Roof off security

B. Ron CO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi All, new here. I’ve never owned a convertible or Wrangler so this thread has me wondering what y’all do with registration and insurance papers? Since the consensus seems to be to not leave anything of value or even anything at all inside with a soft top or top off.
Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi All, new here. I’ve never owned a convertible or Wrangler so this thread has me wondering what y’all do with registration and insurance papers? Since the consensus seems to be to not leave anything of value or even anything at all inside with a soft top or top off.
Wrangler had locking glove box. You could get in if you really wanted too, but it’s just as easy to break a window on the enclosed car.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I do end up with the bronco, I'll buy one or two under the seat safe's that will require you to bolt it down. And also if you have the top off, just leave a few of those dirty underwear laying around like steeering wheel and in the back seat when you're not in the car. That would even keep the boogie man away

IMG_2364.jpg

IMG_2365.PNG

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I take reg,insurance,and dl license and copy on one sheet of paper i fold it up and hide it underdash,or in a locked tube . If i ever need it i hsnd to officer and they appreaciate it all being in one place and understand why.

Sponsored

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’ve got a couple switches that I can “arm” that will disable the ignition. Just simple stuff that delays the time it takes to steal.

In my old FSB, that never ran with doors or a top, I had a heavy duty log chain with a heavy duty lock that I’d lock it in first gear, low range. If they were going to steal it, they wouldn’t move fast. I did it that way all over SoCal. Granted, my FSB was not a looker.
I was thinking the same. Maybe installing an ignition or fuel pump kill switch. That combined with a MT would probably greatly decrease the likelihood of a vehicle theft.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hook up fuel pump to cigarette lighter, no lighter in hole no start.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would highly recommend NOT doing that. Nothing says, "If you look in here you might find a gun" like an NRA sticker.
That’s what I was thinking!

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I posted this elsewhere, however, I have been in contact with Tuffy, they make security products for the Wrangler, I have been assured they are making products for the new Bronco, in fact I received an updated email yesterday. That video of the fold-down shelf in the 2-door? Was a Tuffy product. One of the best accessories I had on my Wrangler was the security shelf, gave me a secure trunk space, even with the top & doors off, link below to the Jeep version;

Tuffy Security Shelf

Sponsored

spyderman01

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
just think, it isn't until you get to the Lux package that you actually can do away with your garage door opener and have it built into the Bronco. Where you keeping your remote with your doors and top off?
I had a mini remote and I would stuff it into the padding on the roll bar driver's side in my Wrangler , then just pushed on the button to the left of head, instant homelink!

spyderman01

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
I posted this elsewhere, however, I have been in contact with Tuffy, they make security products for the Wrangler, I have been assured they are making products for the new Bronco, in fact I received an updated email yesterday. That video of the fold-down shelf in the 2-door? Was a Tuffy product. One of the best accessories I had on my Wrangler was the security shelf, gave me a secure trunk space, even with the top & doors off, link below to the Jeep version;

Tuffy Security Shelf
What I think would be neat would be an adjustable version. Normal position like this, then it can be lowered so it sits off the cargo floor 4 inches. Gives security and flat load floor in one step!

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking the same. Maybe installing an ignition or fuel pump kill switch. That combined with a MT would probably greatly decrease the likelihood of a vehicle theft.
Car thieves steal cars, top or no top. A skilled thief can open a door with a slim jim in under 30 seconds, an unskilled one can smash a window in 5 seconds. The issue with roof off is the attractiveness to the casual thief to explore the interior that they might otherwise not have tried - which is the reason not to leave anything you don't want to lose inside.

Professional thieves steal shit. As a motorcyclist I've had friends have their rides stolen. Bikes were locked and reasonably secure, doesn't matter. An Electra-Glide weighs almost 800 lbs but a few determined thieves lift and toss it into the back of a pick-up in less than a minute and drive away. Body work on the bike takes a beating but they don't care as it's all getting parted out anyway. Same thing with car thieves - they aren't reselling your car/truck, they are dumping it to a chop shop.

So . . . top or no top really shouldn't factor in to a fear of having your ride stolen, just the stuff inside.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a mini remote and I would stuff it into the padding on the roll bar driver's side in my Wrangler , then just pushed on the button to the left of head, instant homelink!
I do too, besides i can open my garage from my phone. Do the broncos have rollbar padding?
Sponsored