First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Outer banks owners/buyers, did you go with the roast/black or space grey/navy pier leather option, and are you happy with your choice?
This is the one selection I keep worrying about, and am looking for people’s feedback. Ideally, they’d just offer an all black option, but here we are.
I am going with black exterior, so black interior seems like a no brainer, but excited to hear what you all say.

Thank in advance for the replies!!
Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Outer banks owners/buyers, did you go with the roast/black or space grey/navy pier leather option, and are you happy with your choice?
This is the one selection I keep worrying about, and am looking for people’s feedback. Ideally, they’d just offer an all black option, but here we are.
I am going with black exterior, so black interior seems like a no brainer, but excited to hear what you all say.

Thank in advance for the replies!!
No Kidding, this is exactly why I chose the Badlands over the Outer Banks. I wanted the nicer trim on the Outer Banks and didn't need the full capability of the Badlands. It would have been an easy wheel tire upgrade on an Outer Banks for me. Cost-wise, they came in so close to each other with Lux that I chose the Badlands interior. I figured I could get painted mirror caps and flares later if I wanted. Although, now that the Oracle Mirror light has been out long enough, I may be going that route anyway.

Choose what you really want, but Ford did not make it easy tossing untraditional navy and roasted interiors and other color splashes in certain trims. Most people are not very risk-taking when it comes to color combinations. Heck, I would have taken the Black Diamond had Ford allowed me to option it up. Admittedly, the wash-out interior is far better (and more necessary) than I expected.

F2W12

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have an Eruption Green '23 OBX and knew from the very beginning that I wanted the roast interior. The way the brown accents work with the green is exquisite. The interior is usually the first thing people comment about when they take a ride in my rig.

With a black exterior, I guess the question is whether you still believe in the old fashion faux pas where you couldn't wear blue or brown with black. If it were me, I'd definitely go roast, especially since the seats are still black and trimmed with brown.

OP
OP
mbc15

mbc15

Wildtrak
First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No Kidding, this is exactly why I chose the Badlands over the Outer Banks. I wanted the nicer trim on the Outer Banks and didn't need the full capability of the Badlands. It would have been an easy wheel tire upgrade on an Outer Banks for me. Cost-wise, they came in so close to each other with Lux that I chose the Badlands interior. I figured I could get painted mirror caps and flares later if I wanted. Although, now that the Oracle Mirror light has been out long enough, I may be going that route anyway.

Choose what you really want, but Ford did not make it easy tossing untraditional navy and roasted interiors and other color splashes in certain trims. Most people are not very risk-taking when it comes to color combinations. Heck, I would have taken the Black Diamond had Ford allowed me to option it up. Admittedly, the wash-out interior is far better (and more necessary) than I expected.
I considered the badlands but I’d be in about $9k more with everything, so just can’t justify it. And the black diamond doesn’t have some of the things the OB does that I view as must haves. The OB is really is perfect for what I’m looking for (other than the interior options!) - haha.
Thanks for your input!!

Antimatter06

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 6-speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with navy pier cloth. No interest in leather & not a fan of all dark interiors. Just my opinion, but navy pier has a cool almost retro look. Couldn’t be happier with it.

Sponsored

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I suppose I'm biased, but I'd go with the roast/black.
Considering your exterior color, you really could go either way.
I optioned my '22 OBX with the roast cloth with the plan to add leather in later.
But I've yet to do it. I've been happy with the cloth and the colors.
I also preferred the copperish color on the dash and trim over the other one as I thought it was a nice contrast.

OP
OP
mbc15

mbc15

Wildtrak
First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have an Eruption Green '23 OBX and knew from the very beginning that I wanted the roast interior. The way the brown accents work with the green is exquisite. The interior is usually the first thing people comment about when they take a ride in my rig.

With a black exterior, I guess the question is whether you still believe in the old fashion faux pas where you couldn't wear blue or brown with black. If it were me, I'd definitely go roast, especially since the seats are still black and trimmed with brown.
This is my thought process too, and I hope I enjoy the black/roast combo. My gut tells me go black, as I’m definitely more of a black>blue person with my style, if that makes sense. Haha.

F2W12

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is my thought process too, and I hope I enjoy the black/roast combo. My gut tells me go black, as I’m definitely more of a black>blue person with my style, if that makes sense. Haha.
It makes a ton of sense to me. I tend to gravitate more towards natural colors/textures and warmer colors, so green with roast couldn't be more perfect for me. If you prefer black, I think you'll be very happy with roast. The only thing is, and I don't know if Ford changed this for'24 or if it is different with the navy interior, but the sort of bright blue OBX stitching on the inside took some getting used to. I have grown to like it, but I still think I would have preferred a different color stitching.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I considered the badlands but I’d be in about $9k more with everything, so just can’t justify it. And the black diamond doesn’t have some of the things the OB does that I view as must haves. The OB is really is perfect for what I’m looking for (other than the interior options!) - haha.
Thanks for your input!!
I'm confused, base price is less than $3k higher for a Badlands ($50,885) vs an OBX ($47,940)? The tires alone are worth $1400 if you plan to upgrade the OBX highway rubber to an AT tire upon initial purchase. I've not run the SAS math on these but I'm stunned that you could save $9k on an identically equipped OBX vs a Badlands.

Edit: Putting SAS and LUX on both still keeps them within $3k? Not trying to change your opinion, but I want to make sure you are comparing equally.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Roast. In my opinion the best Bronco interior. Next question.

---

It depends on your exterior color, and honestly you could go either way with a black exterior. The "cooler" colors like Velocity Blue, Azure Gray, and Oxford White look best with Navy Pier. While the warmer/earthier colors like Hot Pepper Red, Cactus Gray, Race Red, and especially Eruption Green look best with the Roast interior. The grays and blacks are obviously right down the middle and could go either way, but as others have say the Roast seats back black trim on them, so my vote is Roast. And that would have been my vote even if it wasn't my favorite interior.

I went with navy pier cloth. No interest in leather & not a fan of all dark interiors. Just my opinion, but navy pier has a cool almost retro look. Couldn’t be happier with it.
Both the navy pier cloth and the sandstone cloth (in Big Bend) were great. Would have loved the Sandstone in my Badlands.

BUT, unfortunately both are now discontinued.

Sponsored

Wraithracing

Outer Banks
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went with the Roast. Mine is a 21 so honestly I didn't have the ability or option to check out interiors in person when the order was placed. The Navy interior just didn't do it for me personally. I love the Roast interior and the Copper/Bronze dash was a cool unexpected addition that I hadn't really noticed in the early release photos that I love too. Although trying to get a paint match for it has proven truly elusive! I wanted some of the equipment of the Badlands, but I didn't want the all black interior, so that was a big issue for me to start with. If I had it to do all over again, I would probably still order the OBX, but then again I might just order the Badlands and do a Katzkin leather interior upgrade after the fact. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
mbc15

mbc15

Wildtrak
First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm confused, base price is less than $3k higher for a Badlands ($50,885) vs an OBX ($47,940)? The tires alone are worth $1400 if you plan to upgrade the OBX highway rubber to an AT tire upon initial purchase. I've not run the SAS math on these but I'm stunned that you could save $9k on an identically equipped OBX vs a Badlands.

Edit: Putting SAS and LUX on both still keeps them within $3k? Not trying to change your opinion, but I want to make sure you are comparing equally.
OB: 2.7L, Lux, Hard top = $56.8K
BL: 2.7L, Lux, Hard top, Leather Seats = $65.5k

Buck N Bronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went with Navy Pier as it compliments the AGM paint, but if I'd gone with black instead, I would have definitely gotten it with roast. my $0.02

OUSigAlph

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OBX 2dr Shadow Black with roast leather here. The interior combo, also for me, is usually the first comment that people make about the Bronco. The black "peek a boo" strip of the exterior color also looks great as an accent.

OP
OP
mbc15

mbc15

Wildtrak
First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with the Roast. Mine is a 21 so honestly I didn't have the ability or option to check out interiors in person when the order was placed. The Navy interior just didn't do it for me personally. I love the Roast interior and the Copper/Bronze dash was a cool unexpected addition that I hadn't really noticed in the early release photos that I love too. Although trying to get a paint match for it has proven truly elusive! I wanted some of the equipment of the Badlands, but I didn't want the all black interior, so that was a big issue for me to start with. If I had it to do all over again, I would probably still order the OBX, but then again I might just order the Badlands and do a Katzkin leather interior upgrade after the fact. :rolleyes:
I was thinking worst case if I don't like the roast/black I could just do all black leather from Katzkin. The navy/grey doesn't really do it for me either...
Sponsored