t even be used in the snow. That is what I bought it for. We are heartbroken that Ford would put this kind of crap on the market. This supposed to be a rough and tough vehicle.

E37B6F11-3779-43A3-AFE3-9EBB552ACC64.jpeg

C63F0154-538B-4CD5-8BC1-1E425DB35D1D.jpeg

D4945490-499F-4A91-9616-A98D553AEF23.jpeg

71DF5A84-E441-48EA-B564-1042346B263E.jpeg
I'm supposed to do a similar trip in the fall this year. I will def revisit this post if I have the same results.

Sponsored

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Or depending on your local shop, Dynoflex. My PPF guys said they've had really good luck with it in their testing. Woulda had it installed but my damn windshield broke during the 150 mile drive to the shop 🤬
I was all-in on Dynoflex this weekend until I read you can get a year or two at best "if you don't use your wipers". Unless you really keep it polished and use silicone wiper blades, you're going to end up with wiper brush marks. Seems it's meant for supercars that don't really see any rain or weather. Also, you shouldn't use your ice brush on it.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry that suck. 1st yr models always have problems all makes nothing new
Another reason I bought the 8/100K extended warranty.

When I park my Bronco in the garage I always roll the drivers side window down just enough that it doesn’t index when I open the door. Maybe down the road some company will figure out a good solution for vent visors on the side windows so one can potentially leave the windows in a position to not index. Maybe adding an additional piece of weather stripping and programming the window not to index could be a solution.

Last edited:

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My windshield caught a rock at 300 miles, 7 days of ownership and 1st time on the freeway. 6 months to get a new windshield. The guy at safelite told me Weanglers, FJs, and H2/H3s are in the shop all the time. He expected to start seeing tons of Broncos as well. The indexing windows have me a bit concerned as well. Mine froze over at 10 deg the other day and made a ton of racket going down. Wait and see. I guess.

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another reason I bought the 8/100K extended warranty.
my plan as well worth every penny with all the COO stuff that breaks :)
Ford probably won't have fix all the bugs sorted till 24 model yr

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think I’m gonna start going in through the tailgate whenever it’s icy out
Sponsored