First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badsquatch, '71, '79, '94 '96 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2022 Bronco with 2.7L. Anyone else have an issue with it running a little rough at startup when cold? It misses/skips a little bit but once it warms up it's fine. The miss is when it's idling close to 800rpm. When it slows down to 500 it seems better. No issues when warm.
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does seem to idle a bit rough for about the first minute on a cold start. You can hear it. You can feel it in the steering wheel if you crank it and immediately reverse down the grade of the driveway.
But within a minute it smooths on out and no issues. Once warm, it's hard to tell it is even running at times it is so smooth.
Only a mild annoyance at this point, as no codes or issues seem to be coming from it.
Does make me wonder how it will run at 30K miles, 60K, 120K, etc.
Will I be replacing IAC, plugs, MAF/MAP sensors on it sooner than expected?
Only the shadow knows...

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not sure I understand...you used the word cold. Even when it hasn't been running for 10+ hours my engine is still hot! It's 110 degrees in Houston! It's never cold! :D

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It does seem to idle a bit rough for about the first minute on a cold start. You can hear it. You can feel it in the steering wheel if you crank it and immediately reverse down the grade of the driveway.
But within a minute it smooths on out and no issues. Once warm, it's hard to tell it is even running at times it is so smooth.
Only a mild annoyance at this point, as no codes or issues seem to be coming from it.
Does make me wonder how it will run at 30K miles, 60K, 120K, etc.
Will I be replacing IAC, plugs, MAF/MAP sensors on it sooner than expected?
Only the shadow knows...
Same here, I can definitely feel it on a cold startup but no codes or driving issues. Dissipates in a minute or so after ignition. 2.7L with 3500 miles running premium.

Sponsored

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I notice the same behavior in my 2.7 and it makes me nervous as I am only 10 days past the engine build date for the documented 2.7 engine valve failures. Everytime I start the car, I ask myself should I take it to the dealer. Feels like 1 cyclinder is misfiring and then it smooths itself out once warm.

OP
OP
benratt

benratt

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what's the build date for the engine failures? Have they narrowed it down to certain dates?

OP
OP
benratt

benratt

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drove the same Bronco 2.7L that I have at Austin Tx Bronco Off Roadeo this weekend and it ran the same way, rough on startup/cold and smoothed out after a minute. That one had 1200 miles on it. So I guess it's how they're setup/programmed, and it's not just mine.

6E0A9969.jpg
Sponsored