Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW: '07 328xi, '13 X1, '75 R90/6, '12 R1200GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was bummed when they pulled the MT from the options when order banks opened in March. I know it’s assembly line related to accommodate the new Ranger and I know they closed the order banks on MY23 today. But I haven’t seen any news (or rumors) about the future of the manual. I’m hoping when they open order banks for MY24 (in the fall?) that maybe it will be available then. But that’s just my wishful speculation. Anyone heard anything more solid? My dealer had to be informed by ME of the manual situation and he has no insight other than checking back with me last week to make sure I didn’t want to change to an automatic — I’m holding firm. For how long is now the question!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing official but my dealer told me the my24 orders later this year will have m/t options.
Not sure he has any insider info or just making assumption

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sure hope it’s a redesign or otherwise has a definitive fix for the grinding issue every other 7MT seems to have. I’m on week 6 waiting for my 7MT to come back from the TSB work.

OP
OP
bkirchhoff

bkirchhoff

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW: '07 328xi, '13 X1, '75 R90/6, '12 R1200GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh yes. I’m very hopeful that the pause leads to a fix before they start making them again. If this delay allows me to avoid that issue, it will be totally worth it.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to Ford, the pause in the manual transmission was to help simplify the production process in preparation for the introduction of the new Ford Ranger (Ranger and Bronco are produced at the same plant). We have no way of knowing how true that is... but considering mid-size pickups are all the craze right now, it makes a LOT of sense.

Currently there is nothing to suggest that manuals have been been discontinued. But depending on how insane demand is for the Ranger, we may not see it re-appear until the latter half of 2024.

Sponsored

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealers make up shit. If one knows , they all know . Theres no dealer with more insider knowledge than others .

whiteox

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dealers make up shit. If one knows , they all know . Theres no dealer with more insider knowledge than others .
Believe Farley Ford doesn't even know! Tommy Bronc

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
According to Ford, the pause in the manual transmission was to help simplify the production process in preparation for the introduction of the new Ford Ranger (Ranger and Bronco are produced at the same plant). We have no way of knowing how true that is... but considering mid-size pickups are all the craze right now, it makes a LOT of sense.
Ranger sales will be less than half of the new Taco. If Ford was actually serious about competing, they'd put the 7MT in the Ranger as well. (still wouldn't meet the Tacoma sales, but it would get them another 20% or so)

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sure hope it’s a redesign or otherwise has a definitive fix for the grinding issue every other 7MT seems to have. I’m on week 6 waiting for my 7MT to come back from the TSB work.
My 7MT has no grinding noises. I am at 11K miles and it has been driven at altitude, in the snow/ice/rain and no issues at all. So not all 7MTs have issues.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do have the grinding/scraping but in no Hurry to fix until they confirm the TSB is a real solution. I would choose a noisy, scraping Manual over an auto anyway.

Selfishly, I wouldn’t mind if they discontinued the manual and made my 2 door badlands more rare.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No noise here as well,wouldn't have an auto bronco.
Until I had the option of “company cars”. Every vehicle I have owned had a manual transmission. ’56 Ford, CJ2A, CJ3A, CJ5, Jeep Cherokee, AMC Eagle (yup!), ‘65 Corvette, and perhaps a few others I have missed…. Yes, I still love to shift through the gears!

I know many of you will argue with me, but the Badlands, 2.7L, SAS with the 10 speed auto seems to do extremely well at low speed off the road. So, FOR THE TYPE OF OFF ROADING THAT I DO, I would take the 10 speed auto over the manual transmission every time.

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 7MT has no grinding noises. I am at 11K miles and it has been driven at altitude, in the snow/ice/rain and no issues at all. So not all 7MTs have issues.
Ditto. 12.5k miles on the 7MT without an issue.
Sponsored