Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford said the flares are easy to remove, like 2 clicks or something. I'm more concerned about the flares being stolen, especially since I may go with OBX and the painted flares. Even Sasq flares may draw some sticky hands.
Sponsored

Pattytester

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I thought there was showing to be a locking center console as an option on some models?
I saw a "safe" option on the Bronco Sport build and price, but haven't yet seen it on any real Bronco options lists.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a lockable setup similar to this picture off Quadratec for my Wrangler. It's a great place to store my recovery gear and other valuables. I almost never have the doors on. Other than that area I don't keep anything valuable in the Jeep. I have not had problems with people leaving trash in it or anything like that. If it does happen sometime I'm not going to worry about it. Small price to pay.

The new Bronco might attract more attention than just another Wrangler though. I still plan on leaving the doors off most the time. I'll just deal with it if something happens.

Ford Bronco Roof off security Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 7.28.06 PM

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought there was showing to be a locking center console as an option on some models?
The console is plastic though. That "lock" is probably nothing more than a piece of metal that goes over a lip or small latch. A prybar will pop that open without any effort. People looking for pistols will do it. That's a problem here in Atlanta. They kept hitting the fire stations and getting several guns from one station.

I would highly recommend NOT doing that. Nothing says, "If you look in here you might find a gun" like an NRA sticker.
This! Exactly along the lines with what I just said. People put Glock stickers on their car to look intimidating and it just gets their truck broken into. It could be in a car lot with 100 cars and they'll be damn sure to hit that one!

Sponsored

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On the Wrangler, the locking center console is a joke. Most people could pull it open when it is locked with just their hands. Same with glove compartment. There is locking storage under the floorboard area in both the Wrangler and the Bronco. It holds quite a bit, ( more than the center console). When you close the tailgate and lock it, it is secured. And yes, you can lock the tailgate even with the other doors off.

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was going to post one of the rear covers above. I am sure if Ford doesn't offer one the aftermarket will fairly quickly. I leave top and doors off my Jeep all the time and never had any issues. Just remember, locks are for honest people, if somebody wants in they are going to get in.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would highly recommend NOT doing that. Nothing says, "If you look in here you might find a gun" like an NRA sticker.
Ford Bronco Roof off security DCB1BF08-64B3-4CF9-B100-88523B8B1329

This is why gun/etc. stickers go on my cooler ???

Bud1lite

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru forester,2016 Nissan frontier
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford said the flares are easy to remove, like 2 clicks or something. I'm more concerned about the flares being stolen, especially since I may go with OBX and the painted flares. Even Sasq flares may draw some sticky hands.
Yeah I still want to see it without fenders,hoping someone will come out with a flare delete soon after they arrive...

Sponsored
OP
OP
bowhun2r

bowhun2r

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 STi/18 4Runner/19 GX-460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
if somebody wants in they are going to get in.

This.

Yes I understand that's the case. My Tacoma was locked on the side of the road pulled off where I hunt. Been doing that for years in that area and just got unlucky. Since then with the two convertibles I previously owned I always locked it up with roof and windows. Good to see I'm not the only one that thought about this and it's great info on some of the aftermarket jeep accessories that addressed this. I also carry a lot of "stuff" in my 4Runner (on the Molly panels) that I wouldn't leave exposed to easily be lifted.

Minus the dog... I have a lot of gear secured to the Molly panels. I started to think what I'll do next year when I swap vehicles. I plan on getting the hard top, but like the idea of removing the roof panels.

IMG_3698.jpeg

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious for those that have jeeps that park with the roof/doors off... I've had convertibles but always parked with the roof up because I'm likely overly cautious. For instance going to dinner at a restaurant (before the apocalypse) and put the roof up and windows up. Just not wanting to give some idiot the idea to quickly get in and search the car or... be a total d!ck and throw trash in it. I've been to NFL games where someone wanted to show off there nice convertible only to have beer cans thrown in it. Let's face it... there are idiots on this planet.

With the Bronco I was wondering if there will be any type of secure storage available like a lock box I had for my Tundra. Granted... that was much larger and huge center console plus it wasn't a convertible nor could I take the doors off...but I think you understand where I'm coming from.

Driving with the roof off doors on is likely going to attract less attention. Doors off/roof off likely not the case parked in a lot going to dinner for a few hours.

Wondering if I'm just being overly cautious or not.

I had my Tacoma broken into and rummaged through. Not a pleasant experience.

Thanks,
Scott

I read something about sensors that detects peeps approaching and setting off an alert when reaching in not invited. Also, there are locking armrest and glove box.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly, as well, if there is a “tuffy” box made for the Bronco this things are pretty damn secure even with the top off. Of course it’s always a risk, someone can break into anything. But it’s definitely more secure than any locking glove box or center console. You would need to both know about it’s existence and have a pretty good pry bar or angle grinder to get in. Am I going to leave a bunch of money and expensive weapons/electronics in there long term? No. But definitely enough to throw the shotguns in back after dove hunting when you get breakfast at Cracker Barrel ???

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/product/255/deluxe-enclosure-jeep-wrangler-jk-2007-2010

Here’s a link to what I’m talking about. Pretty cool too because the top and back of the box come out easily so that you can still fold the seats and use the full space without having to indo a bunch of bolts. Hopefully there’s a bronco version ASAP!

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I had a convertible for about 16 years, best advice is not to leave anything in it that you want to keep and don't lock it if you have the top up; to me it was cheaper to lose a stereo or some loose change than replace a cut soft top. Ford or the aftermarket will offer a lockbox for those that want to keep valuables somewhat secured pretty quickly.