Sponsored

Rough Country Winch plate for modular bumper (Coming soon)

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know there aren't a ton of options in this area yet, but maybe someone will eventually release a winch plate that doesn't block the front camera view so much, that also works with the 2.7. I imagine someday someone will make a frame chop bumper or something that requires an aftermarket intercooler that allows the winch to be lower and out of the way - like they do with the raptor.
Which is why JCR is coming out with their camera relocation kit.
Sponsored

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know where that mounts but on a closer look it doesn't look like it mounts to the body or frame very solidly. Regardless of pricing I'd be hesitant to use that winch with how it looks to be mounted here.

Lord knows I could (and probably am) wrong. But doesn't look like something id trust winching 5k lbs

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fun story - you know Grey Goose Vodka? Yeah, was not always a premium spirit. In fact it was a cheap vodka that was floundering horribly, right before the company was about to go under the CEO had the price TRIPLED and changed nothing about the vodka. Sales increased and it became a staple of the premium vodka world.

Perceived value.
That's not true. Perhaps it is with another brand, but not with Grey Goose. I have heard that story before but can't remember the product.

BDSQWCH

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4door Badlands Bronco, 94 Eddie Bauer Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the JCR one better but the RC looks like it may have a better approach angle.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the JCR one better but the RC looks like it may have a better approach angle.
Better approach angle and it looks like it doesn't block the ACC sensor

Sponsored

BDSQWCH

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4door Badlands Bronco, 94 Eddie Bauer Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Better approach angle and it looks like it doesn't block the ACC sensor
I have a Badlands with mid package so I don't think I have ACC, if I do I don'tknow it 🤣.

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone seen anything new on this? I've been waiting for it to pop up on RCs site but no ETA makes the wait hard.

UPDATE: it looks like these will be available this month!

Screenshot_20220308-125610_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't know where that mounts but on a closer look it doesn't look like it mounts to the body or frame very solidly. Regardless of pricing I'd be hesitant to use that winch with how it looks to be mounted here.

Lord knows I could (and probably am) wrong. But doesn't look like something id trust winching 5k lbs
Agreed. Mounting to the frame rails seems more prudent. Also, there is a trade off on approach angle. The higher it is the more the truck will be pulled “downward” when winching. The JCR is more than double the price but my gut tells me it is superior in design and construction. That is only my opinion.

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone seen anything new on this? I've been waiting for it to pop up on RCs site but no ETA makes the wait hard.

UPDATE: it looks like these will be available this month!

Ford Bronco Rough Country Winch plate for modular bumper (Coming soon) Screenshot_20220308-125610_Chrome
Have they mentioned anything about pricing?

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks like a whole new level of camera blocking! I have asked JCR about a 2" receiver "winch mount". That may be the ticket for some of us. None of the existing add on mounts are speaking to me yet. The 2.7 and front camera make my choices a bit harder.
Receiver mount is what I'm wanting. No need to have a winch 365, 24/7, just put it on when the weather or location dictates it.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just saw this in the latest RC YouTube video. It’s not currently available, but supposedly soon.

Ford Bronco Rough Country Winch plate for modular bumper (Coming soon) Screenshot_20220308-125610_Chrome

Sorry for the newb question does the radiator or intercooler get good airflow still with this mounted looks pretty good not sure how I feel about the light bar on it yet

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry for the newb question does the radiator or intercooler get good airflow still with this mounted looks pretty good not sure how I feel about the light bar on it yet
I dont think there is a serious concern, plus there is still airflow around the ACC sensor since that is not blocked. I personally plan to get a winch with a control pack relocation kit so that will reduce its frontal surface area impact.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Receiver mount is what I'm wanting. No need to have a winch 365, 24/7, just put it on when the weather or location dictates it.
It's one of those things. If I need it, I won't have it and if I have it I won't use it. That being said, the idea and benefit of not having all the weight and the winch exposed to sun and salt year round sounds like a good idea. In the meantime, I just bought a 8Klb. hand winch and a synthetic winch rope extension. It is slow and obviously not as capable, but in a pinch, it will be better than not having anything.
Sponsored