Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Much of this thread focused on lock boxes and stereo theft and items in your backseat, etc

Is there any concern if you park with roof off in terms of people stealing the easily removable doors? Is there a market for that or is that a thing in the jeep world? Not talking about parking at the gas pump and going in to get a Big Gulp, but overnight parking in your driveway or daytime in a parking garage, etc.
Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Much of this thread focused on lock boxes and stereo theft and items in your backseat, etc

Is there any concern if you park with roof off in terms of people stealing the easily removable doors? Is there a market for that or is that a thing in the jeep world? Not talking about parking at the gas pump and going in to get a Big Gulp, but overnight parking in your driveway or daytime in a parking garage, etc.
Wouldn't your car alarm go off with tha kind of motion?

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wouldn't your car alarm go off with tha kind of motion?
If you have alarm probably so......but apparently doesn't take long to remove the doors either and what can the cops do nowadays with the climate......unless they witness it, they probably are not responding to a call, just taking a report

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have alarm probably so......but apparently doesn't take long to remove the doors either and what can the cops do nowadays with the climate......unless they witness it, they probably are not responding to a call, just taking a report
Fair enough. Now I am curious as well. Ive never owned a Jeep so I can't say.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can imagine thieves eye-balling the new $1000+ B&O car stereo in an open environment. I doubt it will have a detachable face so has anyone considered how to protect their lux package B&O stereo or are stereos too hard to remove now?......do people even steal stereos anymore....maybe a proximity alarm may work?

That and that purty 12' screen...

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Two key things to watch for: theft and mischief.

On the former, I'd echo what others have said, don't leave stuff in the vehicle and try to keep off theif radar.

On the latter, get a locking gas cap and hood lock. Even my old CJ5 with AM radio and rust, still was victim of some creep pouring quart of oil down the gas filler. It was the quart I had laying on the floor of the CJ.

After that I left nothing in the CJ and locked the cap and padlocked the hood. Just don't give creeps any ideas or items to mess with.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So many thinks can happen with an open top/accessible vehicle that don't even cross one's radar with a closed vehicle.

Once at a family party, I walked outside to find all my little cousins piled into my open top CJ turning it into a playground jungle gym. Jumping on the seats and climbing the rollbars. Had it been a brand new vehicle I would have been unhappy.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would highly recommend NOT doing that. Nothing says, "If you look in here you might find a gun" like an NRA sticker.
Sad to say, cops are the first to assume you're carrying.

Double IPA

Wildtrak
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan, 2002 RS Warrrior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well this thread is a little depressing.... clearly lots of creeps out there who just can leave well enough alone or respect other people's property. When it comes to the first few years of the 6g Bronco, I'm sure it will be a target.
Good luck!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Protects all sides of your Bronco from theft (and hail).

Sponsored