zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A lot depends on where you live and park your vehicle. In Brooklyn I had problems parking with windows up or down. In Texas where I now live I can leave my car unlocked and no one would touch it.

Thoos

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Thoos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aftermarket reinforced locker in the center console and a flat pack drawer as an AR locker on the trunk bed are going to be my first aftermarket installs as soon as i get this truck. If i can get a slim enough profile in the trunk locker im going to attempt to level it with the backseats flat.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Both my 2018 Silverado and F150Fx4 have locking compartments for a gun. Hellllloooo Ford??

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Never lock my 62, has some well used tools and a jack behind the seat. Very sloppy 3 on the tree with a non synchronized 1st gear makes me think no on is going to be driving her away quickly. I do put a club on the metal steering wheel, Think the wheel would be harder to cut than the club.

Sponsored

BisonInTexas

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could just get a keypad for garage door so you can open it no matter what car you are in. I had to do this with my Vette since their homelink was garbage and didnā€™t work with any new garages
Another option is wiring a Bluetooth or wifi adapter for your garage door opener. It's very simple and then you can use your phone to open your garage. I use GarageMate and it works great for my teenagers.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

just think, it isn't until you get to the Lux package that you actually can do away with your garage door opener and have it built into the Bronco. Where you keeping your remote with your doors and top off?
If you arenā€™t even diving into the mid package, you also wonā€™t get auto dimming. it might be worth buying an aftermarket auto dimming rear view mirror with homelink built in, I think under $100 bucks. (And it should be a standard feature, Ford)

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi All, new here. Iā€™ve never owned a convertible or Wrangler so this thread has me wondering what yā€™all do with registration and insurance papers? Since the consensus seems to be to not leave anything of value or even anything at all inside with a soft top or top off.
With the registration and Insurance ID Cards, take a Sharpie and blacken out your address on the documents, that way they have no idea where you live.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Another option is wiring a Bluetooth or wifi adapter for your garage door opener. It's very simple and then you can use your phone to open your garage. I use GarageMate and it works great for my teenagers.
If you have a newer LiftMaster opener (I believe it works on Chamberlain as well), install the MyQ app on your phone, which lets you open/close the opener with your phone and it also lets you monitor if the garage door is open or closed and when it was last used.

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I had my JK, it was only messed with once. Being in Florida, 85% of the time I ran it with no top or doors. Ironically, it was broken into in my driveway one night. I lived in a small gated community in a decent area. Top and doors were on but I forgot to lock my doors that night. The thief(s) got my iPod Touch in the unlocked glove box. They hit 3 other vehicles that night including the HOA president. Boy was he pissed ?.

They dumped the contents of my glove box on the floor and I found my insurance card in the cargo area ?ā€ā™‚.

After that, I installed a Tuffy steel glovebox and kept it locked. I took everything out of the center console and put it in the glovebox. I never worried about it again.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

... And also if you have the top off, just leave a few of those dirty underwear laying around like steeering wheel and in the back seat when you're not in the car. That would even keep the boogie man away

IMG_2364.jpg
Ford Bronco Roof off security 1597606737769

Tiburon

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can imagine thieves eye-balling the new $1000+ B&O car stereo in an open environment. I doubt it will have a detachable face so has anyone considered how to protect their lux package B&O stereo or are stereos too hard to remove now?......do people even steal stereos anymore....maybe a proximity alarm may work?

Massbronco

Badlands
First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love my aftermarket under seat storage compartment. Youd never find it unless you are looking for it. I hope the seat track on the bronco allows for a product like this. I'd be more worried about someone breaking that 12 inch touch screen just for kicks

Crowleyman

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Durango
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I owned a convertible, I never put the top up (unless it was raining/snowing). My logic was that if I left it up, then I could come back to a cut top, or broken windows, or both. Leaving everything down, with ā€œfreeā€ access to the car just made financial sense.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I
When I had my JK, it was only messed with once. Being in Florida, 85% of the time I ran it with no top or doors. Ironically, it was broken into in my driveway one night. I lived in a small gated community in a decent area. Top and doors were on but I forgot to lock my doors that night. The thief(s) got my iPod Touch in the unlocked glove box. They hit 3 other vehicles that night including the HOA president. Boy was he pissed ?.

They dumped the contents of my glove box on the floor and I found my insurance card in the cargo area ?ā€ā™‚.

After that, I installed a Tuffy steel glovebox and kept it locked. I took everything out of the center console and put it in the glovebox. I never worried about it again.
I've got a 2D 1/2 door JK with Tuffy center console and glove box lock boxes keyed the same.
I'm far more paranoid about maggots stealing the 1/2 doors than anything in the Jeep.
I keep loose change in the center console cup and a few CDs lying around on the floor for tweaker bait.
Sponsored